Incongruous media coverage of Rittenhouse vs actual testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
jinjuku

jinjuku

Not here to actually talk about Kyle Rittenhouse. I've watched the King proceedings, OJ, Chauvin, now Rittenhouse. What I've noticed this time around is very 'creatively edited and worded' reporting by the name sake agencies like CNN, NYT, WaPo, MSN, NPR etc where they've reported on a witness testimony and just leave out the bombshell stuff and it's all seemingly slanted toward a guilty before proven innocent angle.

Also of interest is that when I've looked at the YT numbers I don't seem to be alone in this thought.

It's a bit disturbing to be honest.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yep. Doesn't seem that the truth is shaping out to what some want it to be.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
The media :rolleyes: talking heads, seems about right. With them bubble-headed bleached blonde talking heads, with the gleam in their eyes. Totally agree it's definitely disturbing.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
He was 17- didn't need to be there at all, definitely didn't need to be carrying a rifle.

"I didn't do anything wrong, I was just protecting myself" when he should have stayed away don't work. If he had been unarmed, I'm not sure anyone would have gone near him.

jinjuku

jinjuku

He was 17- didn't need to be there at all, definitely didn't need to be carrying a rifle.

"I didn't do anything wrong, I was just protecting myself" when he should have stayed away don't work. If he had been unarmed, I'm not sure anyone would have gone near him.
Let's be honest: No one really needed to be there. Even the police taking the stand called it a war zone.

No Kyle shouldn't have been there. But he wasn't alone in this, he wasn't the only one armed.

But that's besides the point:

My concern is that the Judge let the prosecutor have it, just lambasted him for his unethical behavior and borderline malpractice, and what I saw from MSM was the judge was acting irrationally. But when you saw the exchange for yourself you understood the sleazeball tactics the the DA was using.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

NPR did a write up on Gaige Grosskruetz's testimony. It was 100% slant and 0 mention of Gaige's perfidy in his testimony. 0 mention that Gaige admitted that a weapon was never pointed at him until he drew his own pistol and pointed it at the defendant.

Zero mention of a DA holding his head in his hands at that admission.

What the truck is going on with reporting!? We are screwed as a country if this is what everything is coming down too.

jinjuku

jinjuku

"I didn't do anything wrong, I was just protecting myself" when he should have stayed away don't work
Based on the prosecutions own witnesses I believe the affirmative self defense claims will hold up. This is the entire point behind a trial is to get at the most objective facts that can be had.

The other issue is the premeditation that the DA decided to charge with. This should have been 2nd/3rd or manslaughter. The burden of proof is lower.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Fox News has built an Empire out of false and misleading entertainment advertised as "news". Interesting how this is now a thing when a white kid takes a gun designed specifically for mass murder looking for trouble by being somewhere he has no business being into the public of angry black people and shoots someone with it.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Fox News has built an Empire out of false and misleading entertainment advertised as "news". Interesting how this is now a thing when a white kid takes a gun designed specifically for mass murder looking for trouble by being somewhere he has no business being into the public of angry black people and shoots someone with it.
So since Fox News is a bad actor that's a license for everyone else?

I don't know if you want to go down this particular rabbit hole of bad actors. I mean they only set the Court House, Car dealerships, etc on fire.

If Rittenhouse had no business being there neither did Huber, Grosskruetz, Rossenbaum. Sauce that taste good on goose taste equally good on gander.

This wasn't a protest in Kenosha. The factual evidence is clear on this.

What I can't believe is the Kyles MOTHER dropped him off. Some awesome parenting going on there.

I'll have to ask this: So what if he had an AR-15? Guess what most likely happens if you are an unarmed person and you grab a cop's rifle? And the LEO would be 100% justified.

I don't buy the argument that just by being there someone was asking for it. No more than if a woman is dressed a certain way they were 'asking for it'. Now I'm a believer in minimizing the situations one voluntarily exposes themselves to.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
So a white kid with a gun that went deliberately straight into a hurricane of an angry black mob didn't happen?

jinjuku

jinjuku

So a white kid with a gun that went deliberately straight into a hurricane of an angry black mob didn't happen?
It sure did along with a bunch of other people. If your version of guilt is simply being present there in a middle of a full on riot then that's an awefully low bar that no one is going to talk you out of.

Kyle was a stupid effer, his parents are stupid effer's. That's plain as day. It doesn't make him a murderer. And it doesn't excuse the incredibly deceitful reporting when we can view the actual testimony for ourselves. Thank god for that.

I had a friend that owned several guns including an AK-47 when I was in my late teens. At a house party the idiot goes into the basement bump fires it into the wall. Bump firing is when you pull the trigger and use the recoil to actuate the trigger again to get a rapid fire effect.

I never spoke or had anything to do with him again.

I've got to ask: What is your point other than Kyle and his parents are idiots? Do you actually think his stupidity for being there actually takes away from him any affirmative defense he feels that his defense team can establish?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
In keeping with the intent of this thread, it is not lamented enough the death of journalistic integrity. I agree that there is far too much attempt… dare I say even blatant intention… to create a narrative in “reporting,” today.
It is getting worse.
I know if I stumble on a HuffPost article, I need to get out my salt cellar, no different than if I stumble on RealClearPolitics. But even on CNN, you can still find some honest journalism… along with a large amount of not-journalism.
Frankly, I see this as an extension of the growing idiocracy and the demise of our collective intellect. Everything now is available in a sound bite or YT video and being spoon fed to us by algorithms, all with the intent to keep us “entertained.”
I just had a conversation with this guy I know who brought up inflation and was solely blaming Biden even though this upward trend started in the previous administration. When I brought that up, he simply stated that he had “heard that,” yet wouldn’t be swayed to consider it because it was outside of the narrative he had accepted.
Gone are the days where a quote like WK Clifford’s from The Ethics of Belief had any meaning:
…it is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything on insufficient evidence.
It is ultimately sad to see the demise of rational and intelligent discourse from our collective whole. Traits like integrity, mutual respect, intelligence and the ability to think for oneself are denigrated at best, if not outright vilified.
I don’t think these are necessarily gone, yet to find sign of them, one has to dig under the surface because the façade has been remade into a disguise, and that disguise is slowly replacing what we used to be; taking over and becoming our nature.
Perhaps one hypothesis is that in the face of globalism, we are reverting to more base and tribal instincts.

I continue to hope for some semblance of unity and purpose to bring us back to a functioning whole rather than this disparate us-vs.-them mentality.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

I want to respond to this twice only because it just reminded me of the Nicholas Sandmann situation and it's striking that the media portrayed him like you are portraying this situation.

The parallel is interesting.

Sandmann was supposedly in a rowdy group of other angry people and was the one the created a confrontation.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
What I can't believe is the Kyles MOTHER dropped him off. Some awesome parenting going on there.
Small correction: Rittenhouse drove himself, his mom later drove him to the police station to turn himself in.

I've been seeing a lot of "Kyle's mother drove him ACROSS STATE LINES!!!1! - why isn't she in jail?'

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I want to respond to this twice only because it just reminded me of the Nicholas Sandmann situation and it's striking that the media portrayed him like you are portraying this situation.

The parallel is interesting.

Sandmann was supposedly in a rowdy group of other angry people and was the one the created a confrontation.
And now he is a rich young man.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Small correction: Rittenhouse drove himself, his mom later drove him to the police station to turn himself in.

I've been seeing a lot of "Kyle's mother drove him ACROSS STATE LINES!!!1! - why isn't she in jail?'
Thanks. I didn't know that. What I had initially heard is that his mother dropped him off at the riot like he was going to the mall.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I've got to ask: What is your point other than Kyle and his parents are idiots? Do you actually think his stupidity for being there actually takes away from him any affirmative defense he feels that his defense team can establish?
I asked the above question for two reasons:

1: I was hoping for a good faith response

2: I wanted to make a point that there is a certain attitude about 'damn the facts' and that we've potentially entered a period of witch burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis