E

enrique

Full Audioholic
and cant tell if crossover on the sub is disabled(set to max)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
So you are getting sound then? Just not loud enough? That's where a message should pop up asking you to adjust the gain or volume nob on your subwoofer. You haven't posted an image of that screen though.
Yes, I do have sound in the sw and yes, there was a screen with tha ajunstemt levels in the sw and I did that. I have posted some pictures with the volume of the SW and the receiver.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
if it works fine on sw2 but not sw1 then its the connection of sw1 whichh is probably bad faulty whatever

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
if it works fine on sw2 but not sw1 then its the connection of sw1…

Yes, I this there is a problem inside ath the connectors.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, I do have sound in the sw and yes, there was a screen with tha ajunstemt levels in the sw and I did that. I have posted some pictures with the volume of the SW and the receiver.

So it did have you adjust the volume? That's a start. Were you able to make the adjustment so the cursor was in the middle where it's green and finish running the setup? That rumble tone it uses for adjusting the volume on your sub isn't very loud at all. If you think it's just not loud enough there are a couple of possible explanations. Your expectations being one.

A properly dialed in subwoofer won't be blowing your windows out unless you're listening to material that demands it. I have some music that doesn't dig very deep and it can be difficult to tell the difference between my speakers by themselves and when the sub is engaged.

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
So it did have you adjust the volume? That's a start. Were you able to make the adjustment so the cursor was in the middle where it's green and finish running the setup? That rumble tone it uses for adjusting the volume on your sub isn't very loud at all. If you think it's just not loud enough there are a couple of possible explanations. Your expectations being one.

A properly dialed in subwoofer won't be blowing your windows out unless you're listening to material that demands it. I have some music that doesn't dig very deep and it can be difficult to tell the difference between my speakers by themselves and when the sub is engaged.
Yes, I did ajust the volume from the SW....and nothing ...still very very low. I wish that I could send you a video.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, I did ajust the volume from the SW....and nothing ...still very very low. I wish that I could send you a video.

Did it indicate level of the sub in dB? What was the loudest it showed for SW 1? Sw 2?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They are both at 0 and no2 is louder then No1.

There's no readout of the level in dB? On my three Audyssey equipped avrs (not your model, tho), all have an actual level expressed in dB on the screen....

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
There's no readout of the level in dB? On my three Audyssey equipped avrs (not your model, tho), all have an actual level expressed in dB on the screen....
When I test with the Audyssey with 2 SW, on sw1 I can bearly hear it and when I change to sw proper sound. They both at the same level

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
When I test with the Audyssey with 2 SW, on sw1 I can bearly hear it and when I change to sw proper sound. They both at the same level

That's not what I'm asking. On my Audyssey avrs the target for each sub setup is 75dB and the gain on the sub has to be adjusted accordingly with the dB changing on screen as you adjust it. Yours does not have this step? Does it only ask you if you can hear it?

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
That's not what I'm asking. On my Audyssey avrs the target for each sub setup is 75dB and the gain on the sub has to be adjusted accordingly with the dB changing on screen as you adjust it. Yours does not have this step? Does it only ask you if you can hear it?
Oh, I understand now. No, the mic can't hear the SW. I have that setup.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, I understand now. No, the mic can't hear the SW. I have that setup.

Okay, so nothing happens on this screen? What happens if you tell it you have two subs in setup, and will the mic "hear" the sub plugged into the SW2 port and allow you to adjust the dB level?

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
Okay, so nothing happens on this screen? What happens if you tell it you have two subs in setup, and will the mic "hear" the sub plugged into the SW2 port and allow you to adjust the dB level?
If the mic doesn't hear the SW it's telling me to skip the test. If I tell him that I select 2 sw, and it is plugged in the SW2...the mic hears the SW and I can't move forward because the first one in the primar one and it is not plugged in.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If the mic doesn't hear the SW it's telling me to skip the test. If I tell him that I select 2 sw, and it is plugged in the SW2...the mic hears the SW and I can't move forward because the first one in the primar one and it is not plugged in.

I suspected that could be the case if it can't hear sub 1, think I ran across that myself once in messing around with mine, but its been a while. If multiple resets aren't fixing this, could be the physical connection is broken or perhaps even a problem with the software/firmware.

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
I suspected that could be the case if it can't hear sub 1, think I ran across that myself once in messing around with mine, but its been a while. If multiple resets aren't fixing this, could be the physical connection is broken or perhaps even a problem with the software/firmware.
This was the 2nd time when I have reset it

C

comunicator2009

Junior Audioholic
They say sometimes doing several resets in a row, like at least three, can have a positive effect.
I will try that also. Thanks man and I will keep you posted.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis