Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
I'd wait till Yamaha sends the update via internet. Here's the thing, not that you'd mess up doing the update via USB, if something was to go wrong, say power goes out or something just crazy Yamaha will Not warranty your AVR if you brick it. Yamaha says on their website that if anything goes wrong when updating via USB they won't warrant. I bricked a Onkyo by doing update via USB, I was moving the remote accidentally hit the power button turning it off. Yeah turned it back on and had Error across the front display wouldn't do nothing it wouldn't respond to no commands anything. I got lucky, called into Onkyo's customer service and a tech took over remotely and finished the update. Just a word of caution.
My update took a day to show up by itself. I was worried at first but when it came I had a big smile ☺

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
Saw on another forum that people are starting to get replacement boards for they TSR700/v6A models. So we should expect the first HDMI 2.1 firmware update by end of month per the letter included with those boards. The gaming features are coming later (as we already knew)

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Don't waste money on REL. Very bad performance to cost ratio.

Seriously, WHY LIMIT YOURSELF?

Acoustics are what they are, you either work with them or they fight you. If you are going to spend money in this hobby, do it with the intention of getting the best performance. If you opt for aesthetics first, then why care about any of this?
If you have the desire to build a good quality rig, don't stop. Do it well, do it right. Approach your room with fresh eyes... AND EARS.

And for the love of all that's holy in Sound Reproduction, DO NOT PUT YOUR SUBS IN A CUBBY.

(We won't be friends if you do.) :p :D

:cool:
I may then cut the left side of my cabinet to get some space for a subwoofer. It’s the only place I can put a sub (or below my amp but then there will be obstacles to sound propagation). Was naively thinking the subwoofer would send most of the sound toward/through face. I can’t have exposed wires, my old dog would for sure get caught in it. The poor dog has a very bad mobility and hit everything.
Thank you for advices about placement and REL. Actually it’s harder to place a Sub as you need a power outlet not too far and to get some wire from the amp to the sub.
Edit: It seems that there are two families, subwoofers more home theater intended like SVS, that you will perceive as active and punchy, and more “integrated” and blended subs that add to the columns. I will for sure be more interested by the second family because I see the sub as something to improve music listening first. I totally get that a SVS PB3000 will provide a better theater feeling but I am already shaken by my speakers without any subs so I want a bit more but we’ll integrated.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I may then cut the left side of my cabinet to get some space for a subwoofer. It’s the only place I can put a sub (or below my amp but then there will be obstacles to sound propagation). Was naively thinking the subwoofer would send most of the sound toward/through face. I can’t have exposed wires, my old dog would for sure get caught in it. The poor dog has a very bad mobility and hit everything.
Thank you for advices about placement and REL. Actually it’s harder to place a Sub as you need a power outlet not too far and to get some wire from the amp to the sub.
There are still ways to get around the limits you are creating.
I get it, and I'm not trying to tell you to throw your homey room to the wolves. But they can coexist: Homey and Acoustics.
You can hide the wiring... yes it takes effort, but the reward is well worth it.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
There are still ways to get around the limits you are creating.
I get it, and I'm not trying to tell you to throw your homey room to the wolves. But they can coexist: Homey and Acoustics.
You can hide the wiring... yes it takes effort, but the reward is well worth it.
The only way I can hide the wire is under the hard floor in a straight line from behind the tv to the couch:)
That’s the issue with this room. No wires can go in the walls nor the ceiling. Can’t get too close from the wood stove. Constraints everywhere. I have watched the video about crawling placement. Smart way to find good place… when you have multiple options. I will take time to think about the two challenges: subwoofer and ceiling speakers.
Maybe using my trap under couch

Attachments

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
Saw on another forum that people are starting to get replacement boards for they TSR700/A6A models. So we should expect the first HDMI 2.1 firmware update by end of month per the letter included with those boards. The gaming features are coming later (as we already knew)
It’s not A6A that needs board replacement, it’s V6A.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I've noticed that you have warned against the USB method a couple of times. I went and tried to find where it states that the warranty is voided. The only thing I can find is this...
View attachment 51584
Can you please share with us where you are seeing this?
If I remember right, when I clicked to down load the update a statement popped up and I had to check off a lil box of agreement. Unless Yamaha done away with that. I should've mentioned it was when I had my a1080.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Extra bass I understand. Enhance is that the same? I don't think so
This,
IMG_20211118_013544891_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20211118_014253659_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20211118_014529655_HDR~2.jpg

Guys, when your in (Option) on you OSD, and what ever is highlighted just click that (?) On your remote, it'll pull up info with more detailed info.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Edit: It seems that there are two families, subwoofers more home theater intended like SVS, that you will perceive as active and punchy, and more “integrated” and blended subs that add to the columns. I will for sure be more interested by the second family because I see the sub as something to improve music listening first. I totally get that a SVS PB3000 will provide a better theater feeling but I am already shaken by my speakers without any subs so I want a bit more but we’ll integrated.
I run my speaker cables alone the baseboards. You could hide them with something.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Nothing to do with the Sub, or specific to HBO. This POP comes from random speakers and never from the sub. It can come from any of the LCR, Surrounds or Heights and from only 1 speaker at any one time it pops.
I think that I have tried all of the hdmi settings in the setup but none seem to help. I have also tried with nothing connected to the A8A besides the TV. The apps are all from the Sony TV.
I had a RX-A1080 that would do that, when I would change channels with my TV remote. I did a reset on my TV and AVR and it never did it again. Now my youngest son, had that issue with his RX-A1080 it would make a very loud Pop. Like just what ever it was set on. It was reported that some of the units had a bad power transistor at the rail. I was visiting one day it did it when I was there. We talked about it, he had like 10 days left to send it back in for exchange or refund he send it back for a refund and got another with Crutchfield only cause to they have a 60 free return. That's why I pretty much leave any new audio gear on 24/7 for the first 30 day's just in case something creeps up.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Anyone use amazon music HD? I think you get the best quality when streaming from the music cast app. There is now Atmos music but I don't think it comes through yet. Anyone playing around with that?

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Just checked, amazon Canada is getting the a8a in the new year now. So glad I pre ordered mine and got it

C

chapp

Audioholic
I had a RX-A1080 that would do that, when I would change channels with my TV remote. I did a reset on my TV and AVR and it never did it again. Now my youngest son, had that issue with his RX-A1080 it would make a very loud Pop. Like just what ever it was set on. It was reported that some of the units had a bad power transistor at the rail. I was visiting one day it did it when I was there. We talked about it, he had like 10 days left to send it back in for exchange or refund he send it back for a refund and got another with Crutchfield only cause to they have a 60 free return. That's why I pretty much leave any new audio gear on 24/7 for the first 30 day's just in case something creeps up.
I had tried the resetting method a few times at first, but it did not do anything. I am now at the point of "disgust" because I have tried so many things to solve it and to convince myself to keep this A8A. It is so difficult to get my hands on another unit and this is why I am asking around if anyone else has experienced this with their unit. I will keep on trying different things (if I can come up with any) until the near end of the
return window and hoping that I can receive my other back ordered unit prior to returning this one.

regards.

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
Thanks. I will try to use it. It would be nice to know when or when not to use it.
Enhancer. I am using it all the time. Sounds better with than without. Not know about HiRes though. Could not hear any improvement. I will read the manual.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis