Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah I agree that is encouraging. Nice to know, I have the RX-A4A coming in.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
As long as the supplies can keep up, I am sure they will all be selling like hotcakes.
Hundreds of owners of faulty AVRs from last year returned those machines as they were disappointed by HDMI 2.1 fiasco cooked by two companies.
It might get better, as soon as ports and features work reliably and PROPERLY. That's all to it. There is no evidence that supply shortages make people crazy about faulty or not fully functional products.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Is there anything "blatantly dumb" in thinking that new Denon lower tier AVRs will be selling like hot cakes for the holiday season and beyond?
In case you didnt realize, Yamaha has been the biggest seller of AVRs compared to the others so no.. Denon wont "demolish" Yamaha. If anything it will gain some ground on Yamaha. The word demolish remains dumb in your context. Its also nieve to think that Yamaha will remain complacent as Denon gains ground. Yamaha realizes it f?cked up and they will take action. But then again Denon f?cked up as well on the HDMI.

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
In case you didnt realize, Yamaha has been the biggest seller of AVRs compared to the others so no.. Denon wont "demolish" Yamaha. If anything it will gain some ground on Yamaha. The word demolish remains dumb in your context. Its also nieve to think that Yamaha will remain complacent as Denon gains ground. Yamaha realizes it f?cked up and they will take action.
Would you, kindly, present some numbers or give us a link to sales figures of various AVR manufacturers so that we could actually see who is selling, how many units and what are the profit margins? Only then we could compare properly.

Don't get me wrong. I am actually a Yamaha fan and have owned their products for years. However, 2020-2021 saga with 'DisAventage' line-up, faulty boards and semi-functional gear without proper firmware should definitely be a big lesson for them, other vendors and consumers alike. Something to reflect upon seriously in order to finally change broken business model of selling half-baked, untested and uncertified products to people.

They literary sell machines with non-existing main features on HDMI 2.1 side, features that are still heavily marketed, despite not being there in reality. No one knows when those features would be arriving finally and how reliably it would work. That's absurd. You could add blatantly absurd. They will continue to do this as long as there are enough consumers willing to buy such products and not expecting more QC from vendors in timely fashion.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I got the RX-A4A coming in!! :D Thanks to my Awesome Dealer, @AcuDefTechGuy! Guy's anyone needing gear, be it Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, speakers I highly recommend using @AcuDefTechGuy! He got a lot of nice toys!!
16352441448798977986621576938453~3.jpg

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Would you, kindly, present some numbers or give us a link to sales figures of various AVR manufacturers so that we could actually see who is selling, how many units and what are the profit margins? Only then we could compare properly.

Don't get me wrong. I am actually a Yamaha fan and have owned their products for years. However, 2020-2021 saga with 'DisAventage' line-up, faulty boards and semi-functional gear without proper firmware should definitely be a big lesson for them, other vendors and consumers alike. Something to reflect upon seriously in order to finally change broken business model of selling half-baked, untested and uncertified products to people.

They literary sell machines with non-existing main features on HDMI 2.1 side, features that are still heavily marketed, despite not being there in reality. No one knows when those features would be arriving finally and how reliably it would work. That's absurd. You could add blatantly absurd. They will continue to do this as long as there are enough consumers willing to buy such products and not expecting more QC from vendors in timely fashion.
I agree here that Yamaha messed up but unlike Denon offered a real fix by offering up a board swap. You keep forgetting that Denon also suffered from the same ailments as well. I put some of the blame on Yamaha's QC which was best in the industry prior to COVID. COVID messed it up for everything.

I don't game so these HDMI issues would have been a moot point for me personally. I also think that 8K at this point is a serious waste of time and money. They been talking about 8K for the last 2 years and I have yet to see an 8K release on media or a player that can play 8K. Maybe COVID is to blame for this too.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Looking at that pic, it would appear that the A series is front end heavy not that it matters. Just something to be aware of when moving it into your rack. Congrats.!!!!
Thanks Bro! Andrew texted me last week, said that his distributor finally got some in. So he ordered one for me.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
I agree here that Yamaha messed up but unlike Denon offered a real fix by offering up a board swap. You keep forgetting that Denon also suffered from the same ailments as well. I put some of the blame on Yamaha's QC which was best in the industry prior to COVID. COVID messed it up for everything.
Board swap was formally offered in May this year and it still has not started. In Denon's case, it took them 6 months to develop the adapter box solution for affected models. Covid is not to blame for faulty HDMI board design by either company. Their new AVR designs were ready before the Covid crisis. Yamaha showcased them at CES 2020, in January. They simply did not test devices internally with any sources.
I don't game so these HDMI issues would have been a moot point for me personally. I also think that 8K at this point is a serious waste of time and money. They been talking about 8K for the last 2 years and I have yet to see an 8K release on media or a player that can play 8K. Maybe COVID is to blame for this too.
Neither do I, but it does not matter if issues affect you and me personally. If they sell advanced electronics gear, they must make sure that it's properly tested before reaching the market. 8K is non-existent, true. Similar bandwidth will be needed for 4K/120 TV sport broadcasts once offered with HDMI dongles.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Called my local retailer, delivery is postponed to mid November now... From what he said, Quebec is one major Canadian Yamaha seller so they should be delivered in priority. But still, it's now mid November...

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
New firmware 1.22

Can't spot what is different yet.
On Yamaha website latest firmware is still from August so Yamaha is deploying new firmware but not releasing any patch note on their "Download" section ?

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
On Yamaha website latest firmware is still from August so Yamaha is deploying new firmware but not releasing any patch note on their "Download" section ?
Usually takes a couple of weeks before they update it on the Downloads page. Dunno why.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
For lucky A4a / A6A / A8A early receiver receivers (badum tish), feel free to share your first impressions... ;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Sweeet! Just in time, should have my A4A by Monday or Tuesday! @AcuDefTechGuy just sent me a update they just shipped my A4A to him this morning!!:D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, Yamaha usually sends them in batches. Like East Coast, than Central and so on

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis