Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well well can’t say I didn’t know you where someone other than what you Represented, I just took a look see at the link you just posted up on your post on this thread. You got me! Still, I would Never by those small bookshelve speakers you where Recommending me to buy. The Impression Elites Towers are Worth every penny I spent on them. My fault for not checking my Manual EQ settings. Now as for your link. Personally? Since you posted up the link on this Thread. Really doesn’t make any sense for now I know to Block You! I still say You can take the Hooker out the bar, but you can’t make a Woman out of a Whore!! Cheers! Your kind of a joke in my book. Glad I could console you on the someone that passed away if that was true at all? Yes you do need help. You just Expose who you really are fake profile. Your profile will be reported to Gene or a Moderator.

Mike
Mike, it sounds like my post offended you. For that I am so sorry. Just seen that brand of pizza at Walmart and thought of you. Glad that you like your RBH speakers. BTW, my Stepdad really did pass away. Profile is fake? It has been the same way since I joined this site many years ago. Sorry you feel the way you do. Once again I am truly sorry for my post. It was just meant to be funny. That is the truth Mike. I am a bit shocked that it upset you that much.

Phil

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
No need to set max volume, I was trying to get to a “my” Reference setting. I just forgot to bring all the Gains down. When I did go into settings for EQ, and saw where they where set for my cheap Polk M70’s I was like :(. That’s a high gain +4.0 @ 16.0dB. Plus I had Tone Control set to +3.5 for Treble. Cheap Polk M70’s can handle that at -15 to -8dB @ Volume. Guess my Shiny new piano black Elites couldn’t. So with that said the Distortion isn’t bad at -18 and backup. I’ll live with that till I can replace the drivers @ my Expense. Sh...t happens man just forgot to go back into Manual EQ settings. That was a very HOT topend I was running on them Elites. Ouch! Burning drivers can be fun ya know! Didn’t smoke them, just Scorched voice coils! Lolo.

Mike
@TechHDS

Mike,

I wasn't entirely joking. As a matter of fact, Hemp Acoustics was a loudspeaker manufacturer that was based in a Montreal suburb. Solen was one of the dealers selling their products. The company no longer exists. I don't know what happened to it, maybe the owners smoked too much? :D:D

You can find on the web several sites referring to their products. :)

TechHDS

Audioholic General
@TechHDS

Mike,

I wasn't entirely joking. As a matter of fact, Hemp Acoustics was a loudspeaker manufacturer that was based in a Montreal suburb. Solen was one of the dealers selling their products. The company no longer exists. I don't know what happened to it, maybe the owners smoked too much? :D:D

You can find on the web several sites referring to their products. :)
Dam! Went over my head man! No I wasn’t high! Lol . Can’t say I didn’t think of weed, marijuana or a Doobie. Lol when I saw “hemp”. I dropped the ball by Not Fully checking my system before I fired it up. I was so Excited to have everything all hooked up and running again.
Anyways, ADTG text me back with a good price on all four of the mid drivers and the two tweeters, RBH is shipping them out Pretty much at cost with shipping so they don’t lose out Completely. I wasn’t about to ship my Towers back, and give some BS line of why I wasn’t Satisfied. Overdriving those towers at what the Manual EQ was set at. Oh also I over looked the fact that those sittings where for a 8 Ohm speaker, on Steve’s findings the Impression elite towers are closer to a 4 Ohms rated speaker. Now with that said, my XPA 5 is rated @200 x 5 @ 8 Ohms rated. RBH has them rated @ 6 Ohm, so at the Volume level I had them at -8dbs with the Gains all jacked up I Probably Who who knows? threw close to or over 350 watts maybe even Closer to 500 Watts, Emotiva XPA-5 has some big balls. RBH rated 50 to 250 watts on those Elites. So yeah totally my fault for been PowerGreedy with out checking ALL of My Settings! I Hate that.

Mike

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
if that was true at all?
Mike, it sounds like my post offended you. For that I am so sorry. Just seen that brand of pizza at Walmart and thought of you. Glad that you like your RBH speakers. BTW, my Stepdad really did pass away. Profile is fake? It has been the same way since I joined this site many years ago. Sorry you feel the way you do. Once again I am truly sorry for my post. It was just meant to be funny. That is the truth Mike. I am a bit shocked that it upset you that much.

Phil
I always knew there was something sketchy about you. :D

Back in the old days, we could have had a Chiclet war! :eek:

EDIT: Seriously, Phil's okay ... and real.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I always knew there was something sketchy about you. :D

Back in the old days, we could have had a Chiclet war! :eek:
What are you implying here? I am trying to figure out what I did to really upset Mike so much. It looks like it was bad timing as I was not aware of his speaker troubles. Honestly, not exactly sure what you are implying here either? I have never been nothing other than myself.

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
What are you implying here? I am trying to figure out what I did to really upset Mike so much. It looks like it was bad timing as I was not aware of his speaker troubles. Honestly, not exactly sure what you are implying here either? I have never been nothing other than myself.

Cheers,

Phil
See the edit above. I'm just f^%&ing with you. I don't know what you did either. I'm guessing Mike is drunk.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I deleted my post that had the link. Sorry to Mike for it being offensive to him and for anyone else here. It was just meant to be funny. Apparently it wasn't. It won't happen again.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
See the edit above. I'm just f^%&ing with you. I don't know what you did either. I'm guessing Mike is drunk.
It is okay. I am just trying to understand what I did. The last thing I ever want to do is offend anyone on here, as well as, here at home. I am never too good to apologize when I am in the wrong. That is how I was reared.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Im not understanding what happened either. Did I miss something? I thought we were talking about pizza?

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
We need a tension breaker so ill throw one out there...

One day my tv died and would not turn on. I was sad. It was out of warranty. So i go to the tv store and buy a new one when i didn't really have the money for it. Bring it home. Take the old one off the wall. Open the box. Put the new one on the wall. Put batteries in the new remote. Press power.....

New tv does NOT come on...

Confused. Press power button again... nothing...

Turned out to be a blown circuit breaker. The old tv was fine the whole damn time. :(

Sht happens. It sucks. No need to take it out on pizza tho. Pizza is our friend. Hopefully nobody reads this til morning. I think some of us need a good nights sleep.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Ummm who’s pizza? New member? I know what I said and why I posted that. if not? Than it is what it is.
Mr. Mike. I'm so sorry about what is going on. This is not good. Ya'll need to be friends, not rant at each other and be extremely hateful. Yes, Mr. Phil @speakerman39 's post was critical, but not in a way that was intended to infuriate you. You know I'm your friend, right? And I only want the absolute best for you and your friends alike. It breaks my heart to see people infuriated at each other. Cool off, sir. Forget about it all. Get you a drink and chill. It is hard to do that when someone has made you angry, but remember we're on your side. I give my greatest blessings out to you. I'm not being @gene or one of the mods at all, just saying that I'm your friend and I want the absolute best for ya'll. That's what friends are for. Leaning on when you're in pain or just need someone to talk to.
Have a good night,
Ryan

TechHDS

Audioholic General
But, most of the time, that kind of replacement costs less than when a speaker cracks for one reason or another, as it was not specifically designed to crack with time like a car radiator. :D
Man your sense of Humor pretty damn good! Lmao! Verdinut, got it! You believe they could have At least put a warning in the box uhu? :eek: Makes me wonder if anymore of those High- End over/under Marketing price :eek: should come with a Lollipop. :cool: Maybe, just maybe my system back in the mid 90’s was the best? I had that system setup right. Bob Carver amp, Vega speakers and a BBE maximizer. :). Can’t stop a Train is what I called that setup. ;). Maybe this HT crap isn’t for me. Music first has and always be my 1st. For me nothing beats a 18” driver in a box the size of your Refrigerator door. Pow in your face Concert loud! :cool:

Mike

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General

Cheers,

Phil
Phil, you did nothing wrong, when something in my life doesn’t go as planned I can get Pissy. It’s one of my Character defects. F...in up a really nice pair of Entry level audiophile Speakers isn’t a very good feeling. Top of the morning Phil.

Mike

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, you did nothing wrong, when something in my life doesn’t go as planned I can get Pissy. It’s one of my Character defects. F...in up a really nice pair of Entry level audiophile Speakers isn’t a very good feeling. Top of the morning Phil.

Mike
It is okay Mike. All joking aside the timing was really bad. Making a silly joke like that when you are having trouble with your RBH towers is not a good idea. Had I known that before hand, I would have never even mentioned it. Been busy the last few days or so and have not followed this forum as well as I normally do. Otherwise, I would have read about your speaker issues and attempted to be consoling.

One thing I have respected about you on this forum is your sense of humor. However, the RBH tower issues did put a lot of stress on you. For that, I once again apologize for my petty joke. It was not needed during such a stressful event. All I can say is that I am truly sorry Mike.

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Nothing Sketchy about me. I could care less what you think of me.
I meant Phil is sketchy (as a joke). And I thought I could get away with being familiar with him because of our long history. We've spoken on the phone a time or two in the past and I bought used gear from him at least three different times. My sense is that he loves Jesus first and subwoofers second.

Are you calling me names? :eek:

Serious Note: In the last 10 years or so I have yet to see Phil post anything less than that which would befit a gentleman.

The same cannot be said for myself. Pardon me for my part. Adios.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just read this post. Read my post before this one. No RBH speakers Surely are Not a lowend Marketing slogan. The “pizza” thing isn’t a slice of pie that RBH is known for Either. Did my Research, went back and read up all the why back to how RBH got started in the Audio industry. I really dropped the ball by Not making sure of All my setting where set right. and running up my system the way I like it. My Elite Towers are a very fine speaker. I will say this They are a much better sounding speaker than the pair I had LSi- 15’s. Top end on the LSi-15’s was a very sweet speaker. “Polk” sound. The lowend wasn’t good at all. Little Bloated and muddy sounding. The Elite Towers are a really Nice high -end Taste of a True Entry level audiophile speaker. Now back to my fact finding of how I f..up them speakers. When I first set up everything I only did a short run threw of everything. Played a few CD’s music didn’t put a Blu-ray movie in my player. I played a few songs at -25 took it up to -15 only for a very short time cause I knew hadn’t full checked all my setting yet. Stopped left my home to go run pay bills. Went out that night to my Local hang out. Came back home turned my system back on Listen to a few songs watch some TV. So what I’m saying here Phil, everything was set up for them cheap Polk M70’s. All of my gains where jacked up in my Manual EQ settings. Plus Tone Controls where jacked up. Plus I had Yamaha’s YPAO set for those cheap Polk M70’s. Enhancer was set to on. Subwoofer trim was jacked up to +4.5dB Extra Bass was on input Trim was boosted up pass to plus +4. Those settings where like that causes of 1# Polk M70’s are a very lowend speaker. 2# some of those settings I use for Both music Listening in 2.1. and 5.1. The reasons I had those settings like that are well again when watch a movie play around with my setting because of the Shortcomings of 1# again speakers Polks M70’s aren’t high end 2# my room isn’t fully Treated with room treatments. and 3# Me for not going into my setup Menu from jump. system wasn’t set up for My Impression Elite Towers. I f...ked up by Not Properly setting everything. That’s like put a cat in a Cage with a Hungry pitbull. You throw 350 watts or more at any pair of speakers without fully check your settings You ask for a fire! I burned myself. So now you know why I’m pissed off. But no I can take you guys rubbing me on this. I have had things in my life far Worst than f..king upa pair of expensive speakers. Isn’t the first won’t be my last. Hell I blew out a 6K Engine in my 1980 Trans-AM by Redlining over “RPM” cause I was happy! Lolo! have a good one Phil. Sorry!

Mike
Mike no apology needed. I understand you being upset given the circumstances. Have been there myself many times. On any given day the pizza thing would have made for a good laugh. However, mentioning it when the situation you described up above was going on could easily set anyone off. I fully understand.

Just ask Peng, KEW, and/or TLS how many times I had to run and re-run Audyssey in order to get my subs dialed in correctly. Talking about stress--I can relate. In the end, however, I am very glad that you like your RBH towers and hope that you get things worked out very soon. Many of the guys here are very talented in this hobby. That is why I am still here. :)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I meant Phil is sketchy (as a joke). And I thought I could get away with being familiar with him because of our long history. We've spoken on the phone a time or two in the past and I bought used gear from him at least three different times. My sense is that he loves Jesus first and subwoofers second.

Are you calling me names? :eek:

Serious Note: In the last 10 years or so I have yet to see Phil post anything less than that which would befit a gentleman.

The same cannot be said for myself. Pardon me for my part. Adios.
Alex, you have most of it right. First is Jesus, then my music, and finally subs..........LOL!!!! :cool: I did not realize you bought from me (3) times, but my memory is not what it used to be. Appreciate your support. Been a long time since we last spoke. Hope all is well.:)

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Glad you are feeling a little better. I would be very upset as well if a new speaker got damaged.

I recently damaged a bookshelf speaker I had used as a center in my theater room not long ago but it was a 15 year old speaker. I actually have put in its place a 25 year old center of the same brand and have things working. I know I need to start saving up for a new matching front 3 though...

I would be more than a little upset if one of my brand new speakers in my other rooms got damaged.

Glad you are feeling a little better this morning. Hope it won’t cost too much to repair your new speakers and you can get up and running rather quickly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis