What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_1513.JPG

Due to the word "WAR" in the title my internet provider / cell phone maker decided it was protecting us from evil green monsters by placing this in my 'junk mail' folder!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja

This was recorded in Japan as were most of this groups other recordings. This comes on SACD and other formats but I find this artists recordings finely done, even with some of them dating back to the 70's.

Last edited:
WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
Been a pricey year, but damn does she sing... Compared it side by side on my Focals with a NAD and an Onkyo CD player, this is leaps and bounds better. I almost didn't want a CD player because I wasn't impressed with the music quality compared to some other formats; I need high fidelity! With her, I smiled when I hit play on the first CD.
Plus, I'm a deal monster. Reg $699 CDN, got it for $408 CDN brand new in box.

Marantz CD6006.

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai

This was recorded in Japan as were most of this groups other recordings. This comes on SACD and other formats but I find this artists recordings finely done, even with some of them dating back to the 70's.
another trip to the used CD store appears in order. I enjoyed this title.
the Blues to the East one I didn't take much of a fancy to.
But this one I enjoyed a great deal. simplicity and a great recording as well.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
another trip to the used CD store appears in order. I enjoyed this title.
the Blues to the East one I didn't take much of a fancy to.
But this one I enjoyed a great deal. simplicity and a great recording as well.
There's some collaborations that this artist leads to...bordering some older jazz/lounge standards that are well done/recorded.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Been a pricey year, but damn does she sing... Compared it side by side on my Focals with a NAD and an Onkyo CD player, this is leaps and bounds better. I almost didn't want a CD player because I wasn't impressed with the music quality compared to some other formats; I need high fidelity! With her, I smiled when I hit play on the first CD.
Plus, I'm a deal monster. Reg $699 CDN, got it for $408 CDN brand new in box.

Marantz CD6006.

I've got it's "little brother" the Marantz CD5004, your's has the added features of the front USB terminal, and a 'higher-quality' DAC (whatever that means)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Found these at my favorite KEF dealer, "lightly used" passive LS50's in one of three special edition color schemes (one now used for the LS50 Wireless), like new in box for $900.

The recently added NAD D3020 amp can power them just great. I can't even get to -20 on the volume without running for cover. Sorry for the crappy photo.

LS50_installed.JPG

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Found these at my favorite KEF dealer, "lightly used" passive LS50's in one of three special edition color schemes (one now used for the LS50 Wireless), like new in box for $900.

The recently added NAD D3020 amp can power them just great. I can't even get to -20 on the volume without running for cover. Sorry for the crappy photo.

View attachment 23596
Nice man! Lucky YOU. I am like so envious.....LOL!!!! :);):) I think it looks fine Ken. BTW, Acc4less will soon be selling the Q150's/Q350's, as well as, the rest of the 2017 Q-Series center and /or towers. I am salivating on getting me a set of the Q150's or the Q350's. The LS50's are also so very tempting. Hope all is well your way!

Cheers,

Phil

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks Phil! And I hope you're getting your physical issues worked out. Not being well sucks, bigtime.

Get well soon!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Phil! And I hope you're getting your physical issues worked out. Not being well sucks, bigtime.

Get well soon!
Thanks Ken. Working on it. Not sure what the next step is given I see a neurosurgeon. Kind of nervous to be honest with you. But hey, it is what it is. Enjoy your new toys! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
I've got it's "little brother" the Marantz CD5004, your's has the added features of the front USB terminal, and a 'higher-quality' DAC (whatever that means)
Nice. How do you like it? The front USB was a plus in case someone wants to plug their phone or iPod into it, or stream Tidal/Spotify through it. My Preamp doesn't have any convenient USB ports, so this is a nice bit of kit. Better quality DAC may be negligible, would have to ye ol' side by side. My Anthem has a top-end DAC so it might not matter, I will mess around with configurations.

I am waiting on a Fospower coax cable instead of the flimsy angel-hair spaghetti RCA's it came with. Only costed $11 CDN, I can't bring myself to buy monster or audioquest or any of that snake oil. Something with decent gauge conductors, shielding and insulation, good enough. Hell, I made my own speaker wire out of 12/2 SJOOW cable cause I had some laying around. Neatly bundles your wires (especially 12/4 for bi-wiring) into one clean black cord, good quality stranded copper, and tons of insulation.

How's yours hooked up?

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks Ken. Working on it. Not sure what the next step is given I see a neurosurgeon. Kind of nervous to be honest with you. But hey, it is what it is. Enjoy your new toys! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
I wish you all the best Phil. Health is a precious thing.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I wish you all the best Phil. Health is a precious thing.
Thanks Buck for your kind words. They really do go a long ways. No worries. Just a bit apprehensive if you will. It is most appreciated. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Things I fixed today, instead of buying new, Part 2:
Today I cleaned the crap out both my Dyson vacs (2 story house, too lazy to bring up/down) I mean rubber gloves on, deep cavity clean. Took the idea from here:
http://askannamoseley.com/2011/02/how-to-clean-your-dyson/
Hope that would fix dusty smell in the rooms after vac cleaning, which my better half is complaining about.

btw: Dyson DC65 owners - TIL that apparently it has not one, but two washable filters. Good luck finding the second one.

p.s.s: On stuff that I did buy recently - got the $75 lifetime Plex Pass email. Couldn't pass. These are fairly rare and sent out like lottery tickets, once in a while.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice. How do you like it? The front USB was a plus in case someone wants to plug their phone or iPod into it, or stream Tidal/Spotify through it. My Preamp doesn't have any convenient USB ports, so this is a nice bit of kit. Better quality DAC may be negligible, would have to ye ol' side by side. My Anthem has a top-end DAC so it might not matter, I will mess around with configurations.

I am waiting on a Fospower coax cable instead of the flimsy angel-hair spaghetti RCA's it came with. Only costed $11 CDN, I can't bring myself to buy monster or audioquest or any of that snake oil. Something with decent gauge conductors, shielding and insulation, good enough. Hell, I made my own speaker wire out of 12/2 SJOOW cable cause I had some laying around. Neatly bundles your wires (especially 12/4 for bi-wiring) into one clean black cord, good quality stranded copper, and tons of insulation.

How's yours hooked up?

www.Bluejeanscable.com <- All quality, no marketing BS fluff.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Sold my Integra dtr 7.8, My setup now is an Integra dtm 5.3, svs ultra books...and soon to be an rsl speedwoofer 10s. Cannot wait for the rsl to come in, should be mid week.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm picking up 15 of these at $5 each. That's a bargain compared to what you find on EBAY.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis