What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Not really a gamer, but just wanted to try on my 2 yr. android box. Long overdue:

iXCC 15 Feet Dual Shielded Gold-Plated RCA Male to RCA Male Stereo Audio Cable Connectors

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Oreck crapped the bed. Very disappointed in it since it was expensive and worked well for a few years (less than 5 years old).

Thought I'd finally try one of these

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Oreck crapped the bed. Very disappointed in it since it was expensive and worked well for a few years (less than 5 years old).

Is that the Animal? Or the Ball?

I've had the Ball for a few years now, and it is awesome! Well worth the cost, and better and more robust than my previous Hoover (that was well-rated by Consumer Reports).

Also, it is fairly easy to get the Dyson apart so you can give it a more thorough cleaning and clear clogs.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It's the Animal 2. I was looking at the Cinetic, but not having had experience with Dyson I thought I'd start a little cheaper.

That's good to hear. This carpet in the new house must be thicker than in my previous rentals because the Oreck kept clogging and even after I would unclog it it was still barely useable. Should arrive today, so here's hoping this is a good one and that Amazon Wharehouse hasn't led me astray.

Is that the Animal? Or the Ball?

I've had the Ball for a few years now, and it is awesome! Well worth the cost, and better and more robust than my previous Hoover (that was well-rated by Consumer Reports).

Also, it is fairly easy to get the Dyson apart so you can give it a more thorough cleaning and clear clogs.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Audioquest_Evergreen.jpg

Normally I don't, but when I went to pay for the NAD D3020 amp I'd had on test I had them add this cable. It's their cheapest at $35 and far more secure than the $3.54 one I'd bought from Walmart.

Certainly not 10x better sound quality, but at least 2x better security on the plugs. Oh well.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

I have one very similar to that one... It sucks!! Really well I might add :)

I found one of those (pic below) at the end of a drive near my buddy's place which means the people are giving it up. I picked it up and took it home with me. I turned it on and it made a god awful noise with the beater bar. I reassembled the beater bar and voila, it worked. I then tore it all part and cleaned everything there was to clean on it. Its not as powerful to the roller ball one but its still works well enough. I use it for my man cave. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Dang, nothing like free stuff! It's amazing how a little elbow grease can solve so many issues that people won't even bother with.

I found one of those (pic below) at the end of a drive near my buddy's place which means the people are giving it up. I picked it up and took it home with me. I turned it on and it made a god awful noise with the beater bar. I reassembled the beater bar and voila, it worked. I then tore it all part and cleaned everything there was to clean on it. Its not as powerful to the roller ball one but its still works well enough. I use it for my man cave. :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
20 month old fishtank filter started leaking uncontrollably after normal maintenance. Replaced it with one of these.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
SurgeX UPS. It's got some rack scars, but that's mostly because this thing is lie 80lbs. It's heavier than the APC S15 Battery Backup. It's also got a 30 amp plug as well as 20 amp and 30 amp outlets on the back. The thing is an absolute beast and it's perfect for handling the two huge multi-channel amps that are in the movie room. Well one is in there, the other is arriving soon. Now I just need to run a 30amp line to that media closet and I'll be good to go.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Nice! Do you have to run a 30 amp circuit to it with an L30 socket termination?

What does something like that typically cost? I'd like to get something 1/2 to 2/3rds that rating, just enough to keep my PC, modem, router, printer, little NAD amp and a my Kube 10b sub running for music in the event of an outage.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nice! Do you have to run a 30 amp circuit to it with an L30 socket termination?

What does something like that typically cost? I'd like to get something 1/2 to 2/3rds that rating, just enough to keep my PC, modem, router, printer, little NAD amp and a my Kube 10b sub running for music in the event of an outage.
Yup, I have to run a new 30 amp circuit for this. I got a heck of a deal on this. Brand new they're like $2500 from an authorized dealer. This was $500 from ebay.

If you're looking for something that isn't this overkill APC J15 is good for HT. It's a power conditioner and battery backup and there's also Cyberpower that is similar. Mostly I wanted this so I only have to run a single circuit to that closet. Without this, I'd have to run like 3 circuits over there.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Yup, I have to run a new 30 amp circuit for this. I got a heck of a deal on this. Brand new they're like $2500 from an authorized dealer. This was $500 from ebay.

If you're looking for something that isn't this overkill APC J15 is good for HT. It's a power conditioner and battery backup and there's also Cyberpower that is similar. Mostly I wanted this so I only have to run a single circuit to that closet. Without this, I'd have to run like 3 circuits over there.
Not HT that I need, just the home PC, associated peripherals and little 2.1 sound system on it that I'd want to protect from sudden power outage. I really just need enough time to shut it down while I go get the generator running.

I had an APC with a small lead-acid battery but so old now I know it's too small and not worth buying a new battery. One of the outlets stopped working anyhow. I'm better off getting something new, and safe. I just don't know which battery technology is best for a UPS these days and how big of a one I need.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Not HT that I need, just the home PC, associated peripherals and little 2.1 sound system on it that I'd want to protect from sudden power outage. I really just need enough time to shut it down while I go get the generator running.

I had an APC with a small lead-acid battery but so old now I know it's too small and not worth buying a new battery. One of the outlets stopped working anyhow. I'm better off getting something new, and safe. I just don't know which battery technology is best for a UPS these days and how big of a one I need.
I’ve been really happy with the Cyberpower UPS for my computer. Generally I size off of the power supply on the computer. I have an 800W power supply in my computer so I knew I wanted at least a 1000W battery backup to cover the PC and peripherals. Usually with everything powered up I’m only using about 1/3-1/5 of what the battery backup can deliver. Had the power go out a few times and it always provided more than enough time to finish what I was doing and shut down.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00429N19W/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_tai_..yGAb6JGMSJ9

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I have the original Ball and it still works after ~10 years. It probably needs to be cleaned...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis