Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Is this a Yamaha-bromance marketing? ;-)
Lol, what you been up to brother? Yeah, Andrew and I talk smack about Yammy's. The threads be kind of quietly lately. It's a lot more fun when Denon and Marantz fanboys come in and start smacking up us Yammy fanboys. One day when I become rich and famous I'll get me that Rotel 1580 AVR or one of those fancy pre-pros.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Lol, what you been up to brother? Yeah, Andrew and I talk smack about Yammy's. The threads be kind of quietly lately. It's a lot more fun when Denon and Marantz fanboys come in and start smacking up us Yammy fanboys. One day when I become rich and famous I'll get me that Rotel 1580 AVR or one of those fancy pre-pros.
But I bet the 1st things on your list would be a big house and luxury car. :D

Got that house yet? ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Is this a Yamaha-bromance marketing? ;-)
If I'm "Marketing", I might as well be marketing more expensive components like Bryston, DataSat, Storm Audio, KEF Blades, etc.

Speaking of marketing and brands, when I created my screen name (AcuDefTechGuy) many years ago here on AH, I had Acurus amps and preamps and DefTech in my system. Years later I became a "Dealer". By this time, I no longer owned any Acurus or DefTech. But now I am a "Dealer" for both Acurus and DefTech. :D

But no, no marketing here. Just chit-chatting, man.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If I'm "Marketing", I might as well be marketing more expensive components like Bryston, DataSat, Storm Audio, KEF Blades, etc.

Speaking of marketing and brands, when I created my screen name (AcuDefTechGuy) many years ago here on AH, I had Acurus amps and preamps and DefTech in my system. Years later I became a "Dealer". By this time, I no longer owned any Acurus or DefTech. But now I am a "Dealer" for both Acurus and DefTech. :D

But no, no marketing here. Just chit-chatting, man.
With the possible exception of Yamaha gear, I don't think I've ever seen you talk anything up that wasn't appropriate. ;)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
With the possible exception of Yamaha gear, I don't think I've ever seen you talk anything up that wasn't appropriate. ;)
Try a search on his posts before he got that Yamaha in 2016…. He was definitely a big Denon fan for many years. LOL :)

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Are there any industry insiders here to tell us what is being cooked behind the scenes at the moment? It's very quiet out there in the big world...

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Try a search on his posts before he got that Yamaha in 2016…. He was definitely a big Denon fan for many years. LOL :)
Lolo, you guys! Lol before Yamaha, I was a big Onkyo fan, Sony ES fan, Carver fan, EMO fan, NAD fan, H/K fan, Parasound fan, Pioneer fan, Marantz fan, Optimus fan, tube amp fan. Just buy Yamaha. ;) oh Kentwood fan, don't get me started on cars, trucks and motorcycles. 4 ex wife's, whole lot of girlfriends in between, man life is good!:D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I don't have any bones to pick about Denon or any other AVR. I came very close last year to owning my 1st Denon AVR came down to price, I wanted their 4700H. I want Rotels 1580 but again 5600 bucks :oops:

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I always got the feeling you were one.
You noticed that to huh, this thread has been cooled off for sometime.But as soon as any Yamaha fans post up anything about their new Aventage AVR, all of a sudden it gets hit with denay sayer's of, oh Yamaha sh&t this Yamaha crap that. Lol. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, I can promise you guys that before I bought the Yamaha CX-A5100 and MX-A5000, I was an absolute diehard Denon fanboy. I have owned SO MANY Denon AVR, AVP, Integrated Amps, CD Players and Universal Media players over the years (AVP-A1HDCI, AVR-5308CI, etc.).

The ONLY Yamaha’s I owned were the Stereo Mixers for Karaoke. And even then, for years I was looking to see if Denon made a Stereo Mixer like Yamaha so that I could switch from the Yamaha to Denon. But I never found any. :D

In fact, until I actually bought the CX-A5100, I was NOT even a dealer for Yamaha! I had no intentions of EVER buying a Yamaha. But after I bought the CX-A5100, I knew I had to become a dealer for Yamaha. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I do receive some information here and there, but vendors have really been tightlipped recently.
Post "4502, and no reply? okay I get it now! :D I hope you trip and fall into a Cactus today! Lol ;) you have a blessed day buddy!;)
Screenshot_20220714-064845~2.png

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I do receive some information here and there, but vendors have really been tightlipped recently.
On a more serious note, Hopefully they learned their lesson from their 2020 diabolical of releasing info Before selling half baked products.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Oh, I can promise you guys that before I bought the Yamaha CX-A5100 and MX-A5000, I was an absolute diehard Denon fanboy. I have owned SO MANY Denon AVR, AVP, Integrated Amps, CD Players and Universal Media players over the years (AVP-A1HDCI, AVR-5308CI, etc.).

The ONLY Yamaha’s I owned were the Stereo Mixers for Karaoke. And even then, for years I was looking to see if Denon made a Stereo Mixer like Yamaha so that I could switch from the Yamaha to Denon. But I never found any. :D

In fact, until I actually bought the CX-A5100, I was NOT even a dealer for Yamaha! I had no intentions of EVER buying a Yamaha. But after I bought the CX-A5100, I knew I had to become a dealer for Yamaha. :D
So your main reason for going with Yamaha is Karaoke? Yamaha stereo mixers? Who knew!! Umm, what's your thoughts on Rotels 1580 AV-RP?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Don't have time to go diggin' up other peoples skeletons... too busy burying my own bodies.
:oops: :eek: :p
Aww dude! You sure don't mind smacking up us Yamaha fans huh! ;) I found one post of Andrew and a Chicken farm he once had owned with his family. Pharmacist, Audio dealer, works at a Hospital 30 years, 15 Sub's in his home, once had a pet cow in his front yard. Dudes living the dream!:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So your main reason for going with Yamaha is Karaoke? Yamaha stereo mixers? Who knew!! Umm, what's your thoughts on Rotel 1580 AV-RP?
NO! Karaoke is NOT a factor at all. :D

The MAIN reason was MusicCast Music Streaming, WiFi Remote App, Free Shipping both ways Warranty Service, and being the biggest Audio Company in the World (serious deep pockets and total revenue).

Rotel 1580 AVR? It LOOKS GREAT aesthetically. If you won some big money, sure, I think the Rotel would be nice to own if you only need 7CH amp (9Ch processing, 7Ch amp). I think for $5,500, Rotel should have offered 9CH amps for ATMOS 5.2.4. Most people who can afford to pay $5500 for an AVR these day probably have a 7.2.4 ATMOS system or 7.2.6 ATMOS system, but at least 5.2.4.

And if people want to use separate amps anyway, then they might as well buy a Pre-Pro (AVP), instead of a $5,500 AVR. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis