Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Surprise! There are three fans inside the Yamaha RX-A8A! If you want to see the complete teardown, here is the video.

1638915657173.png

The first fan is above the processor. But where are the other two?

1638915691595.png

The other two are below the power transformer. Watch the video for complete teardown. It is not mine but I found it very interesting though I do not understand Korean.
Sweet!! I lifted the hood on my A4A, it's jam packed in there I couldn't get any good photos underneath the boards. As everyone that's researched the A4 and up there is one lil fan on top. I couldn't get any good photos from the sides.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Surprise! There are three fans inside the Yamaha RX-A8A! If you want to see the complete teardown, here is the video.

1638915657173.png

The first fan is above the processor. But where are the other two?

1638915691595.png

The other two are below the power transformer. Watch the video for complete teardown. It is not mine but I found it very interesting though I do not understand Korean.
Someone Please get a hold of Andrew!! AKA @AcuDefTechGuy ! So he can translate this for us!!;) One thing you gotta give the Japanese people they know the Samurai way! Them two lil dudes will beat the sh&t out of ya! :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
They are Korean.
True, but like us Americans we all related, so Korean, Vietnam, Laos, Japan, Chinese, Malaysia they all related about the same. All of us came from the African continent that's where the human race started. :D I know a little something about history you know. Plus Andrew very Smart! Anyone that has 15 subs gotta speak 15 different languages. ;)

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Please help, I am watching a Korean video where two men are dismantling an amp and I find it interesting. Is it serious mental illness doctor ?

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Please help, I am watching a Korean video where two men are dismantling an amp and I find it interesting. Is it serious mental illness doctor ?
Yes, it is. You are suffering from gargantuan obsession with tiny fans. Your therapy is this. 802,000 cured patients.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
@Majorusa , dude where you been? You been posting up some good post man!! AH, got older members they good don't get me wrong and some are very knowledgeable in this hobby. But to tell the truth, between You and Me. Some of them, No names, ;) getting a little lazy up in here. Keep that between Me and You ok.;) Last time someone mentioned something about a old timer slacking off on AH. I heard that dude went to get his new paper and a USB flash drive in a package was mailed to him. Said update your AVR, so he put that flash drive in his USB port. As soon as it started to update, words scrolled across his front display, saying sucker we got you!! Bricked his AVR..:D So just be careful some of these guys play hardball, instead of three strikes, they only give you two strikes and you out.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Hahaha! 5 year warranty was supposed to be an incentive for beta-testers. Ayayayay! :D
Umm, really between you and I, I sold off those two extra years of warranty.

Last edited:
A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
True, but like us Americans we all related, so Korean, Vietnam, Laos, Japan, Chinese, Malaysia they all related about the same. All of us came from the African continent that's where the human race started. :D I know a little something about history you know. Plus Andrew very Smart! Anyone that has 15 subs gotta speak 15 different languages. ;)
No, we did not come from the African continent. The earliest indicators of human civilization come from a large submerged landmass (continent perhaps) in the current location of the Indian ocean. This landmass possibly connected Australia, Madagascar and the southern tip of the Indian subcontinent. The aboriginal population of Australia have a history going back at least 40,000 years. When this landmass sunk, it is possible that the first human migrated to Australia, the Indian subcontinent and the island of Madagascar (subsequently into the continent of Africa).

I digress....back to this profound topic of HDMI sht not working on receivers.. lol

G

GTISteve

Enthusiast
I think it's easier to trace the origins of human civilization than it is to weed through the current chaos that is HDMI marketing versus reality.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Hahaha! 5 year warranty was supposed to be an incentive for beta-testers. Ayayayay! :D
You better jump on getting your RX-A8A! @3K best price value on the market. Yamaha runs their Adventage line for 10 years. What do you believe the price will be in ten years on the RX-A8A. Your supposed to be good with numbers do the math. Factor in inflation X 10. No brainer in my book. Plus you'll be covered for half a decade. Know what they say you snooze you lose. ;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
No, we did not come from the African continent. The earliest indicators of human civilization come from a large submerged landmass (continent perhaps) in the current location of the Indian ocean. This landmass possibly connected Australia, Madagascar and the southern tip of the Indian subcontinent. The aboriginal population of Australia have a history going back at least 40,000 years. When this landmass sunk, it is possible that the first human migrated to Australia, the Indian subcontinent and the island of Madagascar (subsequently into the continent of Africa).

I digress....back to this profound topic of HDMI sht not working on receivers.. lol
Your talking about the lost continent of Atlantis! Please tell me you know where it is, under the Pacific Ocean the Atlantic Ocean?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I think it's easier to trace the origins of human civilization than it is to weed through the current chaos that is HDMI marketing versus reality.
Speaking of (weed) you watch that series on HBO Weeds? :D was that main character chick a slut or what? ;) Finally! Someone has the balls to tell it like it is ..(Marketing) right there is the root cause.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis