Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Linus Tech channel bought a hdmi tester. It's like 40 000$ so I don't think the Denon test hardware can properly test the cables.
C'mon gents, let's zoom out. Give them benefit of a doubt for the idea. It's the first time this feature occured, so it needs time to perfect and mature in next iterations. We need to see things in wider context. It's a single feature that can and should improve. The board identifies FRL rate of signals from cables anyway. Yamaha can't get their entire HDMI board working properly and fully for almost two years, and here it's a single feature.

We are often too ready to jump into criticism before even thinking of praising idea in the first place. And the idea is great and it can be improved, so that everyone could easily check basic speed of cables. I am sure it will become better with time.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
C'mon gents, let's zoom out. Give them benefit of a doubt for the idea. It's the first time this feature occured, so it needs time to perfect and mature in next iterations. We need to see things in wider context. It's a single feature that can and should improve. The board identifies FRL rate of signals from cables anyway. Yamaha can't get their entire HDMI board working properly and fully for almost two years, and here it's a single feature.

We are often too ready to jump into criticism before even thinking of praising idea in the first place. And the idea is great and it can be improved, so that everyone could easily check basic speed of cables. I am sure it will become better with time.
I agree, they should've held up on 2.1. like you stated there is nothing out there source wise for 8K. What's out there now for 2.1 use 4K 120? PS5? XBox?

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic

The idea is GREAT. But I think it's sadly not a feature that can be implemented without a huge specific and expensive hardware. I wish that it becomes mature and standard in AVR... I wasn't b...ing Denon at all for having tried this.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
What's out there now for 2.1 use 4K 120? PS5? XBox?
SOURCESMIDDLE-MANDISPLAYS
- GPUs from Nvidia (48 Gbps) and AMD (40 Gbps)
- Intel's new GPUs in Q1 2022
- PS5 (32 Gbps)
- XboxX (40 Gbps)
- several laptops with Nvidia/AMD
- Intel NUC 12 (2022)
- Yamaha 2020 (24 Gbps)
- Yamaha 2021 (40 Gbps)
- Denon and Marantz (40 Gbps)
- Oknyo/Pioneer (24+40 Gbps)
- high-end AV processors - upgradable boards 40 Gbps
- 4K TVs - mostly 40 Gbps and LG 2019 with 48 Gbps
- 4K monitors - 24, 40 and 48 Gbps
- 4K projectors - probably full speed (to be checked with JVC)

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Thx for the response much appreciate it.
I see that the A6A that was on the rack behind him on his latest videos has gone missing. I guess he has done with it and returned it to Yamaha. Hopefully we see the review any time soon.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I see that the A6A that was on the rack behind him on his latest videos has gone missing. I guess he has done with it and returned it to Yamaha. Hopefully we see the review any time soon.:rolleyes:
Hopefully, there are other forums watching this thread waiting for Gene to drop his review findings.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Hopefully, there are other forums watching this thread waiting for Gene to drop his review findings.
I wonder if Gene is watching this thread anymore. It's getting a little ridiculous that he can't come onto a thread he created and give a more recent update.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder if Gene is watching this thread anymore. It's getting a little ridiculous that he can't come onto a thread he created and give a more recent update.
Gene and I had a inbox chat about the RX-A6A. Gene doesn't mind when he has time to spare which isn't much lately very busy man. It's coming he said, when I asked him about his findings. He was in the process of checking out the DSP modes if I remember right. That was a couple of weeks ago though and it was in the wee hours also.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
For the US people Best Buy is showing the A6A is available to order with shipping in 3-4 weeks.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'd never buy it before major in-depth review is out and HDMI 2.1 board works fully and reliably.
This!

I'm so surprised, still, at how eager everybody is especially after the disappointment of the 2020 releases.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
This! I'm so surprised, still, at how eager everybody is especially after the disappointment of the 2020 releases.
Any company should be banned by law from selling not fully functional products. A dangerous precedent is being set by some companies that promise future updates. Imagine Intel saying to people: "Hey folks, we have this CPU with 12 cores. It's great and fast. Buy it, but be aware that only 8 cores work out of the box. We will enable other 4 cores in a due course." It's silly what the AVR industry has been allowed to do.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Any company should be banned by law from selling not fully functional products. A dangerous precedent is being set by some companies that promise future updates. Imagine Intel saying to people: "Hey folks, we have this CPU with 12 cores. It's great and fast. Buy it, but be aware that only 8 cores work out of the box. We will enable other 4 cores in a due course." It's silly what the AVR industry has been allowed to do.
Agreed. Products should be fully baked when launched. I’m tired of manufacturers using customers as beta testers.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Agreed. Products should be fully baked when launched. I’m tired of manufacturers using customers as beta testers.
Yeah, Agree but with that said consumers wouldn't get any products. Anyone remember, the recall on takata airbags? That company went completely bankrupt people died, millions of cars had to be recalled to have their air bags replaced because they would deploy and shrapnel would fly out and kill people. AVR,s unless someone happens to get electrocuted from one don't see that happening anytime soon.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ha. This is what I’ve taken to calling Gamma Testing. And too many are eager to pay for the “privilege” of being guinea pigs. ;)

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Yeah, Agree but with that said consumers wouldn't get any products. Anyone remember, the recall on takata airbags? That company went completely bankrupt people died, millions of cars had to be recalled to have their air bags replaced because they would deploy and shrapnel would fly out and kill people. AVR,s unless some happens to get electrocuted from one don't see that happening anytime soon.
In that case, every machine with early release must be discounted if not fully baked, say $500, to give a clear signal that only fully functional devices will attract a full price.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
:(
Ha. This is what I’ve taken to calling Gamma Testing. And too many are eager to pay for the “privilege” of being guinea pigs. ;)
Ha, lol so are you! Now you done it Bubby! You've just been put on double secret probation!;) Just buy Yamaha.:D

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
:( Ha, lol so are you! Now you done it Bubby! You've just been put on double secret probation!;) Just buy Yamaha.:D
I have been observing closely events unravelling in 2020 and 2021 around AVRs. It's the biggest bonkers in a decade.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis