Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
First, you do have to have a 4K TV with 2.1 HDMI input, and a up to 48Gbps HDMI cable. I believe but I could be wrong, 2.0 input for umm 18Gbps with cable for 4K tv 60Gbps Hz. I don't game but I may get a PS5 down the road. My Son just picked one up today. 4K 120hz needs a HDMI 48Gbps Hz cable and 4K TV with 2.1 input that's 4K 120hz. I've actually seen it, it's pretty badass for gamers. it's all about more bandwidth. Maybe someone that's more technical then I can go into the details better than me.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
First, you do have to have a 4K TV with 2.1 HDMI input, and a up to 48Gbps HDMI cable. I believe but I could be wrong, 2.0 input for umm 18Gbps with cable for 4K tv 60Gbps Hz. I don't game but I may get a PS5 down the road. My Son just picked one up today. 4K 120hz needs a HDMI 48Gbps Hz cable and 4K TV with 2.1 input that's 4K 120hz. I've actually seen it, it's pretty badass for gamers. it's all about more bandwidth. Maybe someone that's more technical then I can go into the details better than me.
And on Samsung TV you have to setup your hdmi to support extended signal (QN90A owner here) in order to get 120Hz, VVR active.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
What is all the hub bub about with having HDMI 2.1? It seems it will be light years away to have any content. 4K content today, is sporadic and been 4 years in the making......lol.

The 2.1 HDMI is another sales gimmick for you buy AVR's and 8K tv's and game boxes. The industry has to come up with something to get the public to buy. Today, after 4 years, how much content is there in 4K?? How many years from now, will 2.1 content be available??? O' but the buzz now will be, you have to have an 8K TV, which the public will fall for. Then 2, it eventually 8K will be the only TV selling, after pricing becomes competitive.

What happened to the 3D? No Content, but a good sales gimmick??? People, knock yourselves out with HDMI 2.1, is my take. What's yours?

TheLamonster

TheLamonster

Audioholic Intern
What is all the hub bub about with having HDMI 2.1? It seems it will be light years away to have any content. 4K content today, is sporadic and been 4 years in the making......lol.

The 2.1 HDMI is another sales gimmick for you buy AVR's and 8K tv's and game boxes. The industry has to come up with something to get the public to buy. Today, after 4 years, how much content is there in 4K?? How many years from now, will 2.1 content be available??? O' but the buzz now will be, you have to have an 8K TV, which the public will fall for. Then 2, it eventually 8K will be the only TV selling, after pricing becomes competitive.

What happened to the 3D? No Content, but a good sales gimmick??? People, knock yourselves out with HDMI 2.1, is my take. What's yours?
Plenty of HDMI 2.1 features exist today on the Xbox Series X, for example, and it's okay that you're not a gamer but this post is pretty dismissive of everyone else who is eagerly looking forward to these features working on the 2021 Aventage AVRs.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I am also, first more a music listener (I won't use the word audiophile here, but it's because having experienced h end stereo music systems that I am ready to spend some money for good sound), second I am a gamer and... a game developer so it's both a tool to test and to develop, then I like to watch movies with my daughters, so having an amp that is doing well is what I need...

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
Someone informed me that new firmware is shown on Japanese website, and so it is.
A8A new firm 122.jpg

Though nothing to get excited about.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
7-1/2 weeks to meet the Autumn deadline of delivering on working HDMI 2.1.
Anybody here holding their breath? ;) I'd advise against it.

If the new Denons hit the market (Nov. 2021) fully operational, Yamaha is wearing pie.
Pie In Face GIFs | Tenor

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
7-1/2 weeks to meet the Autumn deadline of delivering on working HDMI 2.1.
Anybody here holding their breath? ;) I'd advise against it.

If the new Denons hit the market (Nov. 2021) fully operational, Yamaha is wearing pie.
Pie In Face GIFs | Tenor
Lmao! That's some funny sh$t bro! Lol

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Lmao! That's some funny sh$t bro! Lol
Thanks...

I want to be clear, though... I am not rooting for Yamaha to fail. Quite the opposite. Their continued failure hurts the industry overall, especially at a very challenging time, and we need these companies to stop shooting themselves in the foot and get working gear to market.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks...

I want to be clear, though... I am not rooting for Yamaha to fail. Quite the opposite. Their continued failure hurts the industry overall, especially at a very challenging time, and we need these companies to stop shooting themselves in the foot and get working gear to market.
Oh I know your not, I just thought the lil video is funny..lol Some of you guys on AH post up some very funny pic's and video's. But your absolutely correct, that 2.1 HDMI thing, the bad chip thing, Wow! Hit everyone hard, my son just got a PS5 today. Thing is his Sony OLED that he paid over 7k for plus his Yamaha RX-A1080 can't do 2.1. He got that tv in 2019 and his a1080 in 2020. My 4K tv can only do 4K 60 Hz. But I don't do gaming as of now. If I was a gamer, sure I'd be like where the hell is my 2.1 updates! Lol.

J

JNMNL52

Enthusiast
I would appreciate some assistance from any members familiar with the RX-A6A. Maybe @gene could weigh in. I am considering pre-ordering and reviewed the owner’s manual for a 5.2.4 set-up. I could not find a specific wiring diagram for the 5.2.4 configuration, which is troubling, and I am left hanging. Such an omission leads me to believe the A6A is not designed or well suited for this configuration. My speaker system is identical to the diagram on page 43. I will use my existing SBR/SBL speakers for rear presence re-configuring as RPR/RPL. My FPR/FPL, SR/SL, and SBR/SBL are all ceiling speakers. There is a wiring diagram for the 5.1.2 configuration on page 46. Do I assume the 5.2.4 wiring diagram is the same, with the speaker wires from my former SBR/SBL speakers connected to the rear presence terminals on the AVR? If so, this leaves the surround back terminals open and unconnected. In this case it would appear that I would lose functionality of the SBR/SBL speakers, being replaced by RPR/RPL. I am wondering if the sound signals from the SBR/SBL terminals get mixed into other channels or are they lost? I contacted Yamaha support and can't seem to get a straight answer - like " I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with the manual. Do you have any further questions for me?"

Any thoughts?

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Oh I know your not, I just thought the lil video is funny..lol Some of you guys on AH post up some very funny pic's and video's. But your absolutely correct, that 2.1 HDMI thing, the bad chip thing, Wow! Hit everyone hard, my son just got a PS5 today. Thing is his Sony OLED that he paid over 7k for plus his Yamaha RX-A1080 can't do 2.1. He got that tv in 2019 and his a1080 in 2020. My 4K tv can only do 4K 60 Hz. But I don't do gaming as of now. If I was a gamer, sure I'd be like where the hell is my 2.1 updates! Lol.
Only LG TVs had HDMI 2.1 ports in 2019. They were pioneering 48 Gbps ports with inhouse solution. Others were reliant on MediaTek SoC that did not develop proper HDMI 2.1 with all featuries until 2021.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
I have the LG C1 and will get the new halo limited edition Xbox series x. So yes, hdmi 2.1 will be important for me. That's one of the reasons why I got the C1 as it's the best gaming tv out there.

Hopefully Yamaha gets their hdmi 2.1 firmware out soon.

Yamaha Canada said that it will land in the Vancouver warehouse Nov 8 or 9th. So about 5 days there after to get out to the AV stores.

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
If anyone has tips on how to use the a8a low frequency mode let me know. I've copied the natural eq to the manual mode, then edited the subwoofer settings to match the lfm mode, however I don't think that is the 100% correct way to do it.

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
I had a few questions with Yamaha support about the Auro 3D and the 2.1 updates this is what I was told.

You're welcome. There's no specific release date for Auro 3D yet. I think that update will come after we've finished activating all of the HDMI 2.1 features. So certainly sometime next year

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You're welcome. There's no specific release date for Auro 3D yet. I think that update will come after we've finished activating all of the HDMI 2.1 features
I'm not even a Yamaha customer, but as a consumer, I find myself getting much more frustrated, disappointed; even angry! over this whole situation with Yamaha pushing stuff to market… AGAIN!… that is not fully functional.
Where I was finding myself beginning to consider them as a candidate for my next upgrade, I now find myself seething at their disregard.
For a company whose reputation in the audio world was pretty sparkly, this is wholly unacceptable. And people are still supporting it!!! “Oh, it’ll work, someday.” Or worse, through tacit acceptance of their seeming incompetence because, “I don’t even game so that functionality isn’t important.”

What we know is that the main technological upgrade to this generation of gear should be functioning out of the box. And then there are the hints that there are troubling measurements from Gene’s benching of the A6A.

Don’t worry. If SU c0cks up their next release, I’ll be right there with my pitchfork and torch chasing them out of town too!

:mad::mad::mad:

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not even a Yamaha customer, but as a consumer, I find myself getting much more frustrated, disappointed; even angry! over this whole situation with Yamaha pushing stuff to market… AGAIN!… that is not fully functional.
Where I was finding myself beginning to consider them as a candidate for my next upgrade, I now find myself seething at their disregard.
For a company whose reputation in the audio world was pretty sparkly, this is wholly unacceptable. And people are still supporting it!!! “Oh, it’ll work, someday.” Or worse, through tacit acceptance of their seeming incompetence because, “I don’t even game so that functionality isn’t important.”

What we know is that the main technological upgrade to this generation of gear should be functioning out of the box. And then there are the hints that there are troubling measurements from Gene’s benching of the A6A.

Don’t worry. If SU c0cks up their next release, I’ll be right there with my pitchfork and torch chasing them out of town too!

:mad::mad::mad:
Lol, but you get 5 years warranty! :p and once you get Yamaha, your family!:D just messing with you bro. But yeah, I get your point. Everything should be ready out the box. That would be like buying a washing machine and you can only wash the clothes on one setting and you got to wait for the updates. Lol

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis