Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Inflation in real time: the A6A MSRP is now ~$2,300, up $100 from last week. And the A8A is $3,300, up from $3,000. If you were thinking about buying one, some e-tailers still offer them at previous prices.
Yep! It is real, RX-A4A was $1299.00 when it first came out, now $1399.00. Some are selling the new Aventage line at higher prices. Denon even higher.

lc6

Junior Audioholic
Marantz's new workaround for a single HDMI 2.1 port -- an external "switcher" with IR repeater:
Marantz VS3003
Will Denon, Onkyo and other manufacturers follow with similar devices? I would also be a workaround for Yamaha RX-AxA if it had even one HDMI 2.1 capable port.

This seems to be a new strategy of AVR vendors: instead of updating the entire design (clearly, the 2020 models are already outdated), throw a new box with yet another remote control at the buyers. Milk the existing R&D investment for as long as possible by extending the product update cycle.

What they should be doing: instead of cramming up to 11 power-hungry class AB amplifiers with all sorts of "nannies" and fans and an ever more monstrous power transformer into an unwieldy tall and heavy chassis, use efficient and small class D power amp modules (similar to the ones used in the Audiophonics HPA-S400ET) supported by an efficient switching power supply with a decent battery of electrolytic caps. Before anyone starts dissing class D vs. AB, look at the actual measurements.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Does anybody know yet if SU/Masimo/D&M is actually taking another year off?
@gene @AcuDefTechGuy
Somebody, anybody?!!!!

For the love of talking monkeys, WTF is going on. If Anthem can get it right for fcuks sake, where are the rest of the players at?
After all, Yamaha is still struggling to catch up to last year. Sound United seems to just be improving on their fix from 2 years ago. Monolith done ghosted on the HTP-1 lately. Onkyo doesn't measure for sh!t.

Anthem for $7500 MSRP.
Fcuk the world.

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Inflation in real time: the A6A MSRP is now ~$2,300, up $100 from last week. And the A8A is $3,300, up from $3,000. If you were thinking about buying one, some e-tailers still offer them at previous prices.
It's doubtful that inflation is going to make those machines more desirable at original price, if at all. I am hearing in other fora in Europe that people are pretty upset due to further firmware delay and some are openly saying they decided to return their AVRs.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Marantz's new workaround for a single HDMI 2.1 port -- an external "switcher" with IR repeater:
Marantz VS3003
This switch is a compensation for originally bad design with one fast input port that had to be mitigated with the adapter box. It's only for 2020 models for those who need more than one input port (almost no one actually needs it). The existence of this device is an evidence of bad HDMI board design with rushed release in August 2020.
ll Denon, Onkyo and other manufacturers follow with similar devices? I would also be a workaround for Yamaha RX-AxA if it had even one HDMI 2.1 capable port.
This switch should work with any AVR. No need for Denon or others. They released new AVRs with three 40 Gbps ports. Yamaha 2021 models have all 40 Gbps that still do not work due to delayed firmware. No need for switch.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Anthem for $7500 MSRP.
Fcuk the world.
Are you talking about new AVM90? If so, I suppose they go bold with pricing because they claim AVM90 have 15.4 channels and the first ever HDMI board with all 48 Gbps ports. It might spin a few heads.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@gene @AcuDefTechGuy
Somebody, anybody?!!!!

For the love of talking monkeys, WTF is going on. If Anthem can get it right for fcuks sake, where are the rest of the players at?
After all, Yamaha is still struggling to catch up to last year. Sound United seems to just be improving on their fix from 2 years ago. Monolith done ghosted on the HTP-1 lately. Onkyo doesn't measure for sh!t.

Anthem for $7500 MSRP.
Fcuk the world.
I haven’t heard anything new.

The $7500 Anthem is made in Vietnam. I assume with most of the AVR players.

Are you referring to HDMI 2.1?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I haven’t heard anything new.

The $7500 Anthem is made in Vietnam. I assume with most of the AVR players.

Are you referring to HDMI 2.1?
I’m referring to what is happening with anybody.
Maybe it’s still early, but I want to know if Denon and Marantz are releasing 2022 machines, if Yamaha is releasing a working processor…

Im a bit grumpy today, forgive, but this stuff needs to come together!

Arrr, Mateys!
1649033362761.png

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe it’s still early, but I want to know if Denon and Marantz are releasing 2022 machines, if Yamaha is releasing a working processor…

Arrr, Mateys!
View attachment 55120
It's all good brother, believe me we do understand. Your good bro. If I had say, a PS5, or any other need for 2.1 sure I'd be upset. But as of now, no need for 2.1. But other's are in need of the 2.1 HDMI ports. Sure they have a valid reason to be upset. What? 6 + months and the 2.1 HDMI ports are still locked on the new Aventage line.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
@gene @AcuDefTechGuy
Somebody, anybody?!!!!

Anthem for $7500 MSRP.
Fcuk the world.
Can't say you didn't give solid advice 6 months ago you did.
With all the changes HDMI.com made plus one only knows what else may be dropped on us poor end users.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Speaking for myself, I got to admit, @ryanosaur I didn't take this 2.1 HDMI issue that serious when you where telling AH members to take heed and be cautious wait and hold up if possible for New AVR. Now looking back wish I had taken your warnings with more caution instead of jumping. Hopefully nothing crazy happens with my RX-A4A. I mean who knows what'll happen once Yamaha unlocks all this 2.1 ports.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It's all good brother, believe me we do understand. Your good bro. If I had say, a PS5, or any other need for 2.1 sure I'd be upset. But as of now, no need for 2.1. But other's are in need of the 2.1 HDMI ports. Sure they have a valid reason to be upset. What? 6 + months and the 2.1 HDMI ports are still locked on the new Aventage line.
It’s not just about 2.1.
It’s about moving forward!
Never hustle backwards. That is G 101.
The MoFos don't seem to get it. :p

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It’s not just about 2.1.
It’s about moving forward!
Never hustle backwards. That is G 101.
The MoFos don't seem to get it. :p
Lol, but your insight was, or should I say spot on! What? You gotta Crystal Ball or are you psychic or something, you pretty much nailed it bro.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Lol, but your insight was, or should I say spot on! What? You gotta Crystal Ball or are you psychic or something, you pretty much nailed it bro.
I'm a muthafkkin GENIUS.

Not like Kan't-ye... he's just a g's-@ss.

:p

No really... I'm clownin' hard right now. I get it. And I'm not serious about me being a genius. But how many times have we seen sh!t go pear shaped from Antenna-gate to Bend-gate, and that's just two Apple releases. How many other Tech products failed because they couldn't get stuff working right. It happens.

It's 2022. There is no excuse to not be able to release a working product right now. We are well past the Pinto on the product release cycle.
I know times are tough, but that is when real businesses buckle down and lead.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I'm a muthafkkin GENIUS.

Not like Kan't-ye... he's just a g's-@ss.

:p

No really... I'm clownin' hard right now. I get it. And I'm not serious about me being a genius. But how many times have we seen sh!t go pear shaped from Antenna-gate to Bend-gate, and that's just two Apple releases. How many other Tech products failed because they couldn't get stuff working right. It happens.

It's 2022. There is no excuse to not be able to release a working product right now. We are well past the Pinto on the product release cycle.
I know times are tough, but that is when real businesses buckle down and lead.
I've said it before I'll say it again, I like what you bring to game bro!:) We all know of past CEC, HDMI hand shake issues. Don't know of anyone in this hobby who hasn't experience One nightmare or another with this technology. But it's been out for years now. One would think All of the audio/video manufacturers of the gear we love much would've had all this worked out by now. We talking multibillion dollar industry some of the brightest minds behind these ideas come on man.

C

chapp

Audioholic
Fixes are not available as yet, but prices are going up. Something is definitely wrong with this logic and these companies are taking undue advantage of the consumer's plight.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Yep! It is real, RX-A4A was $1299.00 when it first came out, now $1399.00. Some are selling the new Aventage line at higher prices. Denon even higher.
I think in US you got quite a delay with the price increase. Here prices went up ~$250 no matter A4, A6 or A8 already in the beginning of Feb. I am happy this happened two weeks after I bought mine :cool:

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I think in US you got quite a delay with the price increase. Here prices went up ~$250 no matter A4, A6 or A8 already in the beginning of Feb. I am happy this happened two weeks after I bought mine :cool:
Yeah, even with the 2.1 still being locked on my A4A still glad I pickup it up 6 months ago.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

Arrr, Mateys!
View attachment 55120
Sometimes @M Code knows the likely overall plans of these companies. Or has an educated guess. If you search his posts I think he said no more annual releases of AVRs from Yamaha or Denon. Think possibly every 3 years? Can’t remember.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis