Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Got an email from Yamaha, the hdmi 2.1 firmware update is now delayed until May
@jakkedtide thanks bro for posting this! We now know Yamaha has been stringing all of us alone this whole time. Really didn't expect Yamaha would drop the ball on something like this. @ryanosaur you sir pretty much nailed it on the head months back, You did warn us to hold up.

Edited: I jumped on Yamaha's website, shot them an email. @jakkedtide about what day you got that email from Yamaha? This week? just asking, in my inquiry of their 2.1 delay.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Where you guys at? Not at work yet huh? I bet most of you guy's work for SU, or some other audio store as a salesman or owner of a audio store, that would explain why the post drop off after 5:00 p.m. everyday and don't pick up till about 9:00 a.m. in the morning.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Exactly! We are probably willing to sacrifice our lives to achieve sound nirvana!
I wouldn't mind that amp he picked up. I have no use for 11 channels, or any use for all those cable pin connectors, but can do 7 for sure. It's built like a tank..

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Got an email from Yamaha, the hdmi 2.1 firmware update is now delayed until May
Oh boy...
2.1 HDMI inputs but dam! I'd at least like to have one that freaking works just in case I wanted to buy a 8K.:mad:
We need those inputs for more mundane things than 8K... People need it for 4K/60 10-bit RGB image (20 Gbps) and 4K/120 10-bit RGB (40 Gbps). It's about bandwidth that is unlocked beyond 18 Gbps (HDMI 2.0b)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Oh boy...

We need those inputs for more mundane things than 8K... People need it for 4K/60 10-bit RGB image (20 Gbps) and 4K/120 10-bit RGB (40 Gbps). It's about bandwidth that is unlocked beyond 18 Gbps (HDMI 2.0b)
Yeah, we do, I just used 8K as an example. I'm gonna sell off my Yamaha RX-A4A and go back to umm Onkyo's or NAD or Rotel. I've spent a lot of money in this hobby over the 40+ years. Some of you guy's have spent a lot more than I have with higher end gear. It's getting to the point it's not worth spending this kind of money on this hobby anymore. AVR's don't last, after 10 year's you lucky to even get parts for speakers or replacement amps for powered subs after 3 years.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Calling All Yamaha Clones!! Shoot Yamaha a email about when they are going to unlock the 2.1 HDMI ports. And if the AH member who report this morning is accurate that Yamaha has suspended release of the update to unlock the 2.1 port's that we will file a class action lawsuit. I shot Yamaha a email this morning. It's time to stand up for your rights Yamaha clones!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@AVR Enthu , lol, I tried to get Andrew, with a April fool's joke today.I texted him on his cellphone, Told him about Yamaha, that I sent a email to them about when they where gonna unlock 2.1.Told Andrew, that they sent me a email back that they where never gonna unlock the port's and they also said. What you gonna do, sue us? and the email went on with good luck with that, suckers we got ya money!! Andrew didn't fall for it..lol. I not gonna sell off my RX-A4A..:D;)
I totally forgot it was April Fool's Day. But I still didn't fall for it. :D

lc6

Junior Audioholic
In a final attempt to debug the long audio delay issue, I disconnected HDMI and connected my Samsung TV's optical output to the A6A input. There is the same 15-second or so sound gap as over HDMI when starting to stream the next episode in a series or switching from a streaming app to an OTA channel on the TV, as well as a 2-second or so delay when switching between OTA channels.
Then I connected the same optical cable to the RX-V2095 receiver (over 24-years old!). No such delays whatsoever, and a clear indication on the front display when a Dolby Digital stream starts and stops. Clearly, "they do not make them like they used to"!
So the conclusion is that, after a two-week evaluation, the A6A has to go back to the store, which is very unfortunate given its size and weight. I strongly suspect that this audio delay and the HDMI 2.1 8k/4k@120 issues cannot be effectively resolved in firmware, so a board change will be required (as hinted to me by one Yamaha customer support rep).
But I will keep my fingers crossed and continue to monitor Yamaha's progress on the RX-A6A. Based on bench tests published on another website, Marantz SR7015 and Onkyo TX-RZ50 are not recommended, and, on a second try, Denon AVR-X4700H is but it has only one 8k-capable HDMI input.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
@jakkedtide thanks bro for posting this! We now know Yamaha has been stringing all of us alone this whole time. Really didn't expect Yamaha would drop the ball on something like this. @ryanosaur you sir pretty much nailed it on the head months back, You did warn us to hold up.

Edited: I jumped on Yamaha's website, shot them an email. @jakkedtide about what day you got that email from Yamaha? This week? just asking, in my inquiry of their 2.1 delay.
I emailed them and they called me instead of responding via email. It was yesterday, thurs March 31st.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yo, Mike!
Before you send the post with your screenshot, if you click it with mouse or finger, it should highlight the corners and you can resize it in your message window. ;)

Lets stop our friend AVR Enthu from having a litter of kittens every time you post one! :p

<3

(Of course, you could try to make it bigger, too! )
Lmao Laughing GIF - Lmao Laughing That70sSHow - Discover & Share GIFs |  That 70s show, Laugh, Jackie

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yo, Mike!
Before you send the post with your screenshot, if you click it with mouse or finger, it should highlight the corners and you can resize it in your message window. ;)

Lets stop our friend AVR Enthu from having a litter of kittens every time you post one! :p

<3

(Of course, you could try to make it bigger, too! )
Lmao Laughing GIF - Lmao Laughing That70sSHow - Discover & Share GIFs |  That 70s show, Laugh, Jackie
I'm trying to make it as small as I can, really am. I had a 10" tablet but returned it was to dam slow. Only had 2g of memory. I'm on line now gonna pickup a Samsung 10" table. Pogre tried to tell me I wasn't gonna be happy with the cheap Walmart tablet. I'm gonna head back to Walmart before 9 pm. They have a Samsung 10" on sale for $199.00.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
@clone1008 hey where's our leader of the Yamaha clones at?! Man it's bad bro! I tell ya! ;) Yamaha has now moved the 2.1 update to the end of May. We need you in here for a sit down with the other clones,! We gotta regroup can't make a move till we hear for our leader of the Yamaha Clone Nation. :D Hope you didn't get bushwhacked over on AVS and they holding you hostage.;)

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
@clone1008 hey where's our leader of the Yamaha clones at?! Man it's bad bro! I tell ya! ;) Yamaha has now moved the 2.1 update to the end of May. We need you in here for a sit down with the other clones,! We gotta regroup can't make a move till we hear for our leader of the Yamaha Clone Nation. :D Hope you didn't get bushwhacked over on AVS and they holding you hostage.;)
Just got in from a week in DC. Nothing like a 2 hour delayed flight to end a long week.

lc6

Junior Audioholic
Inflation in real time: the A6A MSRP is now ~$2,300, up $100 from last week. And the A8A is $3,300, up from $3,000. If you were thinking about buying one, some e-tailers still offer them at previous prices.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis