Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I may be a little older than you think. I used to use Pay Phones. ;)
I'm jacking man! Trying to get something going, it's been slow on AH. Can't joke around anymore geez man. So much condescending for some. Not you, but a few on AH. I could name a few,
Screenshot_20220331-073027~3.png

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Yeah!! I gotta Cool Dealer buddy too!! He has like five jobs speaks 10 different languages. You may know him, he hangs out on AH, goes by the name of @AcuDefTechGuy ..
I don't think this workaholic/linguist dealer that you speak of will give me a discount (because i can hear differences on dacs/preamps/amps and he can't :D )

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I don't think this workaholic/linguist dealer that you speak of will give me a discount (because i can hear differences on dacs/preamps/amps and he can't :D )
I know I can hear the difference between Denon and Yamaha for sure! One has a less full body sound and other has yumminess chocolately mids. To me? Denon has that Onkyo sound.:p Yamaha has that NAD sound.:)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yo Mike! You are funny man. I hope that a4a is treating you better these days. You'll should petition Yamaha to pay you for being beta testers on their new s@#t, lol
Just picking at you guys! Please don't get mad! @clone1008 the only one who gets me!:D, they did! I can't say now cause if * I did Yamaha would send one of these Ninja dudes to take me out!:oops:
Screenshot_20220331-173536~2.png

Last edited:
little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I think I made that handle after I listened to Jimi Hendrix's little wing. Don't hold it against me though, cause I mighta had just puffed a little sumpin sumpin. :p

Damn..some wings sound good right about now, lol

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I think I made that handle after I listened to Jimi Hendrix's little wing. Don't hold it against me though, cause I mighta had just puffed a little sumpin sumpin. :p

Damn..some wings sound good right about now, lol
The first time I ran across your profile, think I told you this years ago. As you know this isn't my original profile. 1st one got locked, the other's lost passwords and or closed email attached to it.But I ask you if you worked offshore cause I thought your profile photo was of a production platform offshore in the Gulf of Mexico.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Man, I sure glad you joined up on AH, ain't many of us left on AH like us who already know the truth in audio. Don't worry about upsetting some of the AH members. Here's a secret, I find this really gets under their skin, spec head's. Next time you happen to see one of them threads with all them 1's and 0's in one of their post. When you reply, from their post, move just one of them lil • and put this ♪ in it's place. Drives them crazy. Talk about they get really mad.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
The first time I ran across your profile, think I told you this years ago. As you know this isn't my original profile. 1st one got locked, the other's lost passwords and or closed email attached to it.But I ask you if you worked offshore cause I thought your profile photo was of a production platform offshore in the Gulf of Mexico.
Yes, I remember. I had go see a customer in Tampa, if I remember correctly, and of course if I'm working that close to the coast, especially the west coast of Florida, I gotta find the closest beach and just hang out for awhile. And of course get some blackened grouper:p

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Man, I sure glad you joined up on AH, ain't many of us left on AH like us who already know the truth in audio. Don't worry about upsetting some of the AH members. Here's a secret, I find this really gets under their skin, spec head's. Next time you happen to see one of them threads with all them 1's and 0's in one of their post. When you reply, from their post, move just one of them lil • and put this ♪ in it's place. Drives them crazy. Talk about they get really mad.
It seems easy to get misled by user reviews. I'm guessing a lot of guys are just looking at the measurements only or watch ball games with their amps and deem some amps to be great (start writing the rave reviews).

This new 5200 paired with my 3070 and some custom peq has me sitting soaked in some crystal clear, detailed, overwhelming sonic bliss since this morning...I honestly didn't expect a miracle for this price. But, holy sht man,, i am very pleasantly surprised by the sound of this thing. I just wish this 5200 looked a li'l bit prettier (thing's a big ol' lump of fat n huge)...Oh well, can't have everything perhaps...i'll try and tuck it away in my bottom rack.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It seems easy to get misled by user reviews. I'm guessing a lot of guys are just looking at the measurements only or watch ball games with their amps and deem some amps to be great (start writing the rave reviews).

This new 5200 paired with my 3070 and some custom peq has me sitting soaked in some crystal clear, detailed, overwhelming sonic bliss since this morning...I honestly didn't expect a miracle for this price. But, holy sht man,, i am very pleasantly surprised by the sound of this thing. I just wish this 5200 looked a li'l bit prettier (thing's a big ol' lump of fat n huge)...Oh well, can't have everything perhaps...i'll try and tuck it away in my bottom rack.
I've stated this before, years back, best sounding setup I've owned was back in 94, Had a Sony ES AVR, paired with a Carver amp, a BBE maximizer two Cerwin Vega speakers. They each had 18" driver's two 7" mids and of course the Horn Tweeter's, 90 something pounds each. They would actually move on the floor from the sound pressure.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Got an email from Yamaha, the hdmi 2.1 firmware update is now delayed until May

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Got an email from Yamaha, the hdmi 2.1 firmware update is now delayed until May
Dam!! I want a refund!! Really not joking guy's. You guy's may think I'm crazy, well some of my friends on AH already know I'm a little weird o_O but that's besides the point.;) Well take the 8K thing, yeah sure nothing out there as far as source goes I get that. But you guy's know I've been talking about getting that Sony Bravia OLED this year and I will. But 8K is not completely out of the question for me. I wonder if they going to release the HDR 10 + plus? I don't need all 7 count'em 7, 2.1 HDMI inputs but dam! I'd at least like to have one that freaking works just in case I wanted to buy a 8K.:mad:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis