Xbox 360, PS3, or Nintendo Revolution

Which console??

• Total voters
B

BrodyPenn

Audiophyte
PS3 and Revolution for me, and if in 2 years the 360 is cheap I will pick one up. I have all three current generation systems, and would have to say I played my Gamecube the most along with the PS2 a close second, and only used the xbox for Madden and Halo. I know the Gamecube has its problems, but I actually enjoyed many of the games such as Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, Zelda, Resident Evil 1,0 and 4, Viewtiful Joe and also many others. Plus my wife enjoys playing pretty much any Mario game which is nice. I love RPG's as well so the PS2 had my heart there... so I am really not biased to any of them, but will definatley have to wait and see with the Xbox 360

N

no man

Audioholic
xbox 3600

Jedi2016 said:
Exactly.

That's why I don't own an Xbox, in fact. I'm not much of a shooter fan, and I don't play online.. so there goes Halo and XboxLive. So what's left? Sure, it's got more than that, but is it really worth the cost of a whole new console? No, not really. Not to me, anyway.

Ditto for the 360. There really isn't anything there that's worth the cost of a whole new system for me.

Sony and Nintendo have the games I like. It's as simple as that, it really is. Does that mean I'm not a "real gamer", because I don't want to spend $400+ just to play two or three games?

I agree with Christian M as well, in regards to PS3. Two words: Gran Turismo. To me, that is a game that's worth the cost of the system. Even Nintendo doesn't have that kind of thing, even though the Revolution is on my list for next year.
i'm a total fan of shooters, like halo. I own it for pc, but because my computer is.. i can't call it worthless because its good but it boarders minimum requirments.. it lacks the xbox's speed and capabilities. Halo 2 i wish i had, not owning an xbox blows.. I'm getting the xbox360 for sure, for games like halo 3, san andreas and other gta's, cod 2, nfs most wanted, etc. As far as the online goes, i'm probably gonna be playing online alot, for the first few months i have the xbox360 i plan to play halo 2, vice city, and san andreas then i will turn to new games and online.

regards~

N

no man

Audioholic
been a while since i posted last, seems like the Revolution *omit gay name* has taken the lead, with the 360 2nd, and - predictibly - ps3 last [:

since my last post i got:
- a 360
- xbox live (gold obvioisly)
- Oblivion
- CHROMEHOUUUUUNNNNNDDDDZZZZZZ

and i plan to get the new gta game when it comes out (NEXT YEAR DAMN THEM)

halo 2 coop still OWNS and PWNS and it will until the universes gravity pulls it all back together crushing us all *random croud cheers*

~OUTZ

D

davo

Full Audioholic
halo 2 coop still OWNS and PWNS and it will until the universes gravity pulls it all back together crushing us all *random croud cheers*

~OUTZ[/QUOTE]

Sorry to burst your bubble on a minor point but you do know the universe is expanding at an ACCELERATED rate i.e. things are moving away and increasing the speed at which they do it. Scientists cant explain it, though they named the force causing it 'dark energy'. They haven't worked out what that is either.

Though your universe might change when PS3 is launched.:D

N

no man

Audioholic
the only thing i like about the ps3 is that fact that it'll have Kill zone 2

on a random note: are you sure its called "dark energy" i think i heard another name, but forgot it..

if i could, i'd probably get all 3 new systems, but i cant.. dont have the money, if i did i'd have like one game per console :p

why cant they just make a universal system.. then again if you understand the technology you could slap together a universal system. It'd probably be bulky and ugly but i'd buy it :p

(btw if anyone DOES make a universal system that fully functions [offline & online] i might be interested...)

D

davo

Full Audioholic
The other term you might have heard is 'Dark Matter', which again is a name for something scientists have no idea what it is. The problem is the mass of all the stars and planets in any galaxy is no where near enough to account for the gravitational effects of said galaxy i.e. the speed it rotates, gravitational effect on other galaxies. When I say there is not enough accountable mass, I mean scientist cant account for 95% of all the mass. Scary stuff.

Any way , back to topic. What does the Xlive gold package cost?
Apparently on the PS3 all access is free, you only pay for down loads.
Voice chat, video chat, multi-player gaming - all free. That should stir things up a bit.:cool:

N

no man

Audioholic
davo said:
The other term you might have heard is 'Dark Matter', which again is a name for something scientists have no idea what it is. The problem is the mass of all the stars and planets in any galaxy is no where near enough to account for the gravitational effects of said galaxy i.e. the speed it rotates, gravitational effect on other galaxies. When I say there is not enough accountable mass, I mean scientist cant account for 95% of all the mass. Scary stuff.

Any way , back to topic. What does the Xlive gold package cost?
Apparently on the PS3 all access is free, you only pay for down loads.
Voice chat, video chat, multi-player gaming - all free. That should stir things up a bit.:cool:
dark matters the substance (antimatter), but dark force or w.e its called is the reverse of gravity [: - and yea its pretty messed up

xboxlive gold costs bout 70 buckaroos a year
sony bashed the price rumours and laid one the 499/599 combos (cnd) same as the 360 <-- which kinda pisses me off.. i dont like the ps3, but you could harvest the parts of that puppy and re-sell em for more :D

- but sony looses loads of cash per console sold, and have fun with the game prices XD

on a different note i've decided i wanna get a REVOLUTION (omit stupid name), its actually really kickass! brings FPS to a whole new level!!! also the online is going to be free (and the Rev's gonna have build in WiFi :eek: )

its by far the most backwards combatible system of all! you can download snes/nes/n64 games over their online thing, and fully backwards compatible with the gamecuberoni

also it has an sd card slot for picture viewing, a web browser and a messenger service!

all this kills my 360 addiction ]: i havnt played it in a while.. not that many games ya know...

i highly doubt ill get a ps3 (seeing as how i hate them and all) but part of me wants to try it

honestly all three consols will kickass - ill proudly own 2 :D

N

no man

Audioholic
anybody else plan to get any of the 3 system, and which games?

hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
Xbox 360

no man said:
Which, out of the three soon-to-be-released consles would you get any why???

The 360 is my choice, can you say Halo 3, Gears of War.
I have been a Xbox user for four years and can't get enough Halo/Halo2.

I own the Sony PS, PS1, and they still work great. So I bought the PS2 and it was a piece of junk , never worked right . we returned it, had it repaired, even Sony couldnt fix it, so Sony sent me a Re-Ferb. and it didn't work. Had so much money invested in games and my boys were bummed, so I forked out the money for a 2nd PS2 it was Junk too. So in short screw Sony, I wont get ripped off a third time.:mad:

hyghwayman, helping others hear the truth!

N

no man

Audioholic
GEARS-O-WAR is an awesome game! too short, but by far the best 360 game thus far! The graphics are insane, the physics are awesome, the weapons are totally kick *** (chainsaw bayonette!), the enemies are awesome (hehe boomers). I'm thinking of buying it, but i'm cheap.. i borrowed if offa my friend and im on the final boss (in less than 2 days of about 3-5 hours of playing) Comments anyone?

T

techigirl78

Junior Audioholic
I liked Gears of War, but agree with you that it was way to short. I've had the 360 for close to a year, but admit that I got it primarily out of frustration from Sony delays. I'm a big fan of a number of PS exclusives, so that was my original intention. However, I like my 360 now and wouldn't part with it!

I've been lucky in the past few weeks and I've been able to pick up a Wii and a 60GB PS3 in stores - not those stupid insane EBay prices. Still haven't cracked the Wii open (daughters xmas present), but I have opened the PS3 and played a few games, including Resistance. At this point, I'm not to far into it, but my first impression is that I liked gears better. This may change as I get further into the game and have longer to play it. Resistance still is a much much better game then the 360 launch games I played. Out of the box, I'm impressed with my PS3 at this point.

I can't wait until Christmas morning to play Zelda and the other various Wii games we picked up!

N

no man

Audioholic
when i first heard about Resistance: Fall of Man for the ps3 my first though was "Ripoff". Lets think this through.. Xbox comes out with a game where wierdass aliens annahilate man kind and the earth, Sony hears about it, a while later, "Hey look at us we have the same thing :0 !"

Then again it could have been an idea lingering around Sony headquarters for a long while...

"I, like God, do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence." V - V for Vendetta (<-- an awesome movie, see if if you haven't, watch it again if you have!)

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
no man said:
when i first heard about Resistance: Fall of Man for the ps3 my first though was "Ripoff". Lets think this through.. Xbox comes out with a game where wierdass aliens annahilate man kind and the earth, Sony hears about it, a while later, "Hey look at us we have the same thing :0 !"
Oh yeah, 'cause Microsoft invented the 'hostile space alien' genre :p

On other news: The Lowville, NY Wal*Mart had Playstation3's just sitting around waiting to be bought (2 20 gigs, 1 60). This marks the first time I've ever seen one on a shelf (or seen one at all for that matter). But they only have 1 BRD movie for sale (X-Men 3). and no HD-DVDs.

Still have yet to see a Wii.

N

no man

Audioholic
so which would you say is better; Gears of War with the chainsaw bayonette, torque bow, and boomshot, or Resistance: Fall of Man with the... sub machine guns..

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

no man said:
so which would you say is better; Gears of War with the chainsaw bayonette, torque bow, and boomshot, or Resistance: Fall of Man with the... sub machine guns..
I'm not commenting which game is better, I'm just saying neither is terribly original. Heck, the "chainsaw gun" is at least 20 years old.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

I believe Warhammer had a chainsaw bayonet ("the ripper") back sometime circa 1980. Also the G.I. Joe sub-organization The Dreadnoks included Buzzer, who has a rifle fitted with three(!) chainsaw blades.

One might also argue that professional chainsaw jugglers may count as ranged weapons. But so far all attempts at large-scale military training have been messy. (Which lead to the popular "Chainsaw juggling diet! You can lose upto half your body mass!").

T

techigirl78

Junior Audioholic
Ok, I got further into playing Resistance - didn't have much time until this weekend due to Christmas rush. Gears graphics seemed better to me, but Resistance is not that far off and does convey the WWII feeling that was intended very well. For Resistance, I would say it definitely beats any Microsoft launch game in terms of graphics by a great deal.

I like the controls for Resistance better. I got frustrated many times with the duck and cover move in Gears as the guy wouldn't always do what I wanted. In Resistance, movements seemed to be quicker without lags as well. Both games are lacking in comparison to PC FPS games when comparing controls.

Both have some pretty cool weapons whether it is the chainsaw bayonet or the hedgehog grenade. It was much harder for me to stop playing Resistance once I got started - though Gears wasn't far behind. In the end, I'd recommend both games depending on which console you own. If your not into multiplayer, you could probably get away with just a 5 day rental versus buying the games.

T

techigirl78

Junior Audioholic
BTW - If you like playing video games when a lot of people come over - the Wii is definitely a hit. Also, as mentioned in many reviews, people in our family were trying out the Wii who never had any inclination to play our 360 or PS3. I haven't played many of our games, but both Wii Sports and Rayman Raving Rabbids are a lot of fun and good for many laughs. Though graphics don't compare, gameplay makes up for it and it is great for parties.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis