What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

P

PWRmx24

Audioholic Intern
Working Sony BDP-S590 for $10 at thrift store. Gonna try to rip some SACDs.

P

PWRmx24

Audioholic Intern
Gonna try this:

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Sennheiser 599 se on Amazon Prime day for $79. Got tired of my Grados extremely bright sound and lack of bass.

P

PWRmx24

Audioholic Intern
Sennheiser 599 se on Amazon Prime day for $79. Got tired of my Grados extremely bright sound and lack of bass.
Thanks for the point out of these. I have a set of 595s but the band is broken. Anyone know why the SEs are so much cheaper than the regular ones?.?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Gonna try this:
Someone clued me into this thread but haven't moved one of my 5100s to start yet.... https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/sony-blu-ray-players-used-for-sacd-ripping.26078/

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the point out of these. I have a set of 595s but the band is broken. Anyone know why the SEs are so much cheaper than the regular ones?.?
Probably because they are an Amazon exclusive. All the reviews that I have read say that they identical except for the color. Anyway, they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so I'll get to compare them to my Grado 60s and my other phones. I do like the Grados, but they are really bright.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Received the 599se phones today. Already much better than my AKG K240 Studios. More comfortable than my Senn 280 pros and not as bright but with more bass than my Grado 60s. A bonus is the 9-foot cable that reaches to my couch so I don't have to sit on the floor anymore. Looks like these will be my go-to phones. :)

Andreas

Andreas

Junior Audioholic
Just curious, what made you go with the NAIT?
For simplicity, longevity, & timelessness. I knew Naim would go above and beyond on this amp. I wasn’t wrong. Highend phono and headphone sections. The designs taken from the new Naim 200 series. The amp section sounds great when used within its limits. I have no issues driving my Spendor Classic 3/1’s. Those over at the Naim forums are comparing this amp favourably to their SuperNait 3’s and above(selling their other equipment and keeping the Nait 50). They may be getting a little carried away but my point is the integrated amp is an audiophile hub and sounds great. I’m now looking into a dac/streamer combo. Maybe the Cyrus Classic Stream or the XR version coming out next month. I figured since I listen to mostly British music maybe I’ll use all British equipment. (; and its much less bulky/heavy than the American/Japanese stuff.
IMG_4924.jpeg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Received the 599se phones today. Already much better than my AKG K240 Studios. More comfortable than my Senn 280 pros and not as bright but with more bass than my Grado 60s. A bonus is the 9-foot cable that reaches to my couch so I don't have to sit on the floor anymore. Looks like these will be my go-to phones. :)
3 days later and I am very satisfied. Maybe the best phones I've ever owned. But I still listen to my speakers most of the time.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
More additions to my planned upgrade. The H55-LCR will be used as an in-wall centre to go with my older Paradigm AMS-300 in-walls in the living room. The P65-R will be in ceiling ATMOS for the rec-room. 45% discount as new models are coming out so I drove an hour to Kitchener to visit Natural Sound which is not too far from where Paradigm is located. They had the new Founder speakers too and the F100 in midnight cherry is absolutely gorgeous.
PXL_20230730_203130795.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
More additions to my planned upgrade. The H55-LCR will be used as an in-wall centre to go with my older Paradigm AMS-300 in-walls in the living room. The P65-R will be in ceiling ATMOS for the rec-room. 45% discount as new models are coming out so I drove an hour to Kitchener to visit Natural Sound which is not too far from where Paradigm is located. They had the new Founder speakers too and the F100 in midnight cherry is absolutely gorgeous.
View attachment 62750
Looks like great stuff. Agree the F100s are beautiful and sound great when I heard them just out of my price range at $5700 a pair US. Good luck with your upgrade!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like great stuff. Agree the F100s are beautiful and sound great when I heard them just out of my price range at $5700 a pair US. Good luck with your upgrade!
Yeah, the F100 is above my budget currently but the F80 comes pretty close. I'm finding that the improvement over my Studio 20v5 is so small though that it's not worth all of that money, so I'm upgrading everything else in the system. I plan to post more detailed updates in my Joe's and Pro's thread. One more piece of equipment expected in the next week and then I''ll have a bunch of work in store. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis