What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Last piece for my planned HT upgrade, excluding miscellaneous items. This was a tough choice. Thought about the Denon X3700H, B-stock X6700H, X3800H, Marantz SR7015 and some other models and B-stock from Gibbys. I ruled out the B-stock for something as complex as an AVR and the X3800H lacks component inputs which I wanted for legacy gaming systems. Was leaning towards the X3700H which had the inputs and was sub $2000, but then came across the X4800H on ElectronicsForLess. It was $300 off plus there was a coupon code for another $90 discount. Still a lot more than the X3700H but too good of a deal to pass up as it's a current model with better specs, more power and surround audio features. Hopeful that I can get over 13 years out of this one like my current 2310ci. It's a little more than what I need for the current space but if we move, this AVR will scale to a larger room.
View attachment 62774
Looks like a great unit. My Denon AVR gave me 16 years and still works fine. Enjoy!

3db

3db

Audioholic Overlord
Last piece for my planned HT upgrade, excluding miscellaneous items. This was a tough choice. Thought about the Denon X3700H, B-stock X6700H, X3800H, Marantz SR7015 and some other models and B-stock from Gibbys. I ruled out the B-stock for something as complex as an AVR and the X3800H lacks component inputs which I wanted for legacy gaming systems. Was leaning towards the X3700H which had the inputs and was sub $2000, but then came across the X4800H on ElectronicsForLess. It was $300 off plus there was a coupon code for another $90 discount. Still a lot more than the X3700H but too good of a deal to pass up as it's a current model with better specs, more power and surround audio features. Hopeful that I can get over 13 years out of this one like my current 2310ci. It's a little more than what I need for the current space but if we move, this AVR will scale to a larger room.
View attachment 62774
Congrats on both of your upgrades. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Overlord
I finally upgraded my computer speakers from this
IMG_9388.jpg

to

IMG_9387.jpg
IMG_9385.jpg
IMG_9386.jpg

I now hear bass, get fantastic stereo imaging, life like mids and smooth treble. They remind me of Rat Shack's Minimus 7 but better.

PSB Alpha PS1 specs.JPG

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Rega - EBLT Advanced Drive Belt
Time to replace the belt on my old Planar 3. Decided to by the Rega brand belt instead of a generic this time. Probably won't matter but I do have peace of mind even if it cost a few more $$.

Andreas

Andreas

Junior Audioholic
Wattson Emerson Analog DAC/Streamer
No WiFi, Blutooth, Screen, Volume Control, Input power & ethernet ports only.
LED indicators for power & when streaming.
Used with Qobuz and Internet Radio.

Sound is detailed and smooth.

Wattson.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Might have to purchase the new WIIM Pro Plus. Better Dac and much better rca output into a receiver or integrated amp than the WIIM Pro. Hopefully Audioholics will review it soon.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Might have to purchase the new WIIM Pro Plus. Better Dac and much better rca output into a receiver or integrated amp than the WIIM Pro. Hopefully Audioholics will review it soon.
A review with measurements would be great. Looks like it was released today. Saw a subjective review on You Tube today that said it was an upgrade from the Pro model.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
A review with measurements would be great. Looks like it was released today. Saw a subjective review on You Tube today that said it was an upgrade from the Pro model.
I'm waiting for the WiiM Super Pro Plus Deluxe! :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got tix to Crosses in SF. They are only doing 4 shows across the US so far and they had to add a second date to the 3 individual shows because they sold out very quick. Side band for Chino Moreno of Deftones.

3db

3db

Audioholic Overlord
I picked up a used PSB Subseries 1 subwoofer for the computer speakers. The subseries 1 is the little fellow sitting on top of the bigger PSB.

IMG_9439.jpg
IMG_9440.jpg
IMG_9441.jpg
IMG_9442.jpg
IMG_9443.jpg

I have placed it here for the time being. I have to prepare stuff for the camping trip so I'll experiment with placement next week sometime.

IMG_9445.jpg
IMG_9446.jpg

I cranked it up and the lil speakers still remained composed

IMG_9444.PNG

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Single handedly propping up Apple’s quarterly sales…
:rolleyes:
updating my 10 yr old iMac and ~15 yr old iPad:

M2 Pro Mac Mini
10th gen iPad
AirPod Max
Magic Keyboard with iTouch and numeric pad
Magic Trackpad

Topped off with a Dell Ultrasharp U2723QE 27” 4K Display

And I’m done.

Really.

(Except I need to update my external drives. *sighs)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

M2 Pro Mac Mini
10th gen iPad
AirPod Max
Magic Trackpad

And I’m done.

Really.

The Monitor showed up DOA. Had to return... but Amazon is slow-pitching my refund. So I went through Dell and picked up a replacement monitor, up-sizing from the U2723QE to the U3223QU...
It arrived today and works perfectly, as best I can tell. :)

And it is glorious!

Next to my old 2013 Intel iMac with the 27" screen, the first Dell looked downright petite, side by side. (Of course the bezels on the iMac are like 12" wide, and then there is that Jay Leno Chin the iMacs all have... :p But actual viewable screen was the same.)
Now with the 32" Display next to the iMac, it is a little wider... and still shorter!!! (Not including stand on either.)

But
It
Is
GLORIOUS

(Clearly this is what the universe intended. ;) )

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Pulled the plug and ordered the WIIM. I will report back after I hook it up and actually listen to it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

M2 Pro Mac Mini
10th gen iPad
AirPod Max
Magic Trackpad

And I’m done.

Really.

Damn dude. Didn't want to spring for the Apple display?

I'm trying to convince my job I need a Mac Mini for testing. I'm not lying, but I don't "need" it. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Damn dude. Didn't want to spring for the Apple display?

I'm trying to convince my job I need a Mac Mini for testing. I'm not lying, but I don't "need" it. :)
Def not springing for the Apple display! Even upgrading to the 32” Dell is cheaper!!! ;)

Wait til the m3 Mac minis come out, then you should have a much easier time convincing them it’s worth investing in, along with that Mac display!
:p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bought our tix and flight to LA for Halloween Horror Nights. It is going to feature Evil Dead Rise, which was a solid reboot and

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Bought our tix and flight to LA for Halloween Horror Nights. It is going to feature Evil Dead Rise, which was a solid reboot and

Cool looks like some scary Halloween fun have a good trip!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis