What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bought tix to Marlon Wayans at the Improv. We had Pete Davidson tix there for the same day (My daughter's bday) but he decided to crash his car into someone's house in Beverly Hills and now probably has a nice little ankle bracelet. As a result Pete cancelled his whole tour.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Bought tix to Marlon Wayans at the Improv. We had Pete Davidson tix there for the same day (My daughter's bday) but he decided to crash his car into someone's house in Beverly Hills and now probably has a nice little ankle bracelet. As a result Pete cancelled his whole tour.
Just got an email ad that Davidson is doing 5 shows with John Stewart in the Northeast. Tickets start at $75.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just got an email ad that Davidson is doing 5 shows with John Stewart in the Northeast. Tickets start at $75.
Interesting. His entire tour was sold out and they cancelled all dates across the US. What are the rough dates for him and Jon?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Last piece for my planned HT upgrade, excluding miscellaneous items. This was a tough choice. Thought about the Denon X3700H, B-stock X6700H, X3800H, Marantz SR7015 and some other models and B-stock from Gibbys. I ruled out the B-stock for something as complex as an AVR and the X3800H lacks component inputs which I wanted for legacy gaming systems. Was leaning towards the X3700H which had the inputs and was sub $2000, but then came across the X4800H on ElectronicsForLess. It was $300 off plus there was a coupon code for another $90 discount. Still a lot more than the X3700H but too good of a deal to pass up as it's a current model with better specs, more power and surround audio features. Hopeful that I can get over 13 years out of this one like my current 2310ci. It's a little more than what I need for the current space but if we move, this AVR will scale to a larger room.
PXL_20230803_131852122.jpg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Last piece for my planned HT upgrade, excluding miscellaneous items. This was a tough choice. Thought about the Denon X3700H, B-stock X6700H, X3800H, Marantz SR7015 and some other models and B-stock from Gibbys. I ruled out the B-stock for something as complex as an AVR and the X3800H lacks component inputs which I wanted for legacy gaming systems. Was leaning towards the X3700H which had the inputs and was sub $2000, but then came across the X4800H on ElectronicsForLess. It was $300 off plus there was a coupon code for another $90 discount. Still a lot more than the X3700H but too good of a deal to pass up as it's a current model with better specs, more power and surround audio features. Hopeful that I can get over 13 years out of this one like my current 2310ci. It's a little more than what I need for the current space but if we move, this AVR will scale to a larger room.
View attachment 62774
Good choice. I'm a firm believer that, within reason, you should always buy a step up from what is good enough. ;) I got to do that with my SR6012 back in 2018 and am so glad I didn't stick with the 5012.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
View attachment 62774
Good for you @Eppie . I hope it makes you happy for years to come. Did you get this from ElectronicsForLess Canada?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Good for you @Eppie . I hope it makes you happy for years to come. Did you get this from ElectronicsForLess Canada?
Yes, the EFL Canada website. Shipped out of Richmond, ON. Gibby's had some deals and had the biggest inventory of B-stock (recertified) gear but I think the warranty is only 1 year as opposed to 3 years on b-stock. That felt like a gamble. Crutchfield had no discounts on new models. Centre HiFi in Quebec had the best price on the 3700H for $1800, regular $2100. BestBuy only had $100 off on the 4800H. EFL had the 4800H for $3000, regular $3300, and then I spotted a $90 instant rebate in the fine print, $2930 + tax. I had to think hard about spending that extra $1130 over what the 3700H has to offer but I don't upgrade often. I have limited options in town and would have needed to drive to Kitchener or Toronto to haggle with a hifi shop but got the feeling that at best they would have matched the EFL price but not beat it. Arrived via Purolator in perfect order.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Yes, the EFL Canada website. Shipped out of Richmond, ON. Gibby's had some deals and had the biggest inventory of B-stock (recertified) gear but I think the warranty is only 1 year as opposed to 3 years on b-stock. That felt like a gamble. Crutchfield had no discounts on new models. Centre HiFi in Quebec had the best price on the 3700H for $1800, regular $2100. BestBuy only had $100 off on the 4800H. EFL had the 4800H for $3000, regular $3300, and then I spotted a $90 instant rebate in the fine print, $2930 + tax. I had to think hard about spending that extra $1130 over what the 3700H has to offer but I don't upgrade often. I have limited options in town and would have needed to drive to Kitchener or Toronto to haggle with a hifi shop but got the feeling that at best they would have matched the EFL price but not beat it. Arrived via Purolator in perfect order.
Yes, B Stock is only a 1 year warranty but my history with electronics (both consumer and professionally) is if they run for a month (without being abused) they'll run for years. We got a B Stock Denon AVR-S750H AVR for my Mom from Gibby's last October 7th and it's still going strong. But folks (especially here in Canada) like the warm feeling of a long warranty for significant purchases, and I get that. It's all about what works for you.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, B Stock is only a 1 year warranty but my history with electronics (both consumer and professionally) is if they run for a month (without being abused) they'll run for years. We got a B Stock Denon AVR-S750H AVR for my Mom from Gibby's last October 7th and it's still going strong. But folks (especially here in Canada) like the warm feeling of a long warranty for significant purchases, and I get that. It's all about what works for you.
Refurbs on the other hand can come with a full factory warranty, which is why I don't mind buying from someplace like AC4L. I got my 7705 refurb ($2k less than the newest one) and increased to 3 yr warranty on top.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
View attachment 62774
Looks like a great unit. My Denon AVR gave me 16 years and still works fine. Enjoy!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
View attachment 62774
Congrats on both of your upgrades. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I finally upgraded my computer speakers from this
IMG_9388.jpg

to

IMG_9387.jpg
IMG_9385.jpg
IMG_9386.jpg

I now hear bass, get fantastic stereo imaging, life like mids and smooth treble. They remind me of Rat Shack's Minimus 7 but better.

PSB Alpha PS1 specs.JPG

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Rega - EBLT Advanced Drive Belt
Time to replace the belt on my old Planar 3. Decided to by the Rega brand belt instead of a generic this time. Probably won't matter but I do have peace of mind even if it cost a few more $$.

Andreas

Andreas

Junior Audioholic
Wattson Emerson Analog DAC/Streamer
No WiFi, Blutooth, Screen, Volume Control, Input power & ethernet ports only.
LED indicators for power & when streaming.
Used with Qobuz and Internet Radio.

Sound is detailed and smooth.

Wattson.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Might have to purchase the new WIIM Pro Plus. Better Dac and much better rca output into a receiver or integrated amp than the WIIM Pro. Hopefully Audioholics will review it soon.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Might have to purchase the new WIIM Pro Plus. Better Dac and much better rca output into a receiver or integrated amp than the WIIM Pro. Hopefully Audioholics will review it soon.
A review with measurements would be great. Looks like it was released today. Saw a subjective review on You Tube today that said it was an upgrade from the Pro model.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
A review with measurements would be great. Looks like it was released today. Saw a subjective review on You Tube today that said it was an upgrade from the Pro model.
I'm waiting for the WiiM Super Pro Plus Deluxe! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis