What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
yasssssss. It's here! I'll do more of a write up once I get some more listing time in. And get this damn sofa sold. The L sofa is what's going to make it hard to get the speaker placement dialed in. But wow! the finish far exceeded my expectations.
BMR.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The most powerful and most quiet is the one that pushes the air st8 up and it says you only need a couple inches of clearance. I have that on one AVR with about 2-3 inches above it and it's open in front and back and it seems to do the job.

To try to keep it down, I set to auto with 2 bars and see if thatwill keep it from getting too hot (with a 80 degree setting).

It says they last up to 65.000 hours right? I figure that sucker ought to last a long time I hope
Haven't tried one that just goes up, but I don't have several inches either but gotta think that's noisier than rear venting. Time for a test!

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Haven't tried one that just goes up, but I don't have several inches either but gotta think that's noisier than rear venting. Time for a test!
Yeah well I'm just going on the specs from Amazon.

Check this out. Shows the T9 (top exhaust) at 21dba vs the T8 (rear) at 24 dba and you can see the output is greater on that one by a good bit. But still, its about getting the one that works best with the setup

1677900671243.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah well I'm just going on the specs from Amazon.

Check this out. Shows the T9 (top exhaust) at 21dba vs the T8 (rear) at 24 dba and you can see the output is greater on that one by a good bit. But still, its about getting the one that works best with the setup

View attachment 60675
I suppose the redirection of air within the fan unit could be noisier now that I ponder that a bit.....but some racks might amplify it too.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Part of my No-Beer and No-Liquor start to 2023 has been a reliance on carbonated water... I've long loved San Pelegrino and Gerolsteiner! The latter especially for its insanely high (for water) mineral content which makes it a great after-workout electrolyte source.
But at the Inflationary prices that have come about from all of the shipping issues and other economic maladies affecting the COGS in our local stores, bottles of these are pushing up over $3 and $4 dollars each.

My solution:
and

It will literally pay for itself many times over as I had what was nearing a Hundred Dollar a Week habit of fizzy water. ...Even if I have to replace it annually.

Now I add a few drops of Trace Minerals and a micro-pinch of some good quality Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt to some RO water, carbonate, and am good to go.
:D

Super pleased so far!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
^
I should add that I already have some 20# CO2 tanks... Buying them new is expensive... but I sorta inherited them from a good friend that knew I might use them if I started force carbonating Kegs back when I was Brewing.
The SodaStream CO2 refills are like $60 for two little cans...
Last time I filled up the CO2 it was under $100 for 4 tanks.
:D
I have no clue how long one of those will last...

Their little cans of CO2 are 14.5 oz of gas and say they can do up to 60L of carbonated water...

If my math is right, one 20# cylinder should equal about 41-42 of their little refills. :cool:

(This doesn't account for the Refill exchange program which is something like 15 per refill plus shipping, but I would still have to buy a couple of their gas cylinders to take "advantage" of that program.)
(Thus, the only "cost" I really have is having a 20# CO2 tank on my kitchen counter! :p )

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^Congrats David! Nice look inside. Photos are giving me error though.
2022_Subaru_Crosstrek_3.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have the T-10. Its a good unit, especially if venting forward is the only option. If you can vent to the back, the T-8 should be the winner.

With smart fan turned on, you can adjust the speed and temp the fan runs at... but it is audible. I sit about 8' away. That said, if I am doing other things, the fan isn't disruptive. Just that it is audible. But it keeps my Marantz running cool.
I will likely switch to the rear venting within the year. Had the T-10 since 2018.
How often do you clean the fans on these units?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How often do you clean the fans on these units?
Haven't had my T8 long enough, but based on other fans I've used, probably an annual event would be reasonable. Depends perhaps how dusty your environment is....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I signed up for Starlink a few months back...

My turn in line just came up and I confirmed today. We'll find out next week how long it takes to get the hardware.

Time to get off of Xfinity/Comcast's sour t!t.

It's a steep buy in... $600 for the hardware kit, but then $120 per month. Comcast has been hounding us to update our account for years... what we signed up for is no longer supported... and they expect us to pony up $220+ per month!

In seven months, we'll be saving money on our internet.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

My turn in line just came up and I confirmed today. We'll find out next week how long it takes to get the hardware.

It's a steep buy in... $600 for the hardware kit, but then $120 per month. Comcast has been hounding us to update our account for years... what we signed up for is no longer supported... and they expect us to pony up $220+ per month!

Been kinda following some experiences, mostly seems more frustration and expense vs worth. Good luck, looking forward to the results....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Been kinda following some experiences, mostly seems more frustration and expense vs worth. Good luck, looking forward to the results....
I've heard both sides. But Comcast has been just pure frustration. ;) And yes, I'm certain it can be worse. ;) But as they get their newer satellites up, it could also be much, much better.
*fingers crossed

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've heard both sides. But Comcast has been just pure frustration. ;) And yes, I'm certain it can be worse. ;) But as they get their newer satellites up, it could also be much, much better.
*fingers crossed
Oh I'm fully hoping it's a good alternative but hated my last satellite internet dependency (very very slow, they've improved but not like landline). Comcast ain't my favorite in any case. I've got Spectrum and its got issues and the bills get higher without improvements....what's new?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

$220 per month, WOW ! I hear 'ya about Comcast, or 'ComCrap' as we call it. I went with FIOS (Verizon) back in '08, not one single issue since. Currently costs me $197 a month (TV, High speed internet, 2 land lines)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis