What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like you got the seal of approval from Erin. I’m surprised you didn’t get the Dayton 1200 though. Kew I think owns both subs and really likes them. I don’t need anymore subs is what I keep saying to myself. Enjoy Boii
I was gonna get the Dayton 1200, was out of stock at the time. I did review the specs of both they are close. I read his review and post on the MP 12", and remembered I had forgot to post up pics. It does perform well for what I need and at 99 bucks if it doesn't last won't be out much. If I had room, or not living in a apartment I'd have two of them. It does have a smooth mid bass for sure and hits good for movie use.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Because I'm getting some insurance money coming in, I've ordered and received this.

1603303921180.png

I also bought this RX-V1075 (RX-A 1030) for $425 shipped to my place to replace the RX-V1500 AVR which is pre HDMI + Ambient 1 dipoles which I will put up but angle them as direct radiators.

1603304122081.png

1603304153096.png

RX-V1075 + PSB.JPG

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Because I'm getting some insurance money coming in, I've ordered and received this.

View attachment 40863
The UMIK-1 microphone can also do a very nice service as an USB mic in a pinch, though it's noisy and not that good sounding to my ears. The stand is of excellent quality and you can separate the actual mic holder to put on something like link below to reduce vibrations (Rode SM4-R), in particular if you want to use it as a microphone for voice and like to tap along with the tune :)

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'm just needling you a bit....trying the bike fit well to you is more important in any case and some would find that saddle okay, I'd rather have a better one as I've used for many years. They just aren't as comfortable in the long run like they might look like they are...and many shops can swap out the saddle easily enough.
Going to pick it up tomorrow. Flat paved riding here in northeast FL so no real challenges for the bike. And I live in a nice neighborhood for biking. I'll let you know how I like it and ask any questions if they come up. Thanks :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought another pair of side clamping wall mounting brackets for my surround speakers for the bedroom. I really like the B-Tech77 but I tried these for a change as they seem to have a lower profile...
PrimeCables Universal Sound Bar Speaker Bracket for Wall Mount

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

View attachment 40863
For my UMIK I bought a shockmount from Rode that works excellently, but when I recently bought the Rode Videomic NTG I got a shock mount (sm3-r) that can fit on a camera, is adjustable horizontally by a slider and can be mounted on a mike stand. Fits the UMIK just fine, and the slider will work fine for fine tuning next time I do measurements.

I bought this one, thinking I could not put the sm3-r on a mike stand at all:

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I bought another pair of side clamping wall mounting brackets for my surround speakers for the bedroom. I really like the B-Tech77 but I tried these for a change as they seem to have a lower profile...
PrimeCables Universal Sound Bar Speaker Bracket for Wall Mount
Dipole heaven! That reminds me I gotta put up my heights speakers.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked this all up for less than $20 with the Oppo BDP-83 costing me $15. There was no power cable or remote. I had a spare power cable at home which works so I did a quick check and the unit is working. Slow as old get out to load blurays..even slower than the Panasonic in my signature which will be replaced by the Oppo.

IMG_0423.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bought a 3 foot HDMI cable from Crutchfield, actual cost of the cable was a bit more than others I shopped online for BUT with my Crutchfield Rewards and their less costly shipping I saved almost $2 overall. At least they don't claim their premium HDMI cables will block all those annoying gamma flux waves for the Sun, or improve the highs with a 'chocolatey' vibrance. In any case Gene DellaSalla needs to provide at least an hour long video about the dangers of the gamma flux wave on our home entertainment systems. :p

IMG_2953.JPG

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I bought a plain two wires power cord with 15 gauge multiple strand copper. It is rubber insulated so it's very flexible. Much like this one but mine wasn't tinned:
1603897567867.png
I got some heat shrink and simple banana plugs:
1603897643099.png

And I made these:
kablos.jpg

I must say I'm very happy!
kablos1.jpg

Total cost (and I mean total) 15$ for both speakers.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I bought a plain two wires power cord with 15 gauge multiple strand copper. It is rubber insulated so it's very flexible. Much like this one but mine wasn't tinned:
View attachment 41066
I got some heat shrink and simple banana plugs:
View attachment 41068
And I made these:
View attachment 41069

I must say I'm very happy!
View attachment 41070

Total cost (and I mean total) 15$ for both speakers.
Great job!

I spent almost 4x that to make my own, but I like them and they're secure. I used Canare 4S11 cable, which works out to about 11 gauge with two of the 4 leads twisted together. Some shrink tubing, locking banana plugs from Blue Jeans Cable, and done. I've made 10 foot (4.7m) and now 14 foot (6.6m) now, and while I can't detect a quantum leap in sound quality, my LS50's are far enough from the wall that they're visible and look good. :D
New_10ft-2.jpg

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Great job!

I spent almost 4x that to make my own, but I like them and they're secure. I used Canare 4S11 cable, which works out to about 11 gauge with two of the 4 leads twisted together. Some shrink tubing, locking banana plugs from Blue Jeans Cable, and done. I've made 10 foot (4.7m) and now 14 foot (6.6m) now, and while I can't detect a quantum leap in sound quality, my LS50's are far enough from the wall that they're visible and look good. :DView attachment 41095
I did exactly the same only I used mono price banana plugs and covered the whole twist area with shrink wrap Iam happy with them . I did notice my outboard amps run a little cooler with these .

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@KenM10759 Man, those are really nice looking cables. My lady said she prefers matte black and simple, neat, thus the choice. What I enjoy the most is the fact that they are made from plain power cord. I got exactly the results I was going for and very, very cheap.

The way I'm organizing my system a lot of my cables are visible, so I'm trying to hide some of them, reduce some of them and make pretty the rest. Couple of my friends and my brother also need some, maybe I'll make some for them. It amuzes me to make them. Though I have to find heat-shrink tubing as meter-ware. I think they are overcharging when you buy asorted.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I did exactly the same only I used mono price banana plugs and covered the whole twist area with shrink wrap Iam happy with them . I did notice my outboard amps run a little cooler with these .
There's a "pic or it didn't happen" rule... ;);)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
@KenM10759 Man, those are really nice looking cables. My lady said she prefers matte black and simple, neat, thus the choice. What I enjoy the most is the fact that they are made from plain power cord. I got exactly the results I was going for and very, very cheap.

The way I'm organizing my system a lot of my cables are visible, so I'm trying to hide some of them, reduce some of them and make pretty the rest. Couple of my friends and my brother also need some, maybe I'll make some for them. It amuzes me to make them. Though I have to find heat-shrink tubing as meter-ware. I think they are overcharging when you buy asorted.
I like cable pants on the ends of the wiring.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis