What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Amazon Prime Day special ($59) 6qt Instant Pot. Hey, I like eating but hate spending a lot of time cooking - unless I'm smoking meat.

And a storage upgrade for my Ultrabook.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
First thing that popped into my head...

Funny, but hardly relevant - this bad boy fits 15.6" sized laptops. It's more like overnight bag than really a messenger bag. I need something to replace my old worn out Kenneth Cole.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Funny, but hardly relevant - this bad boy fits 15.6" sized laptops. It's more like overnight bag than really a messenger bag. I need something to replace my old worn out Kenneth Cole.
I know, but that's still what I thought of. :)

Nice case either way. I'm getting to where I prefer a backpack for comfort, but it's hard not to look dumb in a backpack...

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
4 x Chane SBE- 118's, Chane 3600 amp, 2 x KEF Q900's, 2 x KEF 100's and a KEF Q600. Minidsp 2x4hd and calibrated mic on the way.

Pardon the mess. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I know, but that's still what I thought of. :)

Nice case either way. I'm getting to where I prefer a backpack for comfort, but it's hard not to look dumb in a backpack...
It's would be even harder in typical NY office dress attire :) Though it doesn't stop some folks :)

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Hey I resemble that. :p

It doesn't matter if you're seventeen or seventy - backpacks are pretty much the norm for laptop carry on the west coast. I do see a briefcase or messenger bag now and then but it's usually a lawyer or a real estate agent carrying it. Of course about the only people still wearing bibs (ties) out here are lawyers. :cool: Still, that's a good looking messenger bag!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Seven Days in May is one of my all-time favorite movies. Some of the musings of the President in the script are almost prophetic of the political situation in the US today. Unfortunately, we actually elected our present day James Mattoon Scott (albeit one who was never in the military, though he likes to surround himself with generals).

Edit - the book of the same name by Fletcher Knebel and Charles Bailey is also a great read.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
[QUOTE="Irvrobinson, post: 1259506, member: 6847"Some of the musings of the President in the script are almost prophetic of the political situation in the US today. [/QUOTE]
I just wish that Idiocracy won't be too prophetic

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
4 x Chane SBE- 118's, Chane 3600 amp, 2 x KEF Q900's, 2 x KEF 100's and a KEF Q600. Minidsp 2x4hd and calibrated mic on the way.

Pardon the mess. Lol

Very impressive! Bet it sounds very good and loud.......LOL!!! Congrats!:) BTW, what are you powering the KEF's with? It looks like a Denon from what I can tell. Nice!

Cheers,

Phil

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
@speakerman39. Thanks!

It is an Onkyo TX-RZ810. My MiniDSP 2x4HD does not arrive for another week. So I hope to be able to dial them all in at that time. Large room (28×30×8), carpet over cement basement in a log cabin, so wiring has to get creative.

Not sure if the Onkyo will be enough, so far so good.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@speakerman39. Thanks!

It is an Onkyo TX-RZ810. My MiniDSP 2x4HD does not arrive for another week. So I hope to be able to dial them all in at that time. Large room (28×30×8), carpet over cement basement in a log cabin, so wiring has to get creative.

Not sure if the Onkyo will be enough, so far so good.

Yeah, that is a big space to fill no doubt. The 810 being enough muscle will all depend on your listening habits. Getting a miniDSP should prove most helpful. You plan to use REW? What kind of mic do you have? The CSL UMik 1's are very highly recommended. Sounds like you have covered all of your bases already. Be sure to keep us all posted. Best wishes!

Cheers,

Phil

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Yes, the UMike 1 should be here Monday. I plan on using REW, so I have been trying to read up on it since it will be a first for me. Right now just trying to get get the subs positioned close to where they give the best response. Looks like all four corners will give the best results. But REW should be able to confirm or deny.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, the UMike 1 should be here Monday. I plan on using REW, so I have been trying to read up on it since it will be a first for me. Right now just trying to get get the subs positioned close to where they give the best response. Looks like all four corners will give the best results. But REW should be able to confirm or deny.

Good to see that you are well on your way. Be sure to keep us all posted. Oh and more pics never hurts.......LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis