What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Took advantage of the rock-bottom pricing on Newegg, $27 & change each with free shipping. Bought two; one for me for traveling, one to give away later as a birthday gift for my daughter.

Really very good! Though not bass-heavy, they seem accurate. They're not quite as full sounding as my M500 over-ear headphones, but what can I expect from such diminutive "speakers"?
KEF_M100.JPG

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Took advantage of the rock-bottom pricing on Newegg, $27 & change each with free shipping. Bought two; one for me for traveling, one to give away later as a birthday gift for my daughter.

Really very good! Though not bass-heavy, they seem accurate. They're not quite as full sounding as my M500 over-ear headphones, but what can I expect from such diminutive "speakers"?View attachment 25237
Nice! I’m going shopping...

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Bought this some time back and forgot it and forgot to add it to my music library. Discovered it as I was grabbing CD's for the NOS Tascam CD player I got, and really enjoyed listening to it. The Tascam CD200 is a great CD player, btw.

This CD starts out with a somewhat abstract version of a disco-ish (roller rink music) sound but not enough to use it for Skeet practice, or anything like that. Then it kind of morphs into older Jazz standard meets funk/electronica and it gets better from there.

Four80 East - Roll On

1533289779251.png

I have a number of CD's from this group.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Used stuff that's new to you counts, right? I picked up a pair of 1988-1991 era Hafler 300 floor-standing speakers, in excellent original condition. Still have the original Vifa 1" sof dome tweeters and Carbonneau 6-1/2" treated paper cone drivers. A transmission line cabinet standing 35" tall, 9-1/2" wide and 11-1/2" deep with rear port they remind me of the Hafler 200 bookshelf speakers I'd bought new in 1989.

They're at my son's house for the week as I'll be out of town, moving to my guest room system when I get back home. They do not sound like the average $200 pair of 45 lb floor-standing speakers. ;)

Haf300_nogrills_r.jpg

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I only wanted an AMP/AVR for my nephew, but the guy insisted on selling these together, long story short, I'm a very happy owner of a neat, slick and beautifully preserved Yamaha DVD/CD player S-795:
1533484300608.jpeg
The upper piece is my nephew's new AVR also in such a good shape that even mint doesn't do it service. The reflection of my fingers holding the phone shows how smooth and mirror-like is the display protective glass. 127$ together. 47.5$ for the DVD/CD, 80$ for the AVR. (I'm more than happy, it's like it wasn't ever used, only, I have a shitty smart phone so pics are awful, otherwise I'd take a pic of the remote:D:D:D it's from the nineties and I bet no one could detect any signs of use).

Please guys, if you have a way of finding out the price of this AVR when it was new, I'd be very grateful. It is the AVR rx-v392rds. The guy is a collector of Yamaha gear and this AVR may very well be unused (or almost) so I'd like to have a chance to explain my nephew how good of a deal it really is.

His home looks like a small Yamaha hifi museum. He has all samples up to those CD-S2100 and also top models from earlier generations.

I swear he touches these in gloves. Those gold plated connectors on the back of the DVD look like bling. They shine.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The Yamaha S795 suggested list price in the US when they were new in 2000 was $700 US.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I've been in an equipment liquidation mode as of late, going through and selling stuff that I really don't use. So far, I've sold five pair of headphones, a turntable, nice Bluetooth speaker (I think I am going to regret that one...) and a cell phone. On the bright side, I just ordered replacement tips for my Optoma Nuforce BE2s :D
1533488877117.png

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
The Yamaha S795 suggested list price in the US when they were new in 2000 was $700 US.
Thank you very much. Is there a data base with such info I can check for the AVR. Casual search always lists prices for second hand today.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I just bought a Roku TV for my bedroom for when I just wanta watch Netflix and feel too lazy too fire up the main system. :). I mean it's a TLC you get what you pay for but man I'm pretty impressed with what you get for the price.
I bought a RSL speedwoofer 10s for my bedroom sub primarily for music listening. Also for the Netflix ;). I'm shocked at what that 10 inch sub can do. I mean it can't compete with my SVS subs in the front room but it isn't supposed to. But man it will DESTROY any 12 inch polk or Klipsch or brand name sub for that 500 to 600 price range they usually price them at. Really really happy with it.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you very much. Is there a data base with such info I can check for the AVR. Casual search always lists prices for second hand today.
I looked for a while, checking various search engine results but couldn't find anything reliable for the AVR.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I had to get one or least a few of them again as I went off the CB radio around 1987 and started up on it around late 1980.

Wanted to get the Cobra 148 GTL-DX its a classic CB radio. Oh yeah this is the place to start "keep on listening" this is the learning ground to start at. Once trained in hearing faint voices against all that noise you are then true listener.

Must say it sounded reasonable few months ago since I first got them one at a time in the post. Firstly the Superstar 2000 blocks of 40 5 bands A B C D E all modes USB LSB AM FM CW. I heard a bit lot of Europeans but I knew no chance on the small temporary mobile antenna on a biscuit tin is going to make it that far.

Then next day it all quietened down. I have been ear-wigging on the online 10 and 11 as well as all the other meter bands and they also sounded fairly quiet but least it was still in some use as mobile phones load of rubbish you don't get any kicks or fun with mobile phone other than rip off charge rates. CB radio is free need no BS subscription contact.

The longest distance I managed to get on my home-base decades ago with second highest antenna in the town. Falkland Islands, yes half way around the Earth, yes the Earth is round had it been flat now the communication would have been easier. I had to have someone on the south cost Southampton relay the Falkland Islands, transmission as I couldn't hear him but he could hear me which means I reached WOW half way around the planet.

Other distance someone in Indonesia, mobile but the skip suddenly died down. Other distance middle USA for short few minutes. Longest modulation over a shorter distance Germany for few hours in early morning hours. Never made to Scotland or channel islands and yet they are nearer its just the way the CB and the propagation works when DX-ing.

I have a home-base antenna that needs to be put up and I get around to getting an installer when I''m ready. I only set up the CB's now and then and have chatted locally to someone not far from me so least they are working.

The other which is like the Cobra 148 GTL-DX, Superstar 360FM seems to have been tweaked on its output power as when I see the voltage on the multi-meter showing 14.8v then with drain at around 10v I know something is not right so I may need to get a RF dummy load and SWR power meter and frequency counter to check its power and if tweaked turn it back to its normal rate of power as it seems to be colouring the modulation as I can hear myself on the other CB with no ANT fitted due to the close distance. Oh it doesn't have a Roger Bleep not sure if the Superstar 360FM had a Roger Bleep? I know the 148 GTL-DX has as I've owned two of them mk I and mkII.

Also the CB radio has more channels than my Dolby Atmos AVR put together with all other cinema sound systems. Its kinder strange all this digital Atmos stuff has less channels than an analouge CB radio of about 40 years old.

The Superstars 2000/360FM is rather good condition for there age a few starches no big deal that is normal use. The weight of 2000 heavier than the 360FM yet smaller size then 360FM its the insides that makes it heavier.

Would have liked blocks of 50 bands A B C D. There are others that look same as the 360FM GTL-DX, 3900? That has bands A B C D E F and built-in frequency counter.

SWR is bad on the small ANT on the biscuit tin with ratio 3 and that is not good. I can't get the damn thing tweaked between a ratio of 2 at the very least so got wait until the Silver Rod is fitted up.

TV-I thank goodness not a flicker that I noticed on the monitor expect some breakthrough on one of the amplifiers but couldn't hear any modulation on the sub amp JBL wow first time I hear a thump, thump when TX-ing. :D

I have however manged to blow a TV up back in the days with 200w and maybe a statistic wicked RF signal I dread to know what it would have looked like on an oscilloscope? As it turned out a lose break in the soldering on cetre core of the PL-259 burners ANT output. I thought I had water in the base coil which made me believe my SWR was high? Nope it was wicked ass CB TV killer radio. It even messed with my dads TV and the VCR with worlds first Hitachi visual speed of x15 or maybe it was x20? When I used the remote to see what would happen it went even faster!!!! That RF signal was BAD when used with a burner. Thank goodness it wasn't 1kw that might have killed lots of TV's for the best I guess lot of rubbish on the tv. :D

10-10-73's. :)

View attachment 25329

"CB Radio little low tech for you guys isn't it"
I wish I knew how to do all that stuff you can use those to talk to anyone around the world right? Man that's way cool

Dmantis10

Dmantis10

Audioholic
My system is a revolving door LOL. I'm constantly upgrading this for that etc. I recently got into HDR and Dolby Vision then Atmos so this is just the very latest
Sony STRZ5000ES receiver ( replaced Pioneer Elite SC-99 since it doesn't pass Dolby Vision)
Xbox One X( replaced Xbox one for 4k)
Apple TV 4k ( Replaced 4th gen Apple TV
Oppo UDP-203( Replaced Sony UDPX700 which I hated and before that a Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD)
Sony XBR65Z9D LED TV( Replaced my loved Pioneer Elite 60 inch Kuro)
Added Atmos Speakers in 1 point Eposide Signature 1700 series and 1 downward firing Signature 1700 I have a flat ceiling on one side a angled on the other where the left channel Atmos had to go so the Point allowed me to downward fire so the both work correctly.
4k audioquest HDMI cables for all sources including the in wall run to the TV and all sources that are 4k.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
New deck means I need some deck tunes. IP54 rating for dust and weather, 4 full range drivers, "bass" driver and passive radiator. Overall surprisingly good sound, battery powered or you can plug it in. Space for even the largest phones in the fully sealed compartment and it will even charge your phone if plugged in.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
New deck means I need some deck tunes. IP54 rating for dust and weather, 4 full range drivers, "bass" driver and passive radiator. Overall surprisingly good sound, battery powered or you can plug it in. Space for even the largest phones in the fully sealed compartment and it will even charge your phone if plugged in.

17 pounds? You were born in the wrong era.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis