What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Parasound P5 preamplifier and Parasound A23 amplifier (125 WPC) for 2-channel audio. Black.

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Thanks for the info on that thread. I had not seen that, although I did a lot of research. I was more concerned about the A23, as there had been the occasional mention of a hum or hiss. Almost always, as the threads progressed, the sound turned out to be related to the circuitry external to the amp and not the amp itself.

I'm glad to report that the A23 I received is absolutely silent, not even the hint of whisper with my ear pressed against the tweeter and with the preamp volume turned up very high.

As far as the P5 preamp goes, I see that the thread you referenced ended 18 months ago, so I hope that if a systemic problem was identified, it has been rectified by Parasound. So far, the P5 I have has been exemplary.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for the info on that thread. I had not seen that, although I did a lot of research. I was more concerned about the A23, as there had been the occasional mention of a hum or hiss. Almost always, as the threads progressed, the sound turned out to be related to the circuitry external to the amp and not the amp itself.

I'm glad to report that the A23 I received is absolutely silent, not even the hint of whisper with my ear pressed against the tweeter and with the preamp volume turned up very high.

As far as the P5 preamp goes, I see that the thread you referenced ended 18 months ago, so I hope that if a systemic problem was identified, it has been rectified by Parasound. So far, the P5 I have has been exemplary.
Unfortunately, that was not his only problem on the P5, and not the only member to have problems with the P5.

At this point, you have it, so enjoy it. If it gives any problems or does not, then that is another data point ;)

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
^^I love the setup but now im on a "get a system in each room" kick lmao! and thanks for that link ill be getting those asap.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^I love the setup but now im on a "get a system in each room" kick lmao! and thanks for that link ill be getting those asap.
Yep I know how that goes. I at one time had (4) setups in (1) room. The good thing is bargains can be found. Fun times.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I added the HD streaming version of a fine old family flick to my library.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Wild Is The Wind is a beauty of a song.
Be sure to check out David Bowie's version if you don't already know it.
If I just heard them both without paying attention to the lyrics, I'm not sure I would recognize them as the same song!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Friend of mine ordered this for his dad and ended up buying one that holds 5 instead and sold it to me NIB for $60, or, basically what cash I had in my pocket at the time. I think he off'd it to me so his wife wouldn't find out about it. :D

Don't really know where I will fit it being I had not planned yet one more mismatched component in my system.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Friend of mine ordered this for his dad and ended up buying one that holds 5 instead and sold it to me NIB for $60, or, basically what cash I had in my pocket at the time. I think he off'd it to me so his wife wouldn't find out about it. :D

Don't really know where I will fit it being I had not planned yet one more mismatched component in my system.
You should carry less money around. You might get even better deals.:D:D:D

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I have my primary music library on an external RAID array attached to my iMac. Its run without incident since 2010. That's an eternity in computer years. This last week I had a disk drive fail in the RAID array. I could tell because it was making a racket. I slid out the offending drive and my music was unaffected: it was all preserved on the surviving drive.

My purchase this week was a brand new hard disk for the array. I popped it in, the RAID array rebuilt its duplicate image and I was back in 100% protected business. I also have another complete copy on another music server that also has an external array. And then there's all the CD's sitting in a safe. Backups are boring, but backups make the inevitable crash and burn that computers will do survivable and mostly non-events.

Raid Array Rear2.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis