What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
I discovered Ponty in the 80's in Germany watching AFN (Armed Forces Network). They used a song off of Fables for AFN News. Enjoy his music.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
$80 on fleebay:

and a pair of XLR patch cords for $7
Happy to report that after some headache with drivers, it's finally working as intended. My suggestion, don't use default path "C:\program files\behringer\sdfsdf" just use something simple as c:\behringer
after 10 attempts or so - got it running. 24/192 works of regular usb. No ground loop or any hiss from my monitors. Exactly what I expected from balanced connections.
Do like a lot a separate volume control for headphones. totally worth $80

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
"Upgraded" a few VHS to DVD, Blu-ray, such a space-saver!
IMG_1653.JPG

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Still collecting. Found this guy searching jazz violin and found him on Frank Zappa's works at some point. That was enough to provoke a search and it turned out to be a great find.
View attachment 24327

View attachment 24328

View attachment 24329

couple more of his I want.
No Absolute Time is one of my favorites. I also had the experience of watching rehearsals at Zappa's studio when Jean-Luc Ponty played with him (even saw him cut a session short and tell Jean-Luc what he didn't do "correctly" and what he wanted him to do....had never seen anything quite like that before!).

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
No Absolute Time is one of my favorites. I also had the experience of watching rehearsals at Zappa's studio when Jean-Luc Ponty played with him (even saw him cut a session short and tell Jean-Luc what he didn't do "correctly" and what he wanted him to do....had never seen anything quite like that before!).
It seems that everyone (Vai etc.) that has been exposed to working with Zappa has had their bar raised in some way.

I do indeed like the "No Absolute Time" CD. Even if I don't think I am in the mood to listen to music, that one can certainly change my mind in short order. That and Fables, Tchokola, Storytelling, The Gift of Time and, Open Mind are all pretty much great throughout, IMO.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
One of these 2nd gen. Got a good deal $14 shipped:
Seller was taken off eBay and now I'm waiting for a refund. Darn it. I just bought a used one for less than $20 hopefully I'll get it by the weekend.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Seller was taken off eBay and now I'm waiting for a refund. Darn it. I just bought a used one for less than $20 hopefully I'll get it by the weekend.
Was wondering about the viability of the one you bought on fleabay....for $30 new am happy with the two Amazon Fire Sticks I bought (altho I notice they're back to $40 now).

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I had a feeling about it but bought it anyway. First time it's happened. Hopefully this one will get here. Too bad the 2nd gen box used is expensive. The 3rd gen ones are not selling well and thus everyone wants a 2nd gen. Hopefully the upcoming amazon cube will be alot better and budget friendly.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had a feeling about it but bought it anyway. First time it's happened. Hopefully this one will get here. Too bad the 2nd gen box used is expensive. The 3rd gen ones are not selling well and thus everyone wants a 2nd gen. Hopefully the upcoming amazon cube will be alot better and budget friendly.
Thought there were only two gens of fire stick? I'm pretty sure I have second from what someone told me....possibly earlier in this thread....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There
Thought there were only two gens of fire stick? I'm pretty sure I have second from what someone told me....possibly earlier in this thread....
The "new" one is that ugly chromecast dongle style one that nobody likes vs. the actual usb-style stick.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I bought a kit (and the boards) for another Pass DIY amplifier. This time it's the F5.

1528075388817.png

1528075593213.png

Don't know exactly when I will get to it but I have a number of the necessary matched JFETs so I hate to see them just sitting around. They were given to me by a fellow who was hoping I would have some actual use for them, forever removing them from his hoarded parts and into action.

Also pre-ordered another ACA kit similar to the one I built recently.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Gotta drown out that neighbor of yours somehow...
That is a great deal, but your link is showing $170?
Yea, sorry. The link is only for reference sake. there was a new seller who pushed the price lower few days ago, $170 is way too much, their normal price is around $140.
There's also a bit cheaper UAC-AC-PRO-E - model, E means it's comes without POE injector (AP still supports POE)

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
unnamed-1.jpg

The o2 + D50. Soon my work set up will be complete. And of course the Canare cables because as you all know, it's really about the cables and not the speakers. :p Now I gotta cool it on spending for a while.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Here we go again. Got the Fire Stick yesterday and it did not work. Tried various things. Looks like the stick is burnt out. Got a refund. Trying one more time. This time I ordered a 2nd gen Fire Box TV used No remote(Will use my USB Keyboard. Not really into talking into a remote anyways :p ). If anything later on I'll get the Fire Cube TV when on sale. Just waiting on the reviews.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Here we go again. Got the Fire Stick yesterday and it did not work. Tried various things. Looks like the stick is burnt out. Got a refund. Trying one more time. This time I ordered a 2nd gen Fire Box TV used No remote(Will use my USB Keyboard. Not really into talking into a remote anyways ). If anything later on I'll get the Fire Cube TV when on sale. Just waiting on the reviews.
Man that's a lot of work to save $20. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis