What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Selfie Stick
Wireless range extender (used on my Pioneer Elite SC-63)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I got lucky too. My Sony BDP-S480 BluRay player wasn't bad, but I got a Samsung 4K TV a little while back and that player doesn't do 4K. My son gifted me an entry-level 4K player that does Atmos too. No streaming but that's something I rarely do and the TV does it fine.

LG UDP875.

Attachments

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I bought 4 more of these ridiculous little drivers from PE. Peerless by Tymphany TC9FD18-08 3-1/2" Full Range Paper Cone Woofer

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Picked up 4 Canton Plus X2 speakers for a rediculously low price at an estate sale. Have not tested them yet but at $20 for all four with wall mount I think I can afford to take a chance on them. Anybody ever hear these speakers?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up one of these used for $40 to replace the remote for my Vizio SV470M which died over the weekend. This is my 3rd working unit now. :) It took me all of 10 minutes to progam in 3 macros and add 3 devices into it.

Last edited:

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall

Attachments

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I picked up one of these used for $40 to replace the remote for my Vizio SV470M which died over the weekend. This is my 3rd working unit now. :)
I still haven't configured the one I bought before xmas even though I was off for almost a month.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Today's purchase wasn't the speakers or amp, it was the $10 3.5mm-to-RCA cable to connect the amp to my computer. ;)

New desktop setup. Not a time for LS50W's, but MILES ahead of the cheap plastic computer speakers that were there. The iQ10's were actually gifted to me about 4 years ago by my younger son and we're my first KEF's. I'd given them to him to use as rear speakers in his 7.1 Q series setup after I'd upgraded my system to R series in late 2015.

He got a pair of Q100's the other night to take their place, and gave these iQ10 back to me. I'm actually shocked at how great these sound powered by a dirt cheap 15w/ch Pyle PTA1 amp. They go plenty loud! The amp was leftover from 2012 when I bought it to amplify the TV sound for my dad (to drown out my mom's incessant chatter...dementia.) They were both gone by Sept of 2015 and the amp had been in storage since.

Really sounds pretty darn good, surprising how well-defined the soundstage is just sitting in my normal seat. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a deal on a used NAD D3020 digital amp, 30 w/ch. While they're only $499 new, the price a used ones should drop to $300 or less with the new D3020v2 having been recently released.

Attachments

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Phil, thanks but I am not spending on one of those right now. Perhaps in a month or three. By then I'll be able to get one for $100 less than that too. It's just not a priority as it sounds way better than it should for now, and quantum leaps better than what was there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
4.2 Bluetooth Receiver
View attachment 23362
A cable for stuff
View attachment 23363
Just one thought about sticking something like that in the aux port on a car head unit....had a friend with a rambunctious 3 year old who went careening into the dash of my van on an adrenaline rush and whacked my usb thumbdrive sticking out next to an aux input with an aux cord plugged in and connected to a BT receiver down below. He got the usb drive but good and bent it away from the aux input (and fortunately my usb port was saved by the drive folding fairly quickly, one of the slide/in out jobs which probably helped)...but almost took out both. If it had been this style of stick he would have taken out both; while I learned about stuff sticking out while this kid was around (not his fault, he's just a bundle of hard to control energy with good intentions).

ps we were parked at the time....

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
How about a review?
They have videos on youtube reviewing it. You can tell by the look on the women reviewers faces that it's up there with something like chocolate. . . . or something. :D

I get bad knots in around my shoulders. My last gfriend could get her thumbs in there and really work them out and it would cure me for weeks. This manages to get in there the same way. It. works really well from the neck on down.

Gotta be careful though because one could drool on themselves if they overdo it. :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I like to use a quality pen, but not willing to pay for the $15 each ones.
The pen you sent me I'd never heard of but it was great, which leads me to believe you may be a "pen-meister"!
Pentel EnerGel 0.7 is the one I generally go with as a smooth writer which looks decent. I'd prefer a 0.5, but the EnerGel I tried seemed to catch on paper just a bit and did not flow like the 0.7.
Are the pens you are buying here ones that you know to have a quality feel?
Recommendations for a high value 0.5? I have use for both capped and retractable!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis