What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats. Sealed? Ported? Amp?
I'll be going with the sealed 4 ft. box from PE and using my Crown XLS 1502 with it. Will initially run two off of it and if it's not enough power I'll get a second 1502 for the second sub. Two with 525w each calculates out to 113 dB at the listening position, which should be plenty. I can get another 5 dB by going to an additional 1502 if needed

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'll be going with the sealed 4 ft. box from PE and using my Crown XLS 1502 with it. Will initially run two off of it and if it's not enough power I'll get a second 1502 for the second sub. Two with 525w each calculates out to 113 dB at the listening position, which should be plenty. I can get another 5 dB by going to an additional 1502 if needed
Good plan. I run each of my SI HT18D2s off a single channel of a 1500. With multiples it becomes less of a concern in any case.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Good plan. I run each of my SI HT18D2s off a single channel of a 1500. With multiples it becomes less of a concern in any case.
Do you have a build thread for your subs? I'd be interested to see what you did.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
You're off to a GREAT start to the New Year! Congratulations on the LS50's & Music Hall MMF2.2 turntable.

What phono amp and power amp are you using between the two? I really like your choices of vinyl to start with. While the Elvis Presely isn't my thing, it and the others are really good.

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Haha actually Elvis is for the wife. At the moment I am using the phono stage on a Marantz model 2238b, however I am going to get an Emotiva pre/pro before to long along with a Schiit Mani. Not sure which order, but that is the plan atm...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Good plan. Eclectic mix, which is how I am. Went from streaming Gov't Mule to Ramones to Michael Jackson today. I've heard the Sturgill Simpson album on Tidal HiFi Masters, and it's phenomenal. I'll have to give a listen to Avenge Sevenfold.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up a used RX-V1900 for $340 to replace my RX-V1500. I will never go Dolby Atmos as its too late for me, hence this unit. It does have multipoint YPAO which my RX-V1800 doesn't have. I will keep the RX-V1800 in my main system and use the 1900 in my secondary system because the seating position is all over the map in my great room compared to my seating position for the main system in the basement.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Afterlife:

Precise printing? Now you don't need to worry about legible handwriting. ;) :D
The pen will make sure it is precise. :D

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
New router and cold smoking tube.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Hey @afterlife2, I see your "disagree" to my joking comment. I think you're taking it the wrong way, I was just being sarcastic, sorry if you're offended.

I deleted it since @psbfan9 also doesn't get the joke.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I apologize if I offended you with my joke. It was meant in fun and not to be taken seriously.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Scored 4 Speakercraft AIM 5 Three Series 2 ceiling speakers for $260 total.

These usually go for $500 each so a good deal.

My Atmos install will be complete and I can take my "on ceiling" speakers down. The line array tweeter setup should work very well with Atmos. We'll see.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Picked up a used Blu Ray player for $25.00. It is a Pioneer bdp-95fd. I think it was an ok price. Oh well, that’s my big ticket purchase.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis