What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I like to use a quality pen, but not willing to pay for the $15 each ones.
The pen you sent me I'd never heard of but it was great, which leads me to believe you may be a "pen-meister"!
Pentel EnerGel 0.7 is the one I generally go with as a smooth writer which looks decent. I'd prefer a 0.5, but the EnerGel I tried seemed to catch on paper just a bit and did not flow like the 0.7.
Are the pens you are buying here ones that you know to have a quality feel?
Recommendations for a high value 0.5? I have use for both capped and retractable!
I'm not a pen head, but I really appreciate the sharpie ultra fine retractable. I use these a lot for tracing patterns on aluminum. The separate cap model was always a PITA.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just one thought about sticking something like that in the aux port on a car head unit....had a friend with a rambunctious 3 year old who went careening into the dash of my van on an adrenaline rush and whacked my usb thumbdrive sticking out next to an aux input with an aux cord plugged in and connected to a BT receiver down below. He got the usb drive but good and bent it away from the aux input (and fortunately my usb port was saved by the drive folding fairly quickly, one of the slide/in out jobs which probably helped)...but almost took out both. If it had been this style of stick he would have taken out both; while I learned about stuff sticking out while this kid was around (not his fault, he's just a bundle of hard to control energy with good intentions).

ps we were parked at the time....
Thanks for the advice. These are primarily for my non Bluetooth headphones or speakers. Fun Fun Fun. ;)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I like to use a quality pen, but not willing to pay for the $15 each ones.
The pen you sent me I'd never heard of but it was great, which leads me to believe you may be a "pen-meister"!
Pentel EnerGel 0.7 is the one I generally go with as a smooth writer which looks decent. I'd prefer a 0.5, but the EnerGel I tried seemed to catch on paper just a bit and did not flow like the 0.7.
Are the pens you are buying here ones that you know to have a quality feel?
Recommendations for a high value 0.5? I have use for both capped and retractable!
These are from the Dollar Tree. I was shocked to see these there. Love to see some fountain pens there. There are a couple of reviews on youtube as well. I love the way they write for a pen so cheap. I prefer the 0.7 to the 5.0. I order my pens usually from China(2-3 weeks) or Jet Pen(Cali - less than a week) Low cost. I found out about these beauties(Fountain pens and various others) from a thread at another forum in the early 2000's. I don't buy pens that often but if I see a good sale I'll get 1 or 2. I don't go over 10$. Earlier in this thread you can see some of the pens I've acquired.

Re-brought these after I lost them. The grip is incredible. Everyone should try these:
https://www.ebay.com/p/F-s-Pilot-Uni-Alpha-gel-Ballpoint-Pen-Hard-Grip-Royal-Blue-P191/1639549873?iid=253388200063&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=49924&meid=7543842f670845558888d2ad78f87f0c&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=253384153915&itm=253388200063&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
and
Got this one on sale for around 7 bucks:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uni-Jetstream-Alpha-Gel-Grip-Black-0-7mm-Black-Ink-SXN1000071P24/232639028788?epid=24012067854&hash=item362a5dde34:g:A6UAAOSwLjxaZamn

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wow my Steven Wilson To The Bone blu-ray finally arrived. Pre-ordered from Amazon August 18. Kept getting requests from Amazon to please approve delays but never an explanation as to why. I did that a few times just to see, really wasn't in a great rush or anything. Finally a few weeks ago on the last such request I thought now its time to complain. Got $40 credit and a promise that as soon as the next stock came in they'd get me a copy....wasn't sure that was gonna happen but for $40 I was fine with waiting a little longer....
tothebone.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Curious about that, I decided to see if it was on Tidal.

Well, it is and I'm very happy to report that I'm impressed. It's not music I can recall ever hearing before, and I like new-to-me stuff. Thanks!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Well, it is and I'm very happy to report that I'm impressed. It's not music I can recall ever hearing before, and I like new-to-me stuff. Thanks!
If you used Pandora, you get "new to you" stuff as routine course!:p

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have Tidal and from the main page is DO select an awful lot of new-to-me music. Some I really like and will save it as a favorite. Some of it, I know within seconds that it's just not for me.

I know what Pandora does. I don't need nor do I want some computer algorithm suggesting "music you might also like." That would have kept me from exploring things like Ethiopian jazz, Japanese rock, etc.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Added some classic cartoons to my library!

IMG_1497.JPG

The Foghorn Leghorn disc came with a disclaimer from Warner Bros. about racial and ethnic prejudices that occurred when these cartoons were made (Foghorn Leghorn used the word 'BOY') :rolleyes:

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Added some classic cartoons to my library![/ATTACH]

The Foghorn Leghorn disc came with a disclaimer from Warner Bros. about racial and ethnic prejudices that occurred when these cartoons were made (Foghorn Leghorn used the word 'BOY') :rolleyes:
Excellent taste! I have the Looney Tunes Platinum Collection on Blu-Ray and the Tom & Jerry Collection. I'll have to look into the Foghorn Leghorn disc.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Keep exploring Porcupine Tree and his other solo stuff (also did a nice effort with the Opeth guy for Storm Corrosion)..and he has multi-ch mixes on bluray/dvd that are very nice. He also has done particularly multi-ch remixes for others, check this out https://www.facebook.com/swremixes

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
My birthday present to myself is a Denon AVR-X4400H. Fry's had a one-day personalized promo-code deal dropping the in-store price of NIB units from $1399 to $899. It was a 150 mile round trip but worth it to me. I was actually surprised just how slow it was in there. Anyway, it works great with my Christmas present to myself, my new LG OLED65B7P.

https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avrx4400h

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't buy it, received from Subaru Ambassador program. JBL Clip 2 with "Subaru Ambassador" logo added. Surprisingly nice little portable (had to use another ambassador's image):

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis