What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Did they catch the guys?? Maybe they are on the yard that I work on... :)
They believe they've recovered one item out of hundreds that were taken, and that's pending the completion of the investigation. Officially they haven't told us if they've caught the actual perpetrators, which means whoever turned up with that item probably obtained it either from someone directly involved or someone who has contacts with those involved. They can't tell us anything yet and it has already been a year.

Hope your brother and his woman are doing well, that's a LOT to have going on at one time.

On the UPSIDE, Xmas came early :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I don't think I posted this, but I scored an APC H15 on epray for $60. Should get here today. So long as it works and nothing is sketchy with it, it should be basically my APC S15 without the battery backup.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I honestly thought that I'd cancel the order, but Amazon got them in about a week early...and shipped it before I cancelled. Shucks. :D So, like Rob and Fuzz, I'm going to have one of these soon: Samsung PN64F8500.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Did you watch any of it in 3D? If so, what did you think?
Congrats on the TV.........whether you wanted it or not :p

I watched some Pacific Rim in 3D because I thought I remembered reading that the 3D was pretty good on BD. I didn't watch the whole movie, just 20ish mins due to curiosity, but I thought it looked great. I mean, if 3D isn't your thing then it ain't gonna change your mind, but with the right source material it looks better than I remember 3D TV's looking the last time I went to a store and tried it out.

I'd like to play with the settings a little more because you can adjust how much 3D-ness is applied IIRC, but I walked away wanting to try more of the 3D BD's I have not shrugging my shoulders at it so I guess that's a good sign.

I'm going to try and play with it a little more this weekend to figure out how to use the dang thing.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks! I find myself disappointed that I didn't know that I'd ever have a 3D TV when I was buying movies around Thanksgiving. Oh, well. I've got some that I can check out.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks! I find myself disappointed that I didn't know that I'd ever have a 3D TV when I was buying movies around Thanksgiving. Oh, well. I've got some that I can check out.
For the one's that I have in 3D, I went to Ralph Potts old reviews and found his ratings for 3D (BD reviewer from AVS). He's pretty accurate from my experience, so if you want to know which of the ones you have might be the best to check out first, you can see if he's reviewed it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's a huge jump in price from the 60" to the 64"!
Yup, it has something to do with the the production of plasma panel that didn't make it cost effective to go larger than 70" for the mainstream public IIRC. The bigger the plasma panel the more expensive to make compared to an LCD/LED.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

I had the Doge Challenger SRT (485HP one) on order and was set to go with it. As much as I would have liked the car, the Audi A5 is more me. :) It is fully loaded Premium Plus w/Navigation / Sport / Technology and Black Obsidian 19" Rim package. Much lower on the HP department, it does has everything a techno-gadget fool like me enjoys: Wireless Hotspot, Google MAPS GPS which is really cool. Bang & Olufsen sound system, lane departure warning, ride control HD Radio with Satalite... and the list goes on. Only thing that was bad is I had to buy a set of winter tires as I live in Chicago. It was a new 2014 and Audi was discounting the hell out of the 2014s.

Matt34

Matt34

I had the Doge Challenger SRT (485HP one) on order and was set to go with it. As much as I would have liked the car, the Audi A5 is more me. :) It is fully loaded Premium Plus w/Navigation / Sport / Technology and Black Obsidian 19" Rim package. Much lower on the HP department, it does has everything a techno-gadget fool like me enjoys: Wireless Hotspot, Google MAPS GPS which is really cool. Bang & Olufsen sound system, lane departure warning, ride control HD Radio with Satalite... and the list goes on. Only thing that was bad is I had to buy a set of winter tires as I live in Chicago. It was a new 2014 and Audi was discounting the hell out of the 2014s.
Very nice! Wish they would bring the RS6 to the states, not that I could afford it....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As much as I would have liked the car, the Audi A5 is more me. :)
Congrats - that A5 is gorgeous! Ahem, sorry..."strikingly handsome." :D Growing up, I thought white cars were boring. Now, they're my favorite. I can't tell from the pics, but did you get a pearl/metallic white?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats - that A5 is gorgeous! Ahem, sorry..."strikingly handsome." :D Growing up, I thought white cars were boring. Now, they're my favorite. I can't tell from the pics, but did you get a pearl/metallic white?
I was on the same page as you with the White Color. Was actually thinking of driving 2 hours to get a the same car in the Gray but without the RIMS in Milwaukee, but I really liked the white. It's the upgraded paint

Glacier White Metallic

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just canceled Comcast and scheduled a Verizon installation. Going from 120 Mb/s to 75 Mb/s internet speed. Curious to see the differences as I've read that Comcast bloats their numbers.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Going from 120 Mb/s to 75 Mb/s internet speed.
That's funny to me. Out here in the country, we have DSL only. We're at the end of a line, max distance from an amplifier, and several new developments recently sprung up between us and the amp. Only other option is satellite. We get 4-6Mb/s. :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis