What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just ordered few things from Amazon:

Logitech G502: - The worn-out scrollwheel on my old Performance MX is starting to annoy me too much. Also Wireless is useless for me. I rather have all the other features. Imho For $59.99 this mouse is a great deal.

and Asus RT-AC66R (if I understand correctly it's Best Buy's retail version of RT-AC66U - aka same thing. for $119.99 I think it's a great deal. Already have one - this one will be used upstairs to extend the wifi

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just canceled Comcast and scheduled a Verizon installation. Going from 120 Mb/s to 75 Mb/s internet speed. Curious to see the differences as I've read that Comcast bloats their numbers.
I'm with CV's Trippleplay and upgraded inet to 101/35 mbis package. Actual speeds are closer to 117/40mbis.

btw: If you still have old router - you might have to replace it to be able to use such bandwidth. I trust SmallNetBuilder for routers reviews.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's funny to me. Out here in the country, we have DSL only. We're at the end of a line, max distance from an amplifier, and several new developments recently sprung up between us and the amp. Only other option is satellite. We get 4-6Mb/s. :(
Wow, that sucks. Where I was before I moved we topped out at around 10-15 Mb/s, but my GF's parent's house they only get 3 Mb/s. Needless to say when I'm anywhere but home the internet annoys me.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm with CV's Trippleplay and upgraded inet to 101/35 mbis package. Actual speeds are closer to 117/40mbis.

btw: If you still have old router - you might have to replace it to be able to use such bandwidth. I trust SmallNetBuilder for routers reviews.
I have an AC66U. Should I be using that over the built in wireless router in the verizon modem?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have an AC66U. Should I be using that over the built in wireless router in the verizon modem?
From raw performance standpoint - I think it's a wash (I think FIOS provides a Gig wifi router) and you could get most of benefits (see below) if you use ac66u as an access point :
  • almost unbeatable WiFi Range of AC66
  • ease of administration - including guest wifi, usb/printer sharing
  • usb storage/printer sharing
Now if you use AC66U as a router - you get to play with OpenVPN (very secure and fast protocol for remote access to your network), easy to setup remote access to usb storage and a free DDNS service.

Speaking of VPN - ask me for details if you have T-mobile service. In my case I had to make some changes to APN to make vpn work

btw: If you have AC66 - I highly recommend to download and install latest firmware - Asus is quite proactive with them.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
From raw performance standpoint - I think it's a wash (I think FIOS provides a Gig wifi router) and you could get most of benefits (see below) if you use ac66u as an access point :
  • almost unbeatable WiFi Range of AC66
  • ease of administration - including guest wifi, usb/printer sharing
  • usb storage/printer sharing
Now if you use AC66U as a router - you get to play with OpenVPN (very secure and fast protocol for remote access to your network), easy to setup remote access to usb storage and a free DDNS service.

Speaking of VPN - ask me for details if you have T-mobile service. In my case I had to make some changes to APN to make vpn work

btw: If you have AC66 - I highly recommend to download and install latest firmware - Asus is quite proactive with them.
If it's alright, I'll definitely be PM'ing you with some questions when the swap happens. I'll try to figure out OpenVPN because that definitely sounds like something I could use. Thanks.

Matt34

Matt34

Picked up some weathertech and Husky floormats to compare. One set is going in my truck and the other is going in my parents.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Picked up some weathertech and Husky floormats to compare. One set is going in my truck and the other is going in my parents.
I don't know the Husky mats, but the weathertech are the best investment I ever made.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I finally got serious about the subwoofer thing!
It may have gotten a little out of control... now have dual JL Audio E112's and dual Rythmik E15HP's set up in my living room.

"Somebody stop me!":mad::)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Some seem to like the Huskys, but I have had Weather Techs in all my cars and have been very happy with them and I just bought some for my Dad's 2015 GMC and he was really pleased with them too.

Ordered a bunch of Xmas presents. PS4 for my daughter, which they already received. AVR for dad, bunch of things the chick wanted, etc... Washer and dryer for my son and his family. Some new tires to replace mine that are at the wear indicators... Expensive few days, but all necessary :)

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I finally got serious about the subwoofer thing!
It may have gotten a little out of control... now have dual JL Audio E112's and dual Rythmik E15HP's set up in my living room.

"Somebody stop me!":mad::)
Once you get the taste of 4 subs you're at the point of no return. I ran 4 for a while, now I am down to 2, will be back to 4 soon. So how does it sound???

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Once you get the taste of 4 subs you're at the point of no return. I ran 4 for a while, now I am down to 2, will be back to 4 soon. So how does it sound???
Right now I have it set up to compare one pair vs the other. Gonna keep my mouth shut until I have ruled out variables. Unfortunately that involves swapping positions of the subs to rule out location as the source of differences in sound. At roughly 100 and 75 pounds, I'll probably wait until my daughters boyfriend is over to move them around - at least he'll be good for something (joking, he is a good kid; despite the general misgivings, she could do much worse)!

But I am getting sound that lets me hear deep bass without wallowing in it!

The reason it took me so long was I had been disappointed with my forays with lessor "full size" subs, and found 8"-10" subs behaved better.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Weathertech.. Just don't get the taupe like I did as they're a beeotch to keep clean! 9 years now in my ram 2500 and pretty indestructible :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Right now I have it set up to compare one pair vs the other. Gonna keep my mouth shut until I have ruled out variables. Unfortunately that involves swapping positions of the subs to rule out location as the source of differences in sound. At roughly 100 and 75 pounds, I'll probably wait until my daughters boyfriend is over to move them around - at least he'll be good for something (joking, he is a good kid; despite the general misgivings, she could do much worse)!

But I am getting sound that lets me hear deep bass without wallowing in it!

The reason it took me so long was I had been disappointed with my forays with lessor "full size" subs, and found 8"-10" subs behaved better.
Definitely let us know how they compare. Right now I'm almost finished putting the flat packs together so I'll have dual LMS Ultras and then a dual opposed using UXL-18's in my tiny room. While I 100% don't need anymore output, the smoothing I'll get from the multi-sub setup is worth the time and effort. The only thing I've found is that by using subs of different capabilities and even sound signatures, different EQ is required for both to keep as much balance as possible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis