What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I have an AC66U. Should I be using that over the built in wireless router in the verizon modem?
Absolutely. I also have FiOS and the wifi performance of the Verizon router is not good. I too am thinking of buying a nicer router for better wifi experience.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I've had weathertechs before but have been hearing good things about the Huskys so going to give them both a try.
I live by WeatherTech mats. Had my Infiniti for 3 years before I traded it in and the carpets looked like new when I took them off. They fit like a glove and I never experienced a problem with them keeping all the dirt and water inside the mat, even in winter of ChiBeria 2013/2014, that says a lot.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Geeez, brand new Asus AC66R came with DOA Power supply :mad::oops:
Luckily amazon provides free advance replacement with free ups pickup returns within 30 days.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Geeez, brand new Asus AC66R came with DOA Power supply :mad::oops:
Luckily amazon provides free advance replacement with free ups pickup returns within 30 days.
That seems to be the first complaint / problem that I have ever heard about Asus.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Just got a new Plasma last week. The Samsung 60" 5300B. Great pic after a little cal and best of all I got it for $650.....Nice...:D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
It arrived the other day. Haven't had a chance to even open it :(

This is one of my all time favs! Not just fav anime, but all time fav series!

Wow, the animation, tactfully done CGI, the soundtrack, and a solid and enveloping storyline!!!

I have the complete DVD set. I highly doubt that I will be repurchasing it on Blu Ray though.

But, let us know what you think. And in particular let us know how it compares to the DVD (if you've seen those).

I've mentioned this on AH before. But, if you like Cowboy Bebop then I highly recommend:

1) Samurai Champloo (same guys that did cowboy bebop. good, but not quite as good as CB)
2) Lupin the 3rd (old anime, but you can absolutely see the roots of CB in this work).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This is one of my all time favs! Not just fav anime, but all time fav series!

Wow, the animation, tactfully done CGI, the soundtrack, and a solid and enveloping storyline!!!

I have the complete DVD set. I highly doubt that I will be repurchasing it on Blu Ray though.

But, let us know what you think. And in particular let us know how it compares to the DVD (if you've seen those).

I've mentioned this on AH before. But, if you like Cowboy Bebop then I highly recommend:

1) Samurai Champloo (same guys that did cowboy bebop. good, but not quite as good as CB)
2) Lupin the 3rd (old anime, but you can absolutely see the roots of CB in this work).

My DVD set was stolen last year, so picking this up was a no-brainer for me. I preordered as soon as it became available. I've seen all of Champloo but don't own it and haven't watched Lupin...yet :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, poop happens. I am not upset with Asus for this per-se. I hope replacement will be fine.
replacement AC66R arrived today. As expected this one is 100% fine. updated the F/W and running it as repeater. no issues.
I even have Fire TV Stick powered from one of it's USB ports :)

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
replacement AC66R arrived today. As expected this one is 100% fine. updated the F/W and running it as repeater.
I was looking to get one too but it has too many bad reviews on newegg. The AC66U has better reviews but it is $169.
Decisions, decisions.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I was looking to get one too but it has too many bad reviews on newegg. The AC66U has better reviews but it is $169.
Decisions, decisions.
Extra two days of wait was worth $40 savings for same product. My issue with bad PSU will not likely happen to you.
On side note: This router, thou much less powerful, provides excellent value especially with 3rd party firmware (I checked 4 big ones - all support this router)
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-3-In-1-Wireless-Router-RT-N12/dp/B00DWFPDNO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418945088&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+n12

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Extra two days of wait was worth $40 savings for same product. My issue with bad PSU will not likely happen to you.
On side note: This router, thou much less powerful, provides excellent value especially with 3rd party firmware (I checked 4 big ones - all support this router)
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-3-In-1-Wireless-Router-RT-N12/dp/B00DWFPDNO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418945088&sr=8-1&keywords=asus n12
I also have an Asus router, but I don't remember the model #.

My IT bro-in-law uses the same one and told me to buy this one. I also put Tomato Firmware on it. Tomato has more options and more parameters that you can tweak. A key parameter that I now have that the stock FW did not, is that I can adjust the broadcast power on the WiFi.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well I went and did it.:oops: I got a Acer projector.:eek: The price was too good to pass up, gulp.:cool: I blame fuzz. :p Thanks for the help man.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats AF

On side note: Today got my Logitech G502 which I got earlier. Really nice mouse. Wheel scrolling is much improved.
Custom surface calibration is neat, thou it didn't made big change.
Overall it feels more like fine tuned (cyber) weapon, rather than excel whip.

On bad shopping habits - I have an itch again for new knifes... this time around looking for good value pairing and Yanagiba (sashimi) knifes.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well I went and did it.:oops: I got a Acer projector.:eek: The price was too good to pass up, gulp.:cool: I blame fuzz. :p Thanks for the help man.
I remember this statement.:) >>
"Used From member gladiator335 great deal on the HB-1 MK2 Horn Bookshelf Speaker,
my xmas gift to myself. That's it for gear this year I'm broke."

:D:D:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis