What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got in for the presale for U2 at the Sphere in Vegas!!

I didn't buy them lol. Prices were expected to be high, but they were beyond ridiculous. $950 for average seats, $1450 for good ones, Ticketmaster needs to go out of business.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord

I didn't buy them lol. Prices were expected to be high, but they were beyond ridiculous. $950 for average seats, $1450 for good ones, Ticketmaster needs to go out of business.
Holy crap. That is just nuts. I thought I paid too much for Robert Plant & Alison Krauss and they were under $200 each.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"Holy crap. That is just nuts. I thought I paid too much for Robert Plant & Alison Krauss and they were under $200 each."

I thought I paid too much to see Led Zeppelin in 1973 for $5.50.

Back then I figured a buck at the door should be good enough.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Is there such a thing now as the venue setting prices? If so, what were they initially here?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is there such a thing now as the venue setting prices? If so, what were they initially here?
$140, $300 and $550. These are "presale" meaning they charge based on demand. Then if they don't sell out, they sell at the advertised prices, but these are super high demand and probably will all sell out before they go to the public. Its a scam and as long as people pay it, they will keep doing it. I foresee another class action lawsuit loss for Ticketmaster sometime soon. Clearly they did not learn from losing the last class action suit.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Model? Spec? Inquiring minds...
3.0 premium, auto, stratosphere blue with the driver assist package (HUD, blind spot monitoring, etc). Comes with a complimentary one year membership to NASA (National Auto Sport Association) and one free driving event.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
"Upgraded" the packaging of my TCM Greatest Classic Legends DVD's from single spindle to multi-page spindles, like a book.

IMG_4740.JPG
IMG_4739.JPG
IMG_4741.JPG

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
3.0 premium, auto, stratosphere blue with the driver assist package (HUD, blind spot monitoring, etc). Comes with a complimentary one year membership to NASA (National Auto Sport Association) and one free driving event.
Nice!

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
The 2nd of 4 concerts arrived from my 2023 Dave's Picks subscription.

2023 05 03 14 05 01.jpg

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I just preordered this. 5 Grateful Dead Concerts from 1973 ALAC. The CDs are twice as much and 17 CDs.

I'm waiting for my iPod classic to finally die before I buy FLACs instead but at least now other EQ vendors are frequently able to play ALAC. At least the better stuff.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I just preordered this. 5 Grateful Dead Concerts from 1973 ALAC. The CDs are twice as much and 17 CDs.

I'm waiting for my iPod classic to finally die before I buy FLACs instead but at least now other EQ vendors are frequently able to play ALAC. At least the better stuff.

Why don't you just convert from ALAC to FLAC and vice versa if you need different file types for different devices?

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Why don't you just convert from ALAC to FLAC and vice versa if you need different file types for different devices?

I could but I'm trying to keep it simple.

I have done that but I keep so many version as copy/backups/car/iPod/new music player that it's already a lot. Right now the NAD for my stereo and both my music players can do both so I'm just keep it simple with only two types, standard AAC and ALAC. I doubt I could hear the difference between ALAC and FLAC.

My car can only do mp3 and AAC. ITunes can't do FLAC. When the iPod dies I'll also ditch iTunes for a different music manager and switch to FLAC.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I could but I'm trying to keep it simple.

I have done that but I keep so many version as copy/backups/car/iPod/new music player that it's already a lot. Right now the NAD for my stereo and both my music players can do both so I'm just keep it simple with only two types, standard AAC and ALAC. I doubt I could hear the difference between ALAC and FLAC.

My car can only do mp3 and AAC. ITunes can't do FLAC. When the iPod dies I'll also ditch iTunes for a different music manager and switch to FLAC.
You won't hear a difference between the formats. The only real difference between the two is that their different containers. They're both still lossless so it's more of a compatibility thing than anything.

When you do decide to move to another music manager, there are lots of choices that will support just about any file type you have so you don't really need to worry about converting them to a different format, unless you want to. Some of them will handle that for you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis