What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Also arriving today, courtesy of Bezos:
The Fragile: Deviations 1 https://a.co/d/1zQH2ds
1682176911499.png

Instrumental versions of my fav NIN album, which is great because I love the music, not necessarily Trent’s (sometimes) whiny voice. Now if they would do the same for Halsey’s latest… Anyway, this one is vinyl only, not available streaming.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Got me one of these today.

This is the most impressive Bluetooth speaker I've heard. The amount of bass this little thing is capable of is quite impressive. It is heavy though.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

This is the most impressive Bluetooth speaker I've heard. The amount of bass this little thing is capable of is quite impressive. It is heavy though.
Curious, what's your use for such?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

I've been very impressed with the Extreme 2 I bought last year. My only complaint is that there isn't any EQ feature to adjust some of that Bass. Even the Extreme 2 seems a touch bloaty at times.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I've been preparing for my iPod Classic 7th Gen 160gb drive to start acting up. It doesn't go out anymore. It stays on my bed for reading in bed music. In just the last 2 weeks I've hit it's storage limit and need to prune what I put on it.

About 2 months ago I got this Fiio M11S. I'd give it 4.5 stars. It gets dinged for battery life.

I wanted a dedicated music player.

I wanted really good sound, wired capability, MicroSD slot, tactile controls so that I don't need to take it out of my pocket or turn around in bed to control it, but also strong music sorting. A good DAC of course. FLAC and ALAC capability.

Battery life is disappointing but that seems to be standard these days for higher end players. 14 hours. My iPod Classic in it's prime could do 18 hours, close to 24 hours when I used my powered headphones instead of having the iPod power the headphones. But I'm unlikely to be away from at least a battery pack charger for long.

The supplied ap is good. It does what it needs to do to show my music correctly and sensibly.. I would suggest a few ergonomic changes to the software. But it's an Android so there are lots of other music aps out there.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've been very impressed with the Extreme 2 I bought last year. My only complaint is that there isn't any EQ feature to adjust some of that Bass. Even the Extreme 2 seems a touch bloaty at times.
That's what I like about this one. It's got an EQ app that works pretty well so far.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Curious, what's your use for such?
Basically I use it when I do anything outdoors and want to listen to music. It can be subtle, or it can be loud as hell.

I had considered doing outdoor speakers connected to another system, but I just don't really want to mess with it considering the amount of effort it would actually take. This is much easier and more portable till I figure out something more permanent. The SQ of this thing is much higher than I expected and if I get a second one they let you do stereo pairs. It'd be difficult to recreate that with outdoor speakers. At least the ones I've heard.

I got a deal at $90 off a refurbished unit. Got a 2 year warranty for $20 so if it craps out, I'm covered.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That's what I like about this one. It's got an EQ app that works pretty well so far.
Ah! Iv’e been seriously impressed with what I have, and wanted something smallish for ease of transport. My complaint about it is pretty minor and not too bad. It would be nice if they extended that EQ to other products!!!!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Ah! Iv’e been seriously impressed with what I have, and wanted something smallish for ease of transport. My complaint about it is pretty minor and not too bad. It would be nice if they extended that EQ to other products!!!!
Hmm. The release notes have your model in them. I wonder if only certain speakers get the EQ feature?

Download the JBL Portable app to get the most out of your JBL portable speakers and unlock more features.
Compatible with the following speakers:
- Flip 6, Flip 5, Flip 4, Flip 3
- Charge 5, Charge 4, Charge 3
- Pulse 5, Pulse 4, Pulse 3, Pulse 2
- Xtreme 3, Xtreme 2, Xtreme
- Boombox 3, Boombox 2, Boombox

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hmm. The release notes have your model in them. I wonder if only certain speakers get the EQ feature?

Download the JBL Portable app to get the most out of your JBL portable speakers and unlock more features.
Compatible with the following speakers:
- Flip 6, Flip 5, Flip 4, Flip 3
- Charge 5, Charge 4, Charge 3
- Pulse 5, Pulse 4, Pulse 3, Pulse 2
- Xtreme 3, Xtreme 2, Xtreme
- Boombox 3, Boombox 2, Boombox
I think that's the case. I do have the app installed.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Finally received my new streamer after waiting a couple of months. This is a Holo Audio Red Streamer and DDC. I am just using the streaming functions for now. This is built like a tank and measures better than almost any other streamer out there. And it is red so it looks cool. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis