Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Same here, hopefully my A4A will be my last one. It gets used daily, I can't imagine watching tv or a movie without my surround sound.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wouldn’t mind a new pre pro to go with my MX-A5200. Currently using my Anthem MRX 720. Works just fine but a brand match would be nice, LOL
Yeah. I am sure a lot of people are waiting to see the next Yamaha CX-A AVP. Also hoping it’s around $3K or less. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Same here, hopefully my A4A will be my last one. It gets used daily, I can't imagine watching tv or a movie without my surround sound.
Yeah, unless something else actually really replaces Dolby ATMOS or 4K video, I don’t see the point of getting a new AVR/AVP.

I think we’ve reached a plateau. :D

I guess some people want different room correction for Yamaha (like Dirac). But most people probably don’t care.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, they all need refreshes. Yesterday, I held a box containing a new JBL receiver in white. I really wanted to take it home and experiment with it but I really don’t need another receiver in this house. Maybe if I sell a few of them, starting with the little one eyed devil, I can justify picking up a white JBL unit to brighten up the place. Though, I’m not sure I could part with the Yammy. Too much history.;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, they all need refreshes. Yesterday, I held a box containing a new JBL receiver in white. I really wanted to take it home and experiment with it but I really don’t need another receiver in this house. Maybe if I sell a few of them, starting with the little one eyed devil, I can justify picking up a white JBL unit to brighten up the place. Though, I’m not sure I could part with the Yammy. Too much history.;)
Yeah whatever you do, must keep Yamaha. :D

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
I can't believe it's already been 3 years, and Yamaha hasn't released any new AVR (or AVP) since 2021.
I may trade off my A4A, my Son has A1080. I do miss the front in-puts, the big front display analog inputs for video. How much bigger front display Yamaha could've had if they didn't go with that huge volume knob. Personally it's a waste, don't believe I've ever used it. A1080 does have a bigger power supply than the A4A.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I may trade off my A4A, my Son has A1080. I do miss the front in-puts, the big front display analog inputs for video. How much bigger front display Yamaha could've had if they didn't go with that huge volume knob. Personally it's a waste, don't believe I've ever used it. A1080 does have a bigger power supply than the A4A.
They're both great AVRs, so can't lose either way. :D

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
they need to release a new line with a large LEGIBLE, LCD screen, in the middle of the unit

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I can't believe it's already been 3 years, and Yamaha hasn't released any new AVR (or AVP) since 2021.
But how long since the last AVP? Not ‘21. ;)

Any rumors floating out there? Not just Y, but any buzz from anybody about a processor? ;)

B

bizzibee

Audiophyte
Check your Yamaha Aventage: New firmware update. 2.03
Yamaha have released firmware updates for all their recent Aventage and Video Series AVR's on 2024/07/25 such as:.

RX-A8A/RX-A6A/RX-A4A Firmware Update Ver.2.03

RX-A2A/RX-V6A/TSR-700 Firmware Update Ver.1.68:

RX-V4A/TSR-400 Firmware Update Ver.1.68:

RX-A1080/RX-V1085/RX-A2080/RX-V2085/RX-A3080/RX-V3085 Firmware Update Ver.2.14

RX-V685/RX-A780/RX-A880/TSR-7850/HTR-6072 Firmware Update Ver.2.14

RX-V585/HTR-5072/RX-A680 Firmware Update Ver.1.88

RX-V485/HTR-4072/RX-D485 Firmware Update Ver.1.88

They are all just:

Bug fix & Stability improvement

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
With your knowledge, why did you risk proceeding with a wireless firmware updating?
As long as the update can fail gracefully when updating over WiFi, say, with a bad connection, there should be no problems. At worst you’ll have to try update again.

That said, there are badly written firmware out there.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
With all that empty space on the left side, VU meters! ;)
Yes! VU meters!
I don't know what prompted yamaha to use that design though.

When my rx A3060 goes, It's gonna be a hard decision what to get next. The obvious choice is the A6a, but who knows.. The 3060 has everything I need feature wise. I am starting to itch for an upgrade though.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
There you go.
I don't know what prompted yamaha to use that design.

When my rx A3060 goes, It's gonna be a hard decision what to get next. The Obvious choice is the A6a, but who knows..
I should've went with the A6A, still have no use at all for HDMI 2.1 not a gamer, just that it has bigger power supply, larger capacitors. I believe Andrew aka @AcuDefTechGuy may have sent in some recommendations to Yamaha. Like the new name, A8A, A6A etc. I believe they paid him 10k for those ideas.

Unless I win the lottery, I'll stay with Yamaha.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis