What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
do you like band maid also?
Oh yes, *big* Band-Maid fan. After watching most of their videos (many times) I like them more than BabyMetal. They are all very talented musicians, even Miku who has been playing for the shortest amount of time. I've watched a lot of interviews with the band as well, Miku's travel videos, Kanami's guitar demos and whatever I can find. :D There are loads of videos on YouTube. I only have World Domination right now but I am going to order some of the earlier CDs, concert blue-rays and Unseen World. Would love to see these ladies live!

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up a pair of used logitech harmony remotes, a 650 and a 665 for $60 for the pair. I now have four 665 and one 650 in reserve. I may purchase more.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I used to cycle a lot but car pooling to work put a big dent in that. We were in the Pinery Provincial Park on Lake Huron for a few days this week and we usually bring our bikes with us. Did fine the first day but the hill climbs the next day killed me... so out of shape. Now that my wife is retired I need to get back into cycling to work.

I have a Miele road bike that one of the in-law's tenants left behind. That was a score! Chrome-moly frame, elliptical front sprocket and Shimano derailleurs. It was missing pedals so I just had to buy those and later replaced the rear rim which was steel, so it's all alloy now. That was royal PITA, removing all of the spokes and gear cassette. Front forks are rusty and paint is battered so no-one knows it's a decent bike. :D Thinking about some new bikes as well, though, better suited to hard pack trails. MEC has some really nice light weight bikes. The ones at the bike shops are crazy expensive, like $2k-$5k. I'm not entering a triathlon!
I ride into work every day. It's about 13k each way. Not a huge ride by any means, but I compete against myself every day. Balls to the wall.

My bike is a Marinoni Fango CX (Cyclocross) bike. Basically, it's a road bike with a few differences:

"cyclocross bike will have a higher bottom bracket height relative to a gravel bike, and even a road bike. A cyclocross bike will also have shorter chainstays and a lower stack height, both of which combine for a more aggressive riding position and significantly more agile handling than a gravel bike. This is intentional by design, because the confines of a cyclocross racecourse are incredibly tight, requiring racers to slow down rapidly, roll through a tight turn, and then accelerate up to speed quickly—a process which is repeated ad nauseum throughout multiple laps of a race."

The thing is, I haven't used it for cyclocross yet lol. Only road riding. This fall/winter I plan on doing a race series called "Cross on the rock". Looking forward to it.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Also, just bought a factory refurbished Epson 5050UBe projector straight from Epson Canada. MSRP with taxes is just under 5k$, I got it with taxes in for 3,300$ with free delivery. 2 years manufacturers warranty included. It should be here in 5-6 business days. I'll post pics when it arrives.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up my Iphone12 and retiring my wife's phone that I affectionately call "Big Pink" to backup in case I loose the 12. Im hoping the 12 will allow me to skip 6 new generations of iphone before having to replace it.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
Oh yes, *big* Band-Maid fan. After watching most of their videos (many times) I like them more than BabyMetal. They are all very talented musicians, even Miku who has been playing for the shortest amount of time. I've watched a lot of interviews with the band as well, Miku's travel videos, Kanami's guitar demos and whatever I can find. :D There are loads of videos on YouTube. I only have World Domination right now but I am going to order some of the earlier CDs, concert blue-rays and Unseen World. Would love to see these ladies live!
i was going to japan this year but all that went out the window.
well here's one from the past which youtube keeps suggesting for whatever reason

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
That is a Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean IF251 Bagless Cordless Pet Stick Vacuum

I wouldn't recommend the Dyson stick vacuums just because they apparently have horrible reliability, but when they work are fantastic. Also twice as expensive as the one I got.

My Dyson upright lasted almost 11 years without issue so those are good to go. I say without issue, but I guess mine wasn't low enough to really get the dirt out of my current carpet. Didn't even pick up the carpet in a visible way to know you've been vacuuming. We got the cheap stuff with the intention to replace it since our builder marks up flooring so much.
You probably took your info about the Dyson Cordless Vacuums from Consumer Reports. I saw one of their articles specifying that what caused the most problems on cordless stick vacuum cleaners was the battery.

Anyways, I just bought the Dyson V11 Total Clean Cleaner. This model comes with a plug in battery which you can easily replace for whatever reason if needed. It came with so many attachments. I got it at a $150 discount from Costco. It sucks, in the good sense, and more than the previous models. The new heavier battery charge is good up to one hour on the ECO mode. I like it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You probably took your info about the Dyson Cordless Vacuums from Consumer Reports. I saw one of their articles specifying that what caused the most problems on cordless stick vacuum cleaners was the battery.

Anyways, I just bought the Dyson V11 Total Clean Cleaner. This model comes with a plug in battery which you can easily replace for whatever reason if needed. It came with so many attachments. I got it at a $150 discount from Costco. It sucks, in the good sense, and more than the previous models. The new heavier battery charge is good up to one hour on the ECO mode. I like it.
You are correct, but the 1/3 price I paid for my stick vac makes me happy. I'll likely try the Dyson next if my current one craps out since the battery life is so long. That's the only downside with mine now, but for $230 I can't complain too much.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Ordered another AT85 eliptical cart I previously ordered and really liked it and needed one for my living room setup and I got this crap last night. :eek: :mad:
IMG_29062021_100923_(2300_x_1294_pixel).jpg

Did a return and ordered dos Audio-Technica AT95EX 1/2" Mount Elliptical Stylus cart instead after hearing a sample on YouTube. Seems to have a wide Soundstage, which I remember the AT120 having and loving. Should be here by Friday hopefully.
_20210629_100749.JPG

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered another AT85 eliptical cart I previously ordered and really liked it and needed one for my living room setup and I got this crap last night. :eek: :mad:
View attachment 48765
Did a return and ordered dos Audio-Technica AT95EX 1/2" Mount Elliptical Stylus cart instead after hearing a sample on YouTube. Seems to have a wide Soundstage, which I remember the AT120 having and loving. Should be here by Friday hopefully.
View attachment 48766
WTF is that!?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
WTF is that!?
Some crap named Sonic with a broken needle in a AT conical case. Really weird. Hopefully the 95EX will be an improvement over the really good AT85. If not both go backo.
Also got this for my bedroom vinyl setup an upgrade from the Pyle. Great deal. :p:DAmazon has it for $65.
_20210629_131758.JPG

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
i was going to japan this year but all that went out the window.
well here's one from the past which youtube keeps suggesting for whatever reason

My wife has been to Japan but I have not been there yet. Hope to make the trip some day but it's a very long flight from eastern Canada. That video for Thrill was the one that gained them a lot of international fans. The story goes that someone posted a link to that video on Facebook and it received over 2 million views in a short amount of time. It really boosted their popularity outside of Japan. Two of my personal favorites are the official live instrumental for Onset and the official live video for Domination. They are great live performers.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I like these gals. Nice clean sound. Its too bad I dont understand Japanese.
Hey 3db do you do the YouTube thing? Someone replied back a while ago that they don't listen to music on Youtube and I forgot who. :D

Anywho, just wanted to mention that these ladies are one of the few who subtitle a lot of their official videos. You just need to enable Closed Captioning. I have watched a lot of subtitled anime over the years, so I'm used to Japanese dialogue with subtitles, but I realize that it's not everyone's bag. For those interested it's nice to be able to see the translation. There are also instrumentals like the one for Onset that I linked to above. ;)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I ride into work every day. It's about 13k each way. Not a huge ride by any means, but I compete against myself every day. Balls to the wall.

My bike is a Marinoni Fango CX (Cyclocross) bike. Basically, it's a road bike with a few differences:

"cyclocross bike will have a higher bottom bracket height relative to a gravel bike, and even a road bike. A cyclocross bike will also have shorter chainstays and a lower stack height, both of which combine for a more aggressive riding position and significantly more agile handling than a gravel bike. This is intentional by design, because the confines of a cyclocross racecourse are incredibly tight, requiring racers to slow down rapidly, roll through a tight turn, and then accelerate up to speed quickly—a process which is repeated ad nauseum throughout multiple laps of a race."

The thing is, I haven't used it for cyclocross yet lol. Only road riding. This fall/winter I plan on doing a race series called "Cross on the rock". Looking forward to it.
Nice, my work is about 10k each way but I can stretch that out if I use city bike paths. Have not looked at any cyclocross bikes, sounds interesting. There is an annual ride that goes from London to GrandBend and back, about 67km each way. Would like to work my endurance up to that level again. I could have done that 10 years ago. We did the rails to trails route around Guelph back then and my wife and kids got tuckered out. I had to double back and get the car to rescue them but they always complain that's not fair that I have a lighter bike. :D

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Some crap named Sonic with a broken needle in a AT conical case. Really weird. Hopefully the 95EX will be an improvement over the really good AT85. If not both go backo.
Also got this for my bedroom vinyl setup an upgrade from the Pyle. Great deal. :p:DAmazon has it for $65.
View attachment 48777
Well, that sucks but I am glad you are able to return it!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Two BabyMetal CDs. Probably my last purchase as I'll likely watch the blue-ray more and it's a bit of a metal phase I'm going through. Still wanted to support the band though as I got so much enjoyment from the YouTube videos. Now I can expand my Band-Maid collection!
20210629_165135.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis