What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Something similar exists for my cars. Subframe "lockdown" it is called, but it makes the ride a bit harsher. The hatch I just picked up had a few nifty options installed:

My sedan has very little suspension wise that hasn't been touched. Most bushings replaced with SuperPro poly ones, swaybars and endlinks, 12 way adjustable coilovers designed by my friend's shop specifically for this car, AP brakes w/2 piece DBA rotors, sst lines, etc...

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Something similar exists for my cars. Subframe "lockdown" it is called, but it makes the ride a bit harsher. The hatch I just picked up had a few nifty options installed:

My sedan has very little suspension wise that hasn't been touched. Most bushings replaced with SuperPro poly ones, swaybars and endlinks, 12 way adjustable coilovers designed by my friend's shop specifically for this car, AP brakes w/2 piece DBA rotors, sst lines, etc...
How much stuff are you able to save from the old car for use on the new one?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

I'm heading that way too with the swaybars, endlinks, bushing collars, coils, etc.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How much stuff are you able to save from the old car for use on the new one?
Since it is a different generation, not too much was able to be reused. Old car was 2004, new car is 2010. Can't reuse any of the suspension, which is most of the important stuff from the old car. I had just bought DBA4000 rotors, Hawk pads, and Goodridge SST lines which are now useless and I will likely have to sell them. Good news is, I already sold basically all of those suspension components. New car already has nice rotors and Hawk pads though. Mostly things like my Optima red top and other common parts like carbon fiber covers, turbo heat shield, shift knob.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I've never used hawk pads. Usually go with Akebono ceramics, that's what I did when the brakes needed replacing with this car: Raybestos rotors and Akebono pads.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've never used hawk pads. Usually go with Akebono ceramics, that's what I did when the brakes needed replacing with this car: Raybestos rotors and Akebono pads.
I have used them in the past and wasn't impressed with Hawks. They released a new version their street pad and my friend's shop said they were improved from the old ones so I was going to try them out. I used Akebono on my previous cars and like them, currently on my sedan are Project MU I believe. I think MU and Akebono were created by the same guy lol.

These are my calipers/rotors. 6 pot front, 4 pot rear

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Got one of these recently after reading what these might do compared to the stones I'd been using but wanted to cook some before I posted....gotta say these are better than the stones, much better results. I'm sold.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
20210604_081337.jpg

Galaxy Active 2. New it's 350$ plus tax. Found one on FB Marketplace. The guy wanted 200$. He had it for about 2 months, then he had to switch to an Apple iPhone for work. The Samsung worked OK, but not great with the iPhone. I offered him 150$ for it. Initially he declined. I told him if he hasn't sold it in a week or so, that my offer still stands. He got back to me 2 days later and said sure. I met him this morning and picked it up. Very happy with my purchase.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Umik-1 from Solen in Quebec. Have to clean up a laptop that I was given and then lots of reading on REW. Might be a while before I actually get to use it.
20210604_144215.jpg

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Umik-1 from Solen in Quebec. Have to clean up a laptop that I was given and then lots of reading on REW. Might be a while before I actually get to use it.
View attachment 48292
You should check if the sound chip in the laptop as ASIO drivers as that well let you test each speaker in a multi channel setup. With the default Java driver in REW you can only check L, R and L+R.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
You should check if the sound chip in the laptop as ASIO drivers as that well let you test each speaker in a multi channel setup. With the default Java driver in REW you can only check L, R and L+R.
Going to try the latest ASIO4ALL driver.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
First time getting one of these and recieved last night. $10 Everything is dailed in and more acurate on my TT. o_O Nice case too.
_20210605_095724.JPG

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered from the UK because Triumph USA won't sell them here in the USA. Bought Saturday, received Friday. High quality aluminum body. Unfortunately it seems I need the relay that a lot of bikes don't need. No scrolling, just fast blink.

Attachments

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I bought the SACD volumes 3, 4 and 5 of "Ludwig van Beethoven: Complete Piano Sonatas" by Igor Tchetuev, issued by the Russian label Caro Mitis. From before I've volume 1 and 2. The last volume, no 6, I've been unable to buy in EU, but should look harder.

Caro Mitis appears to not have released anything after 2012 or so. I bought from www.jpc.de.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm splurging on a new DAC (RME ADI-2-DAC FS) for my desktop system that has a much more powerful headphone amp to drive my 250 Ohms Beyerdynamics than my MOTU M2 that outputs 23 mW into 250 Ohm. The MOTU M2 is a very nice audio interface and I'm still going to use it on my desktop for my microphones, and if I've bought the MOTU M4 I could just have bought a headphone amp and connected it to the line out.

Ideally I want just one device on my desktop to handle my speakers, headphones and microphones. RME has a new audio interface RME Fireface UCX II as a single desktop device that I seriously considered as it even has AES digital out to my Genelec monitors.

What the RME ADI-2-DAC FS has that I want is their dynamic loudness where the amount of added loudness varies with the volume level. You set the reference level where max loudness (configurable) is added and during the next 20 dB increase of volume less and less loudness is added. I'm looking forward to try this out. The ADI-2-DAC even has 5 parametric EQ filters along with a low and high shelf filter. This could be very useful for my monitors but I already use Genelec GLM to calibrate them.

AG_RME_ADI-2_DAC_Perspective_Remote.jpg

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
20210616_182455.jpg

20210616_185933.jpg

20210616_185926.jpg

There we go. Got them to upload. Set them up. Need to calibrate them, but they sounded very good watching Loki tonight.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis