What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Hey, you got your new speakers finally! Congrats!
Thanks man. I was like a kid in a candy store last night. Got them all set up, but didn't have time to run YPAO on the AVR yet. Probably tonight when I get home from work. I cant believe the size of the 600C. It's enormous.

Also got my 110" acoustically transparent screen from Amazon yesterday. I won't get a chance to set that up until Saturday or Sunday at the earliest.

Next up on the upgrade list is the projector.
I've got a line on an Epson 5050 for about 1400$ off of MSRP. Just need to pull the trigger on it.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks man. I was like a kid in a candy store last night. Got them all set up, but didn't have time to run YPAO on the AVR yet. Probably tonight when I get home from work. I cant believe the size of the 600C. It's enormous.

Also got my 110" acoustically transparent screen from Amazon yesterday. I won't get a chance to set that up until Saturday or Sunday at the earliest.

Next up on the upgrade list is the projector.
I've got a line on an Epson 5050 for about 1400$ off of MSRP. Just need to pull the trigger on it.
Looking forward to seeing the results.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
BabyMetal concert from Budokan Japan. Guess I know what I'll be watching tonight. Amazon had to ship from Switzerland but at $18.95 the price couldn't be beat.
20210618_115037.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Was at Walmart and picked this up $12ish. It's 34.99 on AmZon website with great reviews. Always wanted to try Altec Bluetooth speaker. Win Win.
IMG_21062021_180036_(2300_x_1294_pixel).jpg

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Got a good deal on a Crown xls1502 for 350 with a 6 year warranty. I converted to external amp for my subwoofer after burning 2 $600 Dayton plate amps in less than a year.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I did 48 miles today on the bike wearing these baboon pants (if you turn them inside out and put them on, the red padding makes one look like they have a baboon's ass) and my ass is no longer crying.
What bike are you riding and how long you been riding?

48 miles is pretty dang good! I would have to assume a road bike for that kind of mileage.

I've maxed out at about 30 on the road and about 18 on the trails.

I would like to do the MS 150 as a bucket list item. It's a 2 day ride/race from Houston to Austin (at least that is what it used to be, I think they may have added alternate routes in the last few years)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
What bike are you riding and how long you been riding?

48 miles is pretty dang good! I would have to assume a road bike for that kind of mileage.

I've maxed out at about 30 on the road and about 18 on the trails.

I would like to do the MS 150 as a bucket list item. It's a 2 day ride/race from Houston to Austin (at least that is what it used to be, I think they may have added alternate routes in the last few years)
Ive only seriously started riding this season. Im going through a deep anger phase in my mourning of my wife and that and kayaking is keeping me from doing something REALLY stupid out of anger. My short term goal is to hit a 100km or 63 miles. I figure, Im only 2 more tries from reaching that goal.

The bike is a Bianchi Project2 which is a hybrid bike, good for groomed trails (95% of what Im riding now) and road.The bike is older than dirt. Im looking at a Trek Dual Sport 4 which must be close to being 10lbs lighter than the Bianchi, has only one chain ring and 11 gears at the back, disc brakes and lockable shocks. Like everything up here in Canuckistan, everything is in short supply so I will wait until next season to get one.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Ive only seriously started riding this season. Im going through a deep anger phase in my mourning of my wife and that and kayaking is keeping me from doing something REALLY stupid out of anger. My short term goal is to hit a 100km or 63 miles. I figure, Im only 2 more tries from reaching that goal.

The bike is a Bianchi Project2 which is a hybrid bike, good for groomed trails (95% of what Im riding now) and road.The bike is older than dirt. Im looking at a Trek Dual Sport 4 which must be close to being 10lbs lighter than the Bianchi, has only one chain ring and 11 gears at the back, disc brakes and lockable shocks. Like everything up here in Canuckistan, everything is in short supply so I will wait until next season to get one.
I completely understand! I lost my Dad a couple months back, and the middle of June happens to be fathers day, my dad's birthday, and the time that my mom passed several years ago. Tough times, and 100+ degree weather and 70% humidity in TX now.

I was really feeling down earlier this week. I forced myself to get in 7 miles biking towards dusk when it is "only" 90 degrees, and even halfway through I was already feeling much better. Been toughing it out every day to ride since then, it reminded me that biking isn't only for my physical health. I have also gotten to the point that I enjoy working on my bikes too. When I'm working on my bikes, I tell the wife "I am training for my retirement" ;)

1x drivetrains are great for offroad! Disc brakes are a must, way better performance than rim brakes, esp in poor conditions. As far as a suspension fork, I personally only use air-sprung forks now. I would rather have a rigid fork than a mediocre coil fork. But, I'm also a heavy weight rider, and I ride rougher trails than you.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Oh yeah, that Trek looks like a much nicer bike, and the geo looks more oriented towards trail than road.

You are doing it right though. Start with what you have and ride it! That is most important, just go pedal.

Once you do upgrade, then you will have a better appreciation for what performance and comfort the extra $ really buys.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Ive only seriously started riding this season. I'm going through a deep anger phase in my mourning of my wife and that and kayaking is keeping me from doing something REALLY stupid out of anger. My short term goal is to hit a 100km or 63 miles. I figure, I'm only 2 more tries from reaching that goal.

The bike is a Bianchi Project2 which is a hybrid bike, good for groomed trails (95% of what I'm riding now) and road.The bike is older than dirt. I'm looking at a Trek Dual Sport 4 which must be close to being 10lbs lighter than the Bianchi, has only one chain ring and 11 gears at the back, disc brakes and lockable shocks. Like everything up here in Canuckistan, everything is in short supply so I will wait until next season to get one.
I used to cycle a lot but car pooling to work put a big dent in that. We were in the Pinery Provincial Park on Lake Huron for a few days this week and we usually bring our bikes with us. Did fine the first day but the hill climbs the next day killed me... so out of shape. Now that my wife is retired I need to get back into cycling to work.

I have a Miele road bike that one of the in-law's tenants left behind. That was a score! Chrome-moly frame, elliptical front sprocket and Shimano derailleurs. It was missing pedals so I just had to buy those and later replaced the rear rim which was steel, so it's all alloy now. That was royal PITA, removing all of the spokes and gear cassette. Front forks are rusty and paint is battered so no-one knows it's a decent bike. :D Thinking about some new bikes as well, though, better suited to hard pack trails. MEC has some really nice light weight bikes. The ones at the bike shops are crazy expensive, like $2k-$5k. I'm not entering a triathlon!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis