What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Full 3" cat back for the wagon :)

Son's friend wrecked his car unfortunately, but I was able to grab all the seats from it. Former owner of my car was a smoker and with these seats the smell is almost completely gone now.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Marantz NR1609 - Slim AVR
- Wanted a low profile AVR for the family room
- Really wanted to try Yamaha, but Multizone, dual sub outs, and went with this unit
- Only going to run 3.1 current in family room, possibly 5.1 will use other 2 channels to drive 2 patio speakers
- I am surprised how heavy this thin unit is, its basically the same as my NR1608 I have in my bedroom
- Going to sell my 30.4 Integra, which has worked perfectly for the past 4 years.
IMG_2648.JPG

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
ONN, 50" 4K,. Picked this unit up tonight it's Not a Smart TV meaning no apps built in or WIFI. Colors are accurate blacks are really nice. Paid 228.00, w/tax 249.00. needless to say I'm impressed for a cheap TV. The ONN brand exclusively made for Walmart. Back in 2011 I paid over 1800 for a Samsung 51" plasma that crapped out in less than two years. $249.00!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
So, this happened at the flea market today: o_O
flea_market_fresh.jpg

Told my wife, "you know, some poor old guy probably passed away and his peeps didn't know what half this stuff was and wanted it out the house. Someday that will be me I suppose." I figured it wasn't much of a gamble (it cost less than the breakfast we had earlier!) and the amp was worth a good bit if it worked. It would break my heart to think t might end up in a dumpster.

Just got done testing... the preamp works but has a buzz. Probably a bad ground somewhere but I'm not going to pursue it. That amp though... it works and it's a BEAST. I'm listening to it right now in place of my Outlaw 2200's. Still going to sell it, but not right away...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
View attachment 28784

Told my wife, "you know, some poor old guy probably passed away and his peeps didn't know what half this stuff was and wanted it out the house. Someday that will be me I suppose." I figured it wasn't much of a gamble (it cost less than the breakfast we had earlier!) and the amp was worth a good bit if it worked. It would break my heart to think t might end up in a dumpster.

Just got done testing... the preamp works but has a buzz. Probably a bad ground somewhere but I'm not going to pursue it. That amp though... it works and it's a BEAST. I'm listening to it right now in place of my Outlaw 2200's. Still going to sell it, but not right away...
Nice find so how much? Those carver amps could really put out some juice.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
$30 for both pieces. :eek: I mean cosmetically it's a 5/10(looks its age). The VU meters work but the lamps are burnt out. But she breathes fire!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
$30 for both pieces. :eek: I mean cosmetically it's a 5/10(looks its age). The VU meters work but the lamps are burnt out. But she breathes fire!
NIce and you can always replace the lamps if you even want to.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I just got my new black Fedora to go with my black trench coat. I felt like Indiana, but sadly looked more like that Nazi guy with the headpiece burned into his hand with my glasses. :D (I bought it because I liked the Bogart look, although the Indy look shows Fedoras never really go out of style).

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
View attachment 28784

I got first dibs on the Carver amp!!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
WOW! That thing looks brand new. And all the noise reduction goodies. I hope that thing sounds as good as it looks and I'm betting it does. Nice...
Thankyou. It does sound really good. I have 3 other Yamaha cassette decks all with Dolby B, C, and DBX2. I record and playback using DBX2 which gives me a SNR of greater than 95 db. Some people insist that there is a pumping effect of loudness with dbx2, especially with classical music. I put that to the test and none of my decks have ever produced that pumping effect with dbx2 engaged. There is no high frequency roll off either like there is with Dolby B and C

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You're gonna laugh but I picked up one of these. And I love it.
jensen portable radio.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/JENSEN-SR-50-Portable-Digital-Radio/dp/B0725XQ9XK/ref=sr_1_5?hvadid=243353797128&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9027906&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=7818217498151651247&hvtargid=aud-647846986281:kwd-418448284697&keywords=jensen+am/fm+portable+radio&qid=1553568153&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Before you laugh too hard, consider this:

1) I live in area where FM radio is pretty much non-existent.

2) We also travel extensively.

Due to item 1, I pretty much depend on the "Tunein" app/program for FM. This radio can lock into any local stations where we spend the night and, once I find one, can program it into Tunein and have access to it anywhere. It's great but it seems that Iheart radio stations aren't available on Tunein.

I've developed quite a selection of radio stations from across the country.

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Heh we'll see! I'm debating between selling it as it is for relatively cheap or getting the chassis refresh service by Carver Repair to bring it back to as-new standard. Tough choice!
I had the TFM-35 in the mid 90's wish I still had it. Don't blame you if you keep it. Let's say it cost 4 bills to bring it up to as new condition still last another 20 years.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Didn't buy recently, but found it in a box in my office closet (lots of stuff left un-organized after the move 2 years ago). Got it from my grandpa before he passed.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Drat. I was finally going to pull the trigger on the cheaper Pioneer DAP (XPD-30R) today and they are out of stock. Oh well saved me $170.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis