What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
We converted a patio to an enclosed sunroom about 2 yrs ago and with the grilling pad that I shared on here some time back, it's pretty close to entertain ready this year...we've had a few outings and I've come to realize we didn't have a decent liquor cabinet...nothing worthy of sipping or drinking neat.

So...I've been educating myself on mid and upper level liquor...my goal is to have one good mid level and one upper level...my 1st two spirits researching have been Scotch, and Tequlia. Last week I made my 1st purchase.

View attachment 28019

There are 4 classes of Tequlia and they're basically age distinctions.

Blanco...maybe 25 days
Reposado...up to a yr
Anejo...1 + up to 3 yr
Extra Anejo...3+ yrs

I'm admittedly new at this, but in my experience Blanco (even the pricer ones) the alcohol burn makes them more of a mixer, maybe on ice, but not neat. Espolon is a good Blanco fairly cheap.

Resposado is where most would start with as a sipper in the Tequlia family...Casa Noble takes this Resposado to 364 days in the barrel and it's among the smoother Tequilas...scoring in the 90s. Neat...it's great, but does have some heat, with an ice cube, it smoothes out the finish.

Anejo is a noticeable step up in class, smoother from start to finish...a wee hint of some warmth at the end but the finish is worth it...this is neat worthy.

For comparison, I have had Clas Azul...Resporado...beautiful bottle, pricy and the contents deliver, sweeter than Casa Noble's more nutty Resporado. Considering I got both of these higher rated Tequlias for the cost of just the one bottle of the Clase Azul, I think I did okay...when I find the Casa Noble's Single barrel Extra Anejo...that will go in the decanter in my office.
It doesn't come in a fancy bottle with a snazzy name on it but if you have a Costco membership then give their Kirkland Silver a try. I think it compares with Patron Silver.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
It doesn't come in a fancy bottle with a snazzy name on it but if you have a Costco membership then give their Kirkland Silver a try. I think it compares with Patron Silver.
They kill me with these bottles...my gosh! I understand you're trying to charge a premium for something, but the content is what we want!

Muchote has the right concept. Great Tequila, simple bottle, affordable price.

Noted on the Kirkland...Fabrica de Tequilas Finos

This is the company behind Kirkland Tequila. Silver or Blanco is more of a mixer for me, so price is bigger factor....will check it out next time I'm there.

2channel lover

I picked up this last night to bring along to a Scotch tasting party happening Saturday evening.

View attachment 28053
This one is on the lighter side which is great for scotch newbies, but either way, it sounds like you're in for a pretty good evening.

Yesterday I lucked out.

Was able to pick up a bottle of Glenmorangie 18 yr scotch and the Casa Noble Extra Anejo single barrel...both on sale! Maybe for the superbowl or something, but a lot of their top shelf stuff was $20-$30 off.

S

speakernoob

Enthusiast
I'm so confused on why people are posting pictures of CDs and currently struggling on how to plug cables from my speakers to a sound box thing can anyone direct me to a forum that would help me.

2channel lover

I'm so confused on why people are posting pictures of CDs and currently struggling on how to plug cables from my speakers to a sound box thing can anyone direct me to a forum that would help me.
There is a beginner folder...that would be a great place to start...for the best results...give as much info as possible.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I finally broke down and ordered these: Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee
I hope I like em.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Excited to join the HiRes audio / SACD club wit hthe new Wish You Were Here and and a copy of Dark Side (en route). Small potatoes, but my ears are feasting!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Been on some kind of buying kick lately, eh? Nothing wrong with that!!
Lol, sort of. The Festool boxes had a domino joiner and two boxes worth of dominos, plus a longer track. These were purchased with a specific project in mind. I'm going to try and build a dining room table and needed a way to combine the slabs for the top. I'll also probably use it for the legs too, and I guess it is inevitable some speaker projects would get the domino treatment too.

The amplifier was long overdue. Both of my big multi-channel amps need some work and my HT room is basically out of commission until I got those done. However, I'm not sure I want to dump money into one of them so I bought the Outlaw to hold me over until I decided what to do with it. The other one I am going to ship out eventually for a full cap replacement.

Since I'm already here, I may as well also drop this here

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Lol, sort of. The Festool boxes had a domino joiner and two boxes worth of dominos, plus a longer track. These were purchased with a specific project in mind. I'm going to try and build a dining room table and needed a way to combine the slabs for the top. I'll also probably use it for the legs too, and I guess it is inevitable some speaker projects would get the domino treatment too.

The amplifier was long overdue. Both of my big multi-channel amps need some work and my HT room is basically out of commission until I got those done. However, I'm not sure I want to dump money into one of them so I bought the Outlaw to hold me over until I decided what to do with it. The other one I am going to ship out eventually for a full cap replacement.

Since I'm already here, I may as well also drop this here

What is that unit? Sorry, but I don't recognize it.

As for the Fesstool, I had bought my son a Porter Cable 557 biscuit joiner with a huge bag of all different size biscuits. I can of course use it anytime, just as he can borrow my full kit Feintool Multimaster. He's building a shop now to be able to build his own dining room table and chairs. Speakers will be on our list of projects.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
What is that unit? Sorry, but I don't recognize it.

As for the Fesstool, I had bought my son a Porter Cable 557 biscuit joiner with a huge bag of all different size biscuits. I can of course use it anytime, just as he can borrow my full kit Feintool Multimaster. He's building a shop now to be able to build his own dining room table and chairs. Speakers will be on our list of projects.
I probably have the same porter cable biscuit joiner you got him. However, I got the domino joiner for larger stuff and that would undergo more wear and tear, like tables, chairs, etc. Fein is definitely one of the better, if not the best multi-tool. I know I love mine and have been floating the idea of getting the cordless one since it can be such a pain to run extension cords and base on reviews it performs just as well as the corded version.

That picture is of a glowforge laser cutter/engraver. It's definitely more of a hobbyist machine even though it's the "pro" model, but it's also thousands less than a professional laser cutter/engraver from other companies. I figure if I can get it running and figure out the software, maybe I can at least cover the cost of the machine doing an odd job here and there, while also making a few cool things for myself as well. One item on the agenda once it arrives is possibly making wedding coasters for my friend who is getting married. He would do a drawing of him and his wife and I'd engrave it with their names and wedding date. Should be a lot of fun.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Visited my dealer today to pick up something they'd gifted me, the coffee table book "KEF: 50 Years Of Innovation In Sound." While there, it seems something found it's way onto the sales counter. OK, so I had sat in front of a demo unit for the previous 45 minutes playing with one. It sure outperforms the Bluesound Powernode 2 it replaces!
M10_installed.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought my last upgrade to my system .... used PSB Subsonic 6 dual ported with a 12" driver to replace the PSB Subsonic 5 in my 2nd system. The Subsonic 5 replaces the Energy XS-8 8" sub in the bedroom.

1549888290479.png

Mid-Fi

Mid-Fi

Audioholic Intern
Recently purchased a Steinberg UR RT 4 audio interface.
I like it. It replaced my previous Steinberg UR 28M. Which was also great.(and still is, I just wanted 4 pre-amps in and also wanted to try out the Rupert Neve "Mojo" that's in them.)
It's pretty good no complaints.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I bought my last upgrade to my system .... used PSB Subsonic 6 dual ported with a 12" driver to replace the PSB Subsonic 5 in my 2nd system. The Subsonic 5 replaces the Energy XS-8 8" sub in the bedroom.

View attachment 28188
I notice in your signature that you are running cassettes in all three systems!
I assume you never stopped using them, so wonder how you manage your cassettes over decades. Do you find the old ones failing? If so, what type of lifespan do you experience with a cassette.
I ask because I have a ton of cassettes from the early 80's in storage that I suspect are trash. I assume the tape has become somewhat brittle and there would be oxidation of the magnetic particles.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis