What is your favourite release?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I have that CD, but on the Vinyl, LP
There are a few songs on it that are not on CD. But I could be wrong don't take that as a quote from any source that I have read.
I've placed an order. Will let you know.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I've placed an order. Will let you know.
It's Pop from the 70's, laid back and easy going music. I found most of the recordings to be very well engineered. The arrangements means Richard hand picked the musicians. Now A&M records was owned or partially owned by Herb Alpert, famous trumpet player back in the gap. So he also knew what it took to put together the right musicians with the right arrangements. If you can find that live performance by the two when they were in Japan you'll surly enjoy Karen's natural voice without studio recording influence. Plus she wasn't going through her anorexia at the time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you liked Hendrix' Electric Ladyland might check out the latest release, the 50th Anniversary box set (in my case specifically the CD/Blu-ray set, vinyl doesn't appeal).

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
If you liked Hendrix' Electric Ladyland might check out the latest release, the 50th Anniversary box set (in my case specifically the CD/Blu-ray set, vinyl doesn't appeal).
Thank you, I will. I just listened to an old record the other day, I have a feeling his music is too demanding for the vinyl. I might be wrong, but there's a lot of noise and distortion which is part of his music and his way of playing, I feel that vinyl is struggling with that.

I'll gladly lend an ear to the new release. Did you find any info on the source, is it from the original master tapes?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you, I will. I just listened to an old record the other day, I have a feeling his music is too demanding for the vinyl. I might be wrong, but there's a lot of noise and distortion which is part of his music and his way of playing, I feel that vinyl is struggling with that.

I'll gladly lend an ear to the new release. Did you find any info on the source, is it from the original master tapes?
I just wouldn't buy vinyl again but not because of the music, just don't see the value in the vinyl when I can have digital (the vinyl was 2x the price, too). My favorite part is the multi-ch mix on the blu-ray :) Yes, a remix plus extra material from the tapes (two extra cd's of content beyond the remixed original album) and a concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Here's the details https://www.jimihendrix.com/news/the-jimi-hendrix-experience-electric-ladyland-deluxe-edition-50th-anniversary-box-set-out-november-9th/

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I just wouldn't buy vinyl again but not because of the music, just don't see the value in the vinyl when I can have digital (the vinyl was 2x the price, too). My favorite part is the multi-ch mix on the blu-ray :) Yes, a remix plus extra material from the tapes (two extra cd's of content beyond the remixed original album) and a concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Here's the details https://www.jimihendrix.com/news/the-jimi-hendrix-experience-electric-ladyland-deluxe-edition-50th-anniversary-box-set-out-november-9th/
Thanks!!

I didn't actually buy a vinyl of Jimi Hendrix, it was in the collection my father left me. Rather new, from this century and very well kept. My father wasn't big of a fan of Hendrix thus not much wear and tear. Still, it's noisy, there is a lot going on so I think tracking is not very successful.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is that Electric Ladyland or another albun?

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Is that Electric Ladyland or another albun?

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
No, no, it is Kiss The Sky:
1566297443622.png
"Special Edition Audiophile Quality Digitally Re-Mastered From Original Vault Tapes 150g vinyl"

And also available on High-Quality Cassette :D:D:D:D

Joking aside, this should play nice, but what I'm getting at is the noisy nature of the music itself would make tracking difficult.

Playing this, for example:
1566297832085.png
Black Wonderful Life, it's a small task, very comfortable, so to speak, for the needle of the cartridge and sounds just lovely.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
View attachment 30652
"Special Edition Audiophile Quality Digitally Re-Mastered From Original Vault Tapes 150g vinyl"

Joking aside, this should play nice, but what I'm getting at is the noisy nature of the music itself would make tracking difficult.

View attachment 30653
Black Wonderful Life, it's a small task, very comfortable, so to speak, for the needle of the cartridge and sounds just lovely.
Analog, when done up right is very enjoyable. Have you seen any of TLS Guy's threads about his thoughts on analog gear? If your interested hit him up with a inbox. You may be able to pickup some great tips from him. Dudes got some TT's that are refurbished in near pristine condition. Just don't mention you like AVR's you'll set him off. ;)

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
View attachment 30652

View attachment 30653
Umm.. you do know that they have 180g virgin vinyl out now, it's a heavier vinyl and comes in multiple colors, from red, clear, to just about any color you want. Kind of like well, black but without the smell of cheap tire rubber..:p;). PS, oh I forgot to mention that there also coming out with, Vinyl D. I believe I read that here on AH? Anyways it's a digital press vinyl. From my take, it's a vinyl LP, but the pickup, where the cartridge would be mounted on a tonearm. Will be a laser pick up or something like that, supposed to be safe cause you know your not supposed to look directly at the laser beam cause you can fry your retinas in the back of your eyes. Yeah they going that route I think because diamond needles are getting too expensive. Should be a huge improvement, no dragging in the grooves to wear down the vinyl from the diamond needle. :p;).

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Umm.. you do know that they have 180g virgin vinyl out now, it's a heavier vinyl and comes in multiple colors, from red, clear, to just about any color you want. Kind of like well, black but without the smell of cheap tire rubber..:p;)
I don't have a proper cartridge to play color vinyl. :D:D:D

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I don't have a proper cartridge to play color vinyl. :D:D:D
Lmao!! Your roll is cool man, some in here wouldn't get that kind of humor. I edit my other post...lol was going to put Vinyl HDP, high definition press , 200g virgin vinyl. Lolo.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
View attachment 30652

View attachment 30653
I don't think I have that on LP but would have to double check but I've never worried about playing Hendrix on my tt (but I haven't ever had the cartridge/warp/tracking issues like you've reported either).

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@Phase 2 It arrived. I'm amazed with how good this sound. It's not material I'd usually sit down to listen to, but the production quality mesmerizes. It's like 3 times better than what I'd expect even when you said it sounded good. Funny Beatles cover.

Also, I got the CD in the end.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Boy you vinyl heads are gonna love this ... not. :p
Yeah, especially like that part about 4:30 in where it shows the counterweight of a tonearm handling the electrical signal from the pickup. LOL. It was only at that point I realized I'd seen it before....

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks. I doubt you'll find vinylheads in AH, though.
I think you'd be surprised. Not as many as the Steve Hoffman Forums but we have our share.

Personally I don't get it. I realize the human ear prefers an analog recording but ...

I still have nightmares about that analog hum in the background of my youth, even though I had decent equipment back then with my Dual turntable and Shure cartridges in the early 70's.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I see you guys were talking about Jimi Hendrix. For a limited time I'm posting my all time favorite Hendrix release, SQ (sound quality) wise and track selections.
https://tinyurl.com/y3k9cd75

Get her while she's hot. Enjoy!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis