What are you watching tonight?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Warrior (2019) is pretty good. It's based on Bruce Lee's writings. A bit cheesy at times, but mostly decent effort to marry kung-fu and peaky blinders in San Frans

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Warrior (2019) is pretty good. It's based on Bruce Lee's writings. A bit cheesy at times, but mostly decent effort to marry kung-fu and peaky blinders in San Frans
Yeah, I'm digging this show from Cinemax too. They already renewed Season 2. :D

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting, them cats were fast as lightning. 70's was good man.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Well now that I have to wait a week for the next episode of GOT I guess I'll watch the NBA Playoffs tonight and try to mix in some Bosch on Prime during the afternoons.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I hope the release this in 4k Bluray, could really use some HDR in the darker scenes or something. It's just too dark to watch in a lit room and I have newer 4k TVs
Yeah, GOT S08E03 is so intense filled with high anxiety.

I guess the darkness added to the anxiety and intensity of the scenes.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, GOT S08E03 is so intense filled with high anxiety.

I guess the darkness added to the anxiety and intensity of the scenes.
It did, but apparently so many people don't have properly calibrated TVs (or tons of light in their room) that they couldn't make out what was happening. I watched in the dark on my Panny VT60 so I had no issues (other than compression artifacts, but can't do much about that.)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It did, but apparently so many people don't have properly calibrated TVs (or tons of light in their room) that they couldn't make out what was happening. I watched in the dark on my Panny VT60 so I had no issues (other than compression artifacts, but can't do much about that.)
I enjoyed it on my BenQ W6000.

I'm sure they'll release GOT S08 on BD with 4K HDR.

It will be cool to re-watch the 4K BD on a nice native 4K JVC PJ. ;) :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
A lot of fans were upset with the dark scenes, but GOT purposely filmed this way to add to realisizm. I had my recessed lights on in the family room which were just to bright, once I turned t hem down a bit, it was fine.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
A lot of fans were upset with the dark scenes, but GOT purposely filmed this way to add to realisizm. I had my recessed lights on in the family room which were just to bright, once I turned t hem down a bit, it was fine.
Totally agree. My comment wasn't directed towards you fwiw. Hope it didn't come across that way.

I'm honestly thinking compression artifacts were more the issue. I read that hbo go and now streams are only 5mbps. That's the real issue.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought my HBO delivery of GoT E3 was lacking, a lot of banding I don't get usually from all the darkest scenes. I have really slow internet, tho...hopefully the bluray will look fine.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I thought my HBO delivery of GoT E3 was lacking, a lot of banding I don't get usually from all the darkest scenes. I have really slow internet, tho...hopefully the bluray will look fine.
I think that's the issue a lot of people had. Maybe people will finally understand that streaming can be pretty crappy if the service doesn't do things correctly. 5mbps stream is crazy low for 1080p resolution.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think that's the issue a lot of people had. Maybe people will finally understand that streaming can be pretty crappy if the service doesn't do things correctly. 5mbps stream is crazy low for 1080p resolution.
I'm lucky to get 7mpbs to my streamer.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm lucky to get 7mpbs to my streamer.
That sucks. Really dumb that we don't have better infrastructure for internet. That's a whole other topic.

You would have probably have had better luck on regular cable/satellite.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis