Volume is Lower than the old AVR

V

Vipinkthom

Audiophyte
Good Day,

Recently I have updated my AVR from Integra DTR 20.3 to Integra DRX 4.3 ( Used). I have noticed that 4.3 volume level is lower than the 20.3, also there is no source level adjustment in the 4.3. is there any solution that I can improve the volume level, I am using the wharfadale diamond 9.1 speaker.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Good Day,

Recently I have updated my AVR from Integra DTR 20.3 to Integra DRX 4.3 ( Used). I have noticed that 4.3 volume level is lower than the 20.3, also there is no source level adjustment in the 4.3. is there any solution that I can improve the volume level, I am using the wharfadale diamond 9.1 speaker.

Thank you.
Can you get enough volume if you advance the volume high enough? If so there is no problem, just a different gain structure. If you can't get enough volume then you have bought a faulty receiver

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How are you judging level? With an spl meter or measurement mic? Or a volume scale reading? In any case just use turn the volume up if you want it louder.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Good Day,

Thank you.
Look for "My Input Volume" in the menu, app, or manual.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Look for "My Input Volume" in the menu, app, or manual.
Curious so I looked at the manual....that setting appears to set startup volume only rather than a source level adjustment....

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Curious so I looked at the manual....that setting appears to set startup volume only rather than a source level adjustment....
It was the closest thing I saw in the manual.

My thought was if you could start each component at a volume level you like to equalize the different sources it still may be useful to the OP. He did mention the (obsoleted, see below) source level adjust. But, as you an TLS mentioned, it's not exactly clear what the problem is.

I used to have an Integra 40.2, which died of the Onkyo HDMI problems. Just post warranty, of course. It had input level adjustments. Still have the manual on my computer. They called it Intellivolume. Googled Intellivolume and they say Onkyo removed it. Seems like an odd thing to get rid of.

Also, looking at Gene's review on this site:
Integra DRX-4.3 9.2 Channel AV Receiver Review (audioholics.com)

It may be worth seeing if the Integra PC Setup App is now available to the user. According to Gene, "The setup features are extensive and allow you to tweak everything in the AVR..."

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It was the closest thing I saw in the manual.

My thought was if you could start each component at a volume level you like to equalize the different sources it still may be useful OP's. He did mention the (obsoleted, see below) source level adjust. But, as you an TLS mentioned, it's not clear exactly what the problem is.

I used to have an Integra 40.2, which died of the Onkyo HDMI problems. Just post warranty, of course. It had input level adjustments. Still have the manual on my computer. They called it Intellivolume. Googled Intellivolume and they say Onkyo removed it. Seems like an odd thing to get rid of.

Also, looking at Gene's review on this site:
Integra DRX-4.3 9.2 Channel AV Receiver Review (audioholics.com)

It may be worth seeing if the Integra PC Setup App is now available to the user. According to Gene, "The setup features are extensive and allow you to tweak everything in the AVR..."
That might work. I think my old Onkyo has actual source level adjustment, and Intellivolume sounds like the way they branded it....

V

Vipinkthom

Audiophyte
Hi,

I couldn't find intellivolume on DRX 4.3, I have it on my previous avr (DTR 20.3)

Thank you all for the support

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Hi,

I couldn't find intellivolume on DRX 4.3, I have it on my previous avr (DTR 20.3)

They probably named it something else ? Maybe contact support …
Or check your manual

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Hi,

Onkyo leaves it out according to this...which is strange because my Pioneer has it.
No mention of it in your manual, so it's probably not there.
Try the web interface though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis