Integra DRX-8.4 11.2CH Flagship AVR Better than Denon?

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
Since they got the Onkyo marketing in the press release its definitely going to be an Onkyo brand...

I will be pleasantly surprised if it is a Pre/Pro, if it is then I am preordering day 1. My PR-RZ5100 has been phenomenal, still extremely capable, and still worth a chunk of change.

But from the press release they say 1 of the 2 products is an industry first. My money is that Dirac Bass control is included at no extra charge. Then couple that with 4 XLR Subwoofer preouts on a Pre/Pro, and you got yourself a chef's kiss.
Note the Klipsch brand:

As a result of this collaboration, Onkyo and its sister brand Klipsch are preparing to unveil two new audio products later this year, the company says. These products will feature built-in Dirac Live Room Correction and Bass Control, marking a significant advancement in consumer audio technology. One of these products is expected to be a first in the consumer electronics industry.

“Dirac proves that the world’s best room correction software is not just for audiophiles. It’s for everyone,
My money is on a soundbar and a pair of active bookshelf speakers, both Dirac capable. I seriously doubt the press release refers to an AVP as that is not an industry first nor is it for "everyone".

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Note the Klipsch brand:

My money is on a soundbar and a pair of active bookshelf speakers, both Dirac capable. I seriously doubt the press release refers to an AVP as that is not an industry first nor is it for "everyone".
The conjunction with Klipsch does tend to point towards something "speaker"-ish....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis