Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Hopefully this isn't too far off topic for this thread.

Trump:

>>>Millions of illegal aliens have stormed across our borders, it is an invasion, like a military invasion. Our rights and liberties are being torn to shreds. Your country is being turned into a third-world hellhole, run by censors, perverts criminals and thugs.<<<

Reagan:

>>>I've spoken of the shining city . . . in my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.<<<

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Don't know if anyone has been paying attention to the current Ukrainian incursion into Russian territory. This looks like a pretty thorough sitrep. If it works out, it will go down in history as a brilliant strategy.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Don't know if anyone has been paying attention to the current Ukrainian incursion into Russian territory. This looks like a pretty thorough sitrep. If it works out, it will go down in history as a brilliant strategy.

Yup, I’ve seen that for a few days.

An important part of this is that USA have no (public) issues with US made armored vehicles used inside Russia in what is a major campaign.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Russian sources say Ukraine has hit all three bridges over the Seym River | CBC News

"As a result of targeted shelling with the use of rocket and artillery weapons against residential buildings and civilian infrastructure in the Karyzh village ... a third bridge over the Seym River was damaged," the unnamed representative for Russia's Investigative Committee said in a video published on the Telegram channel of Russian state TV anchor Vladimir Solovyov.
:rolleyes:

So, the Ukrainians were targeting civilians and accidentally hit a bridge instead.

Riiiiight.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
CBS should be ashamed of this shoddy “journalism”.
This is from the CBC and they make it pretty clear that they are quoting the Russian representative. I don't get the sense that they are endorsing the statement, or even accepting it as truthful. I posted a clip from the article to illustrate how desperately non-sensical Russian state representatives and their cheerleaders can be.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This is from the CBC and they make it pretty clear that they are quoting the Russian representative. I don't get the sense that they are endorsing the statement, or even accepting it as truthful. I posted a clip from the article to illustrate how desperately non-sensical Russian state representatives and their cheerleaders can be.
CBC, not CBS as I wrote, should not let that type of propaganda pass without some comment. The very many Russian atrocities are well known and documented, and committing atrocities and war crimes are part of their strategy. You could even see that in Syria. Ukraine has not done the same even though there have incidents.

So I think that CBC should be ashamed.

Related to war crimes: Ukrainian Parliament has ratified the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and its amendments.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
CBC, not CBS as I wrote, should not let that type of propaganda pass without some comment. The very many Russian atrocities are well known and documented, and committing atrocities and war crimes are part of their strategy. You could even see that in Syria. Ukraine has not done the same even though there have incidents.

So I think that CBC should be ashamed.

Related to war crimes: Ukrainian Parliament has ratified the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and its amendments.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're overreacting. The article originates from the Associated Press and carried on the CBC. Neither is given to carrying water for the Russians.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Agree.
Is there historical behavior by Ukraine doing this kind of shelling unlike Russia doing it from day one? :eek:
Normal from the source, lies.
Not any evidence at all that Ukraine is doing this, except perhaps for isolated incidences. Russia, on the other hand, has a long and documented history of doing just this as a strategy.

This is not by any long-shot some kind of "he said - she said" story that news outlets should just parrot without comment.

D

David_Alexander

Audioholic Intern
When I first heard that Russia had invaded Ukraine, I was taken back to my time at University back in the mid '90s.

Back in the day a DJ called John Peel (BBC) championed all forms of music. And we had in our student digs an album by a band called The Ukranians. You tube link there. We used to send students who left out house off with playing this album and accompanying the play with percussion on pots and pans.

No pot or pan in that household has ever sat level on a hob to this day.

So. Come the day of the invasion, I played that live album. I knew then, in my core, that Putin has bitten off more than he could chew.

I defy anyone to listen to that album and not be taken with the spirit of it.

The Ukrainians was an offshoot of the '80s band The Wedding Present.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis