Tomorrow War on Amazon Prime !

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Was it realistic nah. Fun hell yeah just gone done watching it. Plot holes yeah. Still a good time yes! Plus the audio kicked a$$ and the visuals were great my subs were cranking!!!
Yup, sometimes that's all you need from a movie especially a good summer time action movie.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yup, sometimes that's all you need from a movie especially a good summer time action movie.

I agree. Sometimes I don't need an Oscar just something I can have fun with

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I agree. Sometimes I don't need an Oscar just something I can have fun with
Oh yeah, we are watching Airplane! Right now. Oscars no, laughing my ass off, yes.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Love time travel movies.. and liked this one..

On side a side note: when is Amazon Prime bringing 4K and Atmos to it’s platform. I know it’s free for Prime members but we’re paying a lot for Prime membership.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Love time travel movies.. and liked this one..

On side a side note: when is Amazon Prime bringing 4K and Atmos to it’s platform. I know it’s free for Prime members but we’re paying a lot for Prime membership.
Don't they already have atmos and 4k I can get it in 4k and atmos with my apple TV

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Don't they already have atmos and 4k I can get it in 4k and atmos with my apple TV
Just checked.. you are correct.. select titles have 4K and Atmos..

But unfortunately a lot of the Amazon originals do not have 4K and Atmos, including Tomorrow War.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I get 4k HDR from Amazon movies and lots of them. Atmos I don't know better l because I'm not doing Atmos at the moment.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Just checked.. you are correct.. select titles have 4K and Atmos..

But unfortunately a lot of the Amazon originals do not have 4K and Atmos, including Tomorrow War.
I'll have to double check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure Tomorrow War is in 4K, and I think Atmos as well.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, it is available in 4K HDR and atmos depending on the device used for streaming. Just because a streaming service offers a title in 4K HDR and atmos does not mean it will work on every streaming device on the market with some only able to deliver one or the other.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Yes, it is available in 4K HDR and atmos depending on the device used for streaming. Just because a streaming service offers a title in 4K HDR and atmos does not mean it will work on every streaming device on the market with some only able to deliver one or the other.
Yes, and I get that. Upgraded my Ultra just to be able to get 4K on HBO Max, with the the first title watched being WW1984, and we all know how that turned out. The OP stated though that it wasn't available at all in 4K, which I didn't think was the case.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I'll have to double check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure Tomorrow War is in 4K, and I think Atmos as well.
here is a shot from my phone and Amazon’s website.. no 4K.. but I’ll have to check the Prime Video app on my Apple 4K tv.

F9AFD357-7FD4-437E-B960-8112E94A1193.jpg

BCADFEC1-091E-47BE-89FE-17F90CC18D10.jpg

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Not even the blu-ray version of tomorrow war gets 4k.

F7A0AE9C-95F3-4A8D-ADBC-FCF933AFE8CF.jpg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The Apple TV 4K will playback "Tomorrow War" in 4K HDR and atmos. If you are not able to do so with your own, then some settings are off and/or you have devices in the chain that are not capable of one or the other. For video , go into Apple TV 4K settings and match dynamic range for video and match frame rate as well for proper 24fps playback. For audio, go into audio settings and make sure "change format" is OFF and atmos below it is ON. If you still do not get 4K HDR and atmos playback, check settings in AVR and TV. And for future reference, UHD means 4K. Amazon Prime has the worst info labels for content I've seen. Oh, and you cannot Airplay 4K HDR or atmos, so only stream directly from the Apple TV 4K to get best quality.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Wait, isn't UHD 4k or am I missing something? Doesn't that mean 4k HDR/Dolby Vision?

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
My fault.I wasn’t aware UHD stood for 4K. I wonder why some titles are designated 4K and others UHD?

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Since the question has already been answered that UHD is 4K, you do realize that Bluray is not 4K, right? Two different formats, and Bluray is 1080p.
I’ve seen 4K Blu-ray disc at stores.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I’ve seen 4K Blu-ray disc at stores.
I'm not trying to be a dink here, but I don't believe you have. You might have seen a UHD/Bluray combo pack, but a 4K movie goes on a 4K disk because of the size of the file. Now I don't know enough about some of this, but you may be able to put a 4K file on a bluray disk, but not a movie.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis