Tomorrow War on Amazon Prime !

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I can't help it! Time travel to the past always introduces the possibility of paradoxes. I love learning about these possibilities and the physics and properties of spacetime. There's nothing in the math that technically doesn't allow for travel to the past, but there may be barriers that render it impossible. I just watched a couple of videos tackling the subject.

This last one is the most recent and the first time I think I'm able to wrap my head around how multiple universes can exist at the same time, right next to each other using QFT and wave mechanics to explain it.

I love watching Peter Dinklage play a tall(er) physicist! That man is an incredible actor and a national treasure!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I do like how they first introduce the first alien creature at the top of the stairs, panting like a dog. I thought that was a neat touch and added a little bit to the realism.
and then you realize that normal warfare don’t slow them down that’s why the mass drops of anybody they could enlist hopeing somebody gets a lucky shot at one .

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It looked like a desperate attempt to throw body’s at an unstoppable foe to me drop a handful here drop a few here from 5 thousand feet lol !
And the male hero got a nudge at the last moment as to not being crushed on the tiles! The female one met a much more garish ill-fated end.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I think it changes everything. He now has new information he didn't have in the time line where he dies so it seems to me it changes everything. If I start thinking about it too hard tho, my brain doesn't brain very well...

If he prevents the critters from ever taking over then why do the people from the future recruit him to begin with? What woulda happened if the wormhole stayed open instead of being destroyed at the future end after he prevented everything? Do things not change like they hint at with their flowing river analogy? Thus pointing toward an alternate timeline a la Endgame where you can't change what's already happened? Or does that timeline just *poof*, vanish as if it never existed? What happens at the future end of the wormhole? Which then brings us right back to, if it never happened then why would they have recruited him from the past to start with?
And then when they found the research team hung up by there feet in the lab for food storage so to speak and then when they went to the crashed ship in Russia and the space dudes on the ship were hanging upside down - the creatures were all supposed to be in sleep chambers so who killed and hung them up so mabey ones on the loose already.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And then when they found the research team hung up by there feet in the lab for food storage so to speak and then when they went to the crashed ship in Russia and the space dudes on the ship were hanging upside down - the creatures were all supposed to be in sleep chambers so who killed and hung them up so mabey ones on the loose already.
You just pointed out a possible scenario that would avoid a paradox, and lay a logical path for a part 2.

What if... waking them up and not getting ALL of them is what triggers the whole thing! Like it wouldn't have happened unless they recruited him! They unintentionally create a vicious closed time loop! Future sequels could focus on breaking the loop.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
You just pointed out a possible scenario that would avoid a paradox, and lay a logical path for a part 2.

What if... waking them up and not getting ALL of them is what triggers the whole thing! Like it wouldn't have happened unless they recruited him! They unintentionally create a vicious closed time loop! Future sequels could focus on breaking the loop.
The littlest details ! I too wonder how they could do a sequel I mean where would it start where would it go lol . From the article I read all the main players are comeing back except the eaten ones :) take that back even his grown daughter is onboard in the sequel lol

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
"realism" lol. Wasn't much of it there. Hollywood science, not one person who actually knows anything about ANYTHING apparently was involved in the writing of this script. Time travel theory and paradoxes, military ops, or how to write a story lol.

The single most obvious thing they could have done is to send back samples and the info they have discovered in order to properly study and prepare for what was coming, not to bring people forward. "Smart" people with 30 years more knowledge and technology and they don't know some obvious things lol. That was my real issue with the whole thing.

You also may want to put a SPOILER tag on this thread since people here have basically revealed the entire story.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
"realism" lol. Wasn't much of it there. Hollywood science, not one person who actually knows anything about ANYTHING apparently was involved in the writing of this script. Time travel theory and paradoxes, military ops, or how to write a story lol.

The single most obvious thing they could have done is to send back samples and the info they have discovered in order to properly study and prepare for what was coming, not to bring people forward. "Smart" people with 30 years more knowledge and technology and they don't know some obvious things lol. That was my real issue with the whole thing.

You also may want to put a SPOILER tag on this thread since people here have basically revealed the entire story.
The only reason to send untrained people into combat is because they are cannon fodder and a distraction from the real mission. Why waste good trained troops if they’re guaranteed to die?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
In real life this movie is dumb. I don’t care how insane your alien is, if they don’t have air power they are dead. The aliens run about 50mph or the same as a Russian T92… my money is on a bunch of Russians drunk on vodka with permission to kill everything. Oh yeah they also have the MI-24 or flying tank, tell those pilots they can kill everything that doesn’t look human. No Geneva Convention equals carpet bombing, napalm, cluster bombs, white phosphorus and combinations of all four never dreamed of. Aliens without spaceships would be target practice, America would probably sit it out but if we were involved it would horror on an unimaginable level.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The only reason to send untrained people into combat is because they are cannon fodder and a distraction from the real mission. Why waste good trained troops if they’re guaranteed to die?
The real mission was to make this movie longer than it needed to be.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
When I set up my new acoustically transparent screen on Friday night 2 weeks ago, I had to watch a few movies on it. This was one of them.

Overall, it was a decent movie. Your typical sci-fi movie. Nothing groundbreaking or awesome about it, but nothing terrible either IMO. Solid acting. Decent story and lots of $#!+ getting blown up/killed, which is the type of movie I built my HT for. I enjoyed it for what it was. I did like the way they portrayed how time travel worked. And J.K. Simmons was very good. My biggest gripe was that it kind of dragged at the end. I felt they could have wrapped it up at the 2 hr mark, and didn't need that last 1/2 hour.

I'd give it a solid 6.5/10 Worth the watch for the most part, but probably not a movie I'd watch again.

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic

I'm getting real Dark vibes from your post.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
When I set up my new acoustically transparent screen on Friday night 2 weeks ago, I had to watch a few movies on it. This was one of them.

Overall, it was a decent movie. Your typical sci-fi movie. Nothing groundbreaking or awesome about it, but nothing terrible either IMO. Solid acting. Decent story and lots of $#!+ getting blown up/killed, which is the type of movie I built my HT for. I enjoyed it for what it was. I did like the way they portrayed how time travel worked. And J.K. Simmons was very good. My biggest gripe was that it kind of dragged at the end. I felt they could have wrapped it up at the 2 hr mark, and didn't need that last 1/2 hour.

I'd give it a solid 6.5/10 Worth the watch for the most part, but probably not a movie I'd watch again.
Speaking of the last 30 minutes, the Navy is capable of Sonar output of 235 db. There would instantly be a million dead aliens.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Did anyone notice the dialogue levels were too low during action scenes? It really threw me off a bit.
Yes! I thought it was just me but I felt the dialog was low throughout the entire movie. Great sound otherwise and awesome bass!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I do like how they first introduce the first alien creature at the top of the stairs, panting like a dog. I thought that was a neat touch and added a little bit to the realism.
Sure was an ugly evil looking fawker.

RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Audioholic Intern
I tried watching it but immediately bailed out at the first appearance of the future-soldiers (soccer field) and the cheesy speech by chief-soldier-woman. CORNY!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Was it realistic nah. Fun hell yeah just gone done watching it. Plot holes yeah. Still a good time yes! Plus the audio kicked a$$ and the visuals were great my subs were cranking!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis