Tomorrow War on Amazon Prime !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw it within an hour or two of availability, enjoyed it quite a bit. While I was already a Chris Pratt fan, even more so now. Interesting take on the time travel....
On the time travel part of it I had one major issue that didn't make sense to me.
At the end where Forester had the serum and needed to go back to mass produce it, he was freaking out about leaving his daughter to die. Okay yeah, I kinda get that, BUT... if he takes the serum back to his own time and prevents it all from happening doesn't that mean his daughter never ends up in that predicament?

He's changing his future, her past, so him trying to stay and save her while he was in the future could have doomed them all, right? He should have wanted to get back ASAP to prevent the whole mess from starting to begin with! That part drove me nuts. I was like "Quit fighting it and just go back! Then the critters never rise and she never gets spiked!"

Last edited:
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
On the time travel part of it I had one major issue that didn't make sense to me.
At the end where Forester had the serum and needed to go back to mass produce it, he was freaking out about leaving his daughter to die. Okay yeah, I kinda get that, BUT... if he takes the serum back to his own time and prevents it all from happening doesn't that mean his daughter never ends up in that predicament?

He's changing his future, her past, so him trying to stay and save her while he was in the future could have doomed them all, right? He should have wanted to get back ASAP to prevent the whole mess from starting to begin with! That part drove me nuts. I was like "Quit fighting it and just go back! Then the critters never rise and she never gets spiked!"
I also wonder if it changed his untimely death in 7 years or did this change everything about there futures .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I would have liked to see a little back info on the frozen alien craft and it’s occupants- were they headed to earth or another world with this cargo .

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I guess all the napalm bombs are gone by the future time. ;) or heavy bombers.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I guess all the napalm bombs are gone by the future time. ;) or heavy bombers.
FLAME THROWER. Duh. While watching it, I was thinking "Have none of these people ever seen Aliens?: lol

This movie had a LOT of glaring issues. It still managed to be relatively fun, just don't try to apply logic to it.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Since moving into my apartment with 13’ ceilings I thought my subwoofer took a vacation. Watched this movie last night and my sub decided to join in the fun.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I also wonder if it changed his untimely death in 7 years or did this change everything about there futures .
I think it changes everything. He now has new information he didn't have in the time line where he dies so it seems to me it changes everything. If I start thinking about it too hard tho, my brain doesn't brain very well...

If he prevents the critters from ever taking over then why do the people from the future recruit him to begin with? What woulda happened if the wormhole stayed open instead of being destroyed at the future end after he prevented everything? Do things not change like they hint at with their flowing river analogy? Thus pointing toward an alternate timeline a la Endgame where you can't change what's already happened? Or does that timeline just *poof*, vanish as if it never existed? What happens at the future end of the wormhole? Which then brings us right back to, if it never happened then why would they have recruited him from the past to start with?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think it changes everything. He now has new information he didn't have in the time line where he dies so it seems to me it changes everything. If I start thinking about it too hard tho, my brain doesn't brain very well...

If he prevents the critters from ever taking over then why do the people from the future recruit him to begin with? What woulda happened if the wormhole stayed open instead of being destroyed at the end after he prevented everything? Do things not change like they hint at with their flowing river analogy? Thus pointing an alternate timeline a la Endgame where you can't change what's already happened? Or does that timeline just *poof*, vanish as if it never existed? What happens to that end of the wormhole? Which then brings us right back to, if it never happened then why would they have recruited him from the past to start with?
You're thinking too much! I was flabbergasted that conscripts was given only 24 hours to put their affairs in order and report in, handed weapons while told that they need no training, so off they go into combat! :rolleyes:

Edit: Typos

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
You're thinking too much! I was flabbergasted that conscripts was giving only 24 hours to put their affairs in order and report in, handed weapons while told that they need no training, so off they go into combat! :rolleyes:
Not to mention they were all dropped mostly to their deaths other than a few that landed in water. LOL :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You're thinking too much! I was flabbergasted that conscripts was giving only 24 hours to put their affairs in order and report in, handed weapons while told that they need no training, so off they go into combat! :rolleyes:
I can't help it! Time travel to the past always introduces the possibility of paradoxes. I love learning about these possibilities and the physics and properties of spacetime. There's nothing in the math that technically doesn't allow for travel to the past, but there may be barriers that render it impossible. I just watched a couple of videos tackling the subject.

This last one is the most recent and the first time I think I'm able to wrap my head around how multiple universes can exist at the same time, right next to each other using QFT and wave mechanics to explain it.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I can't help it! Time travel to the past always introduces the possibility of paradoxes. I love learning about these possibilities and the physics and properties of spacetime. There's nothing in the math that technically doesn't allow for travel to the past, but there may be barriers that render it impossible. I just watched a couple of videos tackling the subject.

This last one is the most recent and the first time I think I'm able to wrap my head around how multiple universes can exist at the same time, right next to each other using QFT and wave mechanics to explain it.

Nah, too much thinking for me! I rather watch

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I do like how they first introduce the first alien creature at the top of the stairs, panting like a dog. I thought that was a neat touch and added a little bit to the realism.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis