The theater room is starting!!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The problem is we are running into issues with the fact that me and my pops wanted to do this together

So we split the cost 50/50. And I donated most of my equipment the speakers and subs

But all of a sudden my pops falls in love with our installer basically because he doesn't know Jack poop about home theater and starts buying all this extra poop we don't need.Which I got tired of fighting about so as long as it came out of his half fine

As you guys know I don't like small speakers and I like my surround channels to hit hard on content. My SVS prime towers pair very well with the JBL's so I was having special mounts I was building to wall mount them one pair for each row plus the JBL 580's for the back like a movie theater like sound and setup. It would have its challenges but even in the trial runs it sounded friggin awesome with minimal eq

There was still plenty of space to get around I had beefy atmos heights put in.
The plan as you said my friend was aesthetics yes but secondary to the sound and screen audio and visual with big big speakers and subs that can get me great sound and dynamics without having to crank the sound too much

That's the agreement until mom gets involved and she's never given a poop about the room anyway so they went without informing me and blew 4000 on the paradigm 25s bipole speakers which are a price of poop for my wants and set up an appointment for him to install them this week

I was pissed beyond pissed honestly but family is family and I refuse to let materials things ruin our relationship.

But this jack ass installer is going to try installing 4 bipole speakers with a frequency response of +- 2 db at 125hz get the fu@$## out of here what am I doing installing atmos speakers on my surrounds

If you looked at the layout with the back tapering the way it does there is no way you can put bipole speakers back there

So I paid f@$!# ing extra ordered two SVS ultra surrounds if I have to compromise and 2 SVS ultra bookshelves for my rears for half the f@$! Cost and will end up installing them if I have too. I can live with that compromise at least

But I'm still not done with my original goal and eventually the room is mine anyway when that day comes I'll set it up the way it truly deserves

Until then. I'll love my parents and cherish every moment I still have even if they did royally piss me off.

I'm not as happy with the room as I was but I'll be able to tolerate it.

Sorry about the rant just needed to get this off my chest

Should have paid for it all myself and done what the f@!! I wanted but my pops wanted to share this do this together which is cool but the only issue is I lost some leverage which turned around and bit me in the ass

When it's all finalized Ill let you guys know and hit this post back up it was still fun sharing the build with you so you guys can hopefully learn off of some of my experiences
Oooohhhh... shitt. I'm sorry man. I was assuming some WAF bs. You're in a tight spot and I feel for you bro. Hang in there.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I haven’t heard much about SVS Ultra Surrounds. Curious whether you like duet mode more than bipole or dipole.
Well we're going to find out! Duet mode is interesting basically I'd still be doing the same thing Will and me were brainstorming splitting the signal and sending it to both sides should be interesting to find out

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oooohhhh... shitt. I'm sorry man. I was assuming some WAF bs. You're in a tight spot and I feel for you bro. Hang in there.
I can do this!!! Thanks to my audioholics friends!!!! Without u I'd be wigging!!! :D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well we're going to find out! Duet mode is interesting basically I'd still be doing the same thing Will and me were brainstorming splitting the signal and sending it to both sides should be interesting to find out
Ya my front 3 are set but looking for new surrounds. The SVS Ultra Surrounds are a possible fit in my maze of doors and windows surroundings me in my den. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The problem is we are running into issues with the fact that me and my pops wanted to do this together

So we split the cost 50/50. And I donated most of my equipment the speakers and subs

But all of a sudden my pops falls in love with our installer basically because he doesn't know Jack poop about home theater and starts buying all this extra poop we don't need.Which I got tired of fighting about so as long as it came out of his half fine

As you guys know I don't like small speakers and I like my surround channels to hit hard on content. My SVS prime towers pair very well with the JBL's so I was having special mounts I was building to wall mount them one pair for each row plus the JBL 580's for the back like a movie theater like sound and setup. It would have its challenges but even in the trial runs it sounded friggin awesome with minimal eq

There was still plenty of space to get around I had beefy atmos heights put in.
The plan as you said my friend was aesthetics yes but secondary to the sound and screen audio and visual with big big speakers and subs that can get me great sound and dynamics without having to crank the sound too much

That's the agreement until mom gets involved and she's never given a poop about the room anyway so they went without informing me and blew 4000 on the paradigm 25s bipole speakers which are a price of poop for my wants and set up an appointment for him to install them this week

I was pissed beyond pissed honestly but family is family and I refuse to let materials things ruin our relationship.

But this jack ass installer is going to try installing 4 bipole speakers with a frequency response of +- 2 db at 125hz get the fu@$## out of here what am I doing installing atmos speakers on my surrounds

If you looked at the layout with the back tapering the way it does there is no way you can put bipole speakers back there

So I paid f@$!# ing extra ordered two SVS ultra surrounds if I have to compromise and 2 SVS ultra bookshelves for my rears for half the f@$! Cost and will end up installing them if I have too. I can live with that compromise at least

But I'm still not done with my original goal and eventually the room is mine anyway when that day comes I'll set it up the way it truly deserves

Until then. I'll love my parents and cherish every moment I still have even if they did royally piss me off.

I'm not as happy with the room as I was but I'll be able to tolerate it.

Sorry about the rant just needed to get this off my chest

Should have paid for it all myself and done what the f@!! I wanted but my pops wanted to share this do this together which is cool but the only issue is I lost some leverage which turned around and bit me in the ass

When it's all finalized Ill let you guys know and hit this post back up it was still fun sharing the build with you so you guys can hopefully learn off of some of my experiences
That is a pretty interesting situation. I never would have guessed when you said "family disputes". I'm sure an installer sees a room like yours and immediately starts looking through the latest edition of Boat/Yatch Buyers Quarterly!

On the positive Paradigm is decent stuff (just over-priced).

But good attitude - you only have one set of parents and that is only for a limited time.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Ya my front 3 are set but looking for new surrounds. The SVS Ultra Surrounds are a possible fit in my maze of doors and windows surroundings me in my den. :)
Danzilla may be selling a set of Paradigm surrounds on the cheap before long!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
That is a pretty interesting situation. I never would have guessed when you said "family disputes". I'm sure an installer sees a room like yours and immediately starts looking through the latest edition of Boat/Yatch Buyers Quarterly!

On the positive Paradigm is decent stuff (just over-priced).

But good attitude - you only have one set of parents and that is only for a limited time.
Well glad I don’t have any paradigm you sure it’s not just a preference thing ? We’re they overly bright or lacking. Bass ??

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well glad I don’t have any paradigm you sure it’s not just a preference thing ? We’re they overly bright or lacking. Bass ??

Free the reptile aliens
Well for one they are bipole speakers not my preferred choice for surrounds in an atmos based set up
There +- 2db at 125 hz so they roll off really fasr I like my surrounds to have better extension at least solid output down to 80hz
Plus that room is not shaped right for bipolar speakers the back walls are angled and taper to the door
Plus it's a big sized room going across and you need some surrounds that can fill it and keep up with my mains those paradigm just can't stay up with the 3 590's I have up front so the room sounds front heavy.
And the price my pops spent on them was outrageous I could buy way more capable surrounds for a fraction of the cost

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Free the reptile aliens
There a good speaker just not ideal for my room and overpriced in my opinion
It is what it is though I'll use em for awhile and see if I can get some investment out of them before I'll figure out what I want to do

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
There a good speaker just not ideal for my room and overpriced in my opinion
It is what it is though I'll use em for awhile and see if I can get some investment out of them before I'll figure out what I want to do
Sounds like you need external amps if you do not have power to drive paragons?
Or does the sound not clear enough sorry your dad got conned it happens . R.I.P. $$

Free the reptile aliens

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
Well for one they are bipole speakers not my preferred choice for surrounds in an atmos based set up
There +- 2db at 125 hz so they roll off really fasr I like my surrounds to have better extension at least solid output down to 80hz
Plus that room is not shaped right for bipolar speakers the back walls are angled and taper to the door
Plus it's a big sized room going across and you need some surrounds that can fill it and keep up with my mains those paradigm just can't stay up with the 3 590's I have up front so the room sounds front heavy.
And the price my pops spent on them was outrageous I could buy way more capable surrounds for a fraction of the cost
Which model paradigm surrounds

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like you need external amps if you do not have power to drive paragons?
Or does the sound not clear enough sorry your dad got conned it happens . R.I.P. $$

Free the reptile aliens
I have all anthem amps so power is not an issue

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I have all anthem amps so power is not an issue
Wow hope someday I can find a job that pays enough to afford these !! Nice

Like 4 grand more then my onkyo ....

Free the reptile aliens

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay the custom drapes came in for the room they came out pimp. They do a couple things for the room

1) they help with the reflections coming off the wood tile and glass on that side

2) they darken the room even more because they absorb any reflected light bouncing back onto the screen from those surfaces helping to improve the image

3) They just look pimp! Lol :D

My next 3 projects are

1) attend to my surround problem

2) but 2 more SVS PC 4000's for the back of the room

3) convert the hallway closet in the hall leading up to the room right next to the door leading into the theater it's huge into an open little mini bar with a popcorn machine snack bar etc.

I'll send pics and keep you guys posted on my progress.

Here's some pics of the drapes!!!

20191016_103139.jpg
20191016_102958.jpg

20191016_102638.jpg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Okay the custom drapes came in for the room they came out pimp. They do a couple things for the room

1) they help with the reflections coming off the wood tile and glass on that side

2) they darken the room even more because they absorb any reflected light bouncing back onto the screen from those surfaces helping to improve the image

3) They just look pimp! Lol :D

My next 3 projects are

1) attend to my surround problem

2) but 2 more SVS PC 4000's for the back of the room

3) convert the hallway closet in the hall leading up to the room right next to the door leading into the theater it's huge into an open little mini bar with a popcorn machine snack bar etc.

I'll send pics and keep you guys posted on my progress.

Here's some pics of the drapes!!!

View attachment 31865View attachment 31867
View attachment 31868
Spectacular set up !! Woo did you build and set up the room yourself.
?
That’s a. Dream system for someone like me who’s financially struggling maybe someday I will get a good enough job to make my own projector room . Like yours nice
Congratulations

Free the reptile aliens

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Spectacular set up !! Woo did you build and set up the room yourself.
?
That’s a. Dream system for someone like me who’s financially struggling maybe someday I will get a good enough job to make my own projector room . Like yours nice
Congratulations

Free the reptile aliens
Thank you I had a vendor who came in and did a turnkey setup for me. This room had to be demoed and new walls set up with wiring run up 2 stories for a new suboutlet box and connecting the system among other things a big chunk of these areas were beyond my expertise or ability. So it worked out better that way for me

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis