The theater room is starting!!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Looking great so far. Hope you pre-wired for most possibilities. Hate to see a remodel job not far off. ;)
Hopefully I did I've got all pre wiring done and I pray I covered all possibilities I just got done remodeling this dang thing another one would kill me! o_O

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Hopefully I did I've got all pre wiring done and I pray I covered all possibilities I just got done remodeling this dang thing another one would kill me! o_O
Well, it will be very frustrating, certainly not kill you unless a hidden beam crushes you;).

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok all electrical lighting ceiling and pre wiring is done starting tommorow will begin the actual equipment getting installed

Here's a few pics of the final build next time I post it should be with the theater setup and running

20190910_140200.jpg
20190910_140225.jpg
20190910_140317.jpg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thank you! I'm down here in good ol Texas here in San Antonio. :)
I’ve been to DFW area. Really nice experience. Texans are almost as “nice” as Minnesotans!

Dan, did you call SVS by chance? There are many diagrams available to illustrate how to do it. Just wondering what their thoughts were. I still think it’s the way to go.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Interesting. My dogs hate the subwoofers too. When they come on, for either music or movies, they bail or start barking.
My dogs are so used to them that they'll sleep right through music, even when I bump it up a little. Deep bass will get Loki in my lap tho. I don't viciously crank it very often if they're inside. They do have a limit and it makes me feel bad, lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My mom and sister live in New Braunfels. I've been there to visit and in San Antonio more than once in my travels. Was it you in another thread that said you'd been to Bjorn's? I had a great time there and the people were super friendly. The sales rep didn't act all snooty and was more than happy to let me sit and listen to their flagship setup. B&W 802D3s powered by a stack of McIntosh gear properly set up in a treated room. Best sounding system I've ever heard.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I’ve been to DFW area. Really nice experience. Texans are almost as “nice” as Minnesotans!

Dan, did you call SVS by chance? There are many diagrams available to illustrate how to do it. Just wondering what their thoughts were. I still think it’s the way to go.
Yes they said definetly don't parallel them unless you know for a fact that your amp is stable down in 2 or 3ohms but they recommended a rca y splitter just split that into 2 signals and connect the 2nd signal into a separate amp.

I think that may be the way to go. I like that better what do you think I have some 4 crown xls drive core 2's or I'd probably just buy a 5 channel like an outlaw 5000 and do it that way.

What do you think the installer is kind off balking about it right now the dealer Is Of have to pay extra on the wiring and the install they don't have enough which I get its all pre wired plus I may void my warranty on the anthem if I rig them that way in series or parallel

I don't want to screw with that so what I'm going to do is split the difference between the 2 rows elevate 2 of the SVS prime towers
because they do have excellent dispersion and then see if I like that but if not you and me are wiring them b@$!#es either in series or with a signal split from the processor into a separate amp I'll get back with you on that one

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My mom and sister live in New Braunfels. I've been there to visit and in San Antonio more than once in my travels. Was it you in another thread that said you'd been to Bjorn's? I had a great time there and the people were super friendly. The sales rep didn't act all snooty and was more than happy to let me sit and listen to their flagship setup. B&W 802D3s powered by a stack of McIntosh gear properly set up in a treated room. Best sounding system I've ever heard.
They are a great store dude you come up to visit your family hit me up

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Same goes to you Will you ever in this area hit me up

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes they said definetly don't parallel them unless you know for a fact that your amp is stable down in 2 or 3ohms but they recommended a rca y splitter just split that into 2 signals and connect the 2nd signal into a separate amp.

I think that may be the way to go. I like that better what do you think I have some 4 crown xls drive core 2's or I'd probably just buy a 5 channel like an outlaw 5000 and do it that way.

What do you think the installer is kind off balking about it right now the dealer Is Of have to pay extra on the wiring and the install they don't have enough which I get its all pre wired plus I may void my warranty on the anthem if I rig them that way in series or parallel

I don't want to screw with that so what I'm going to do is split the difference between the 2 rows elevate 2 of the SVS prime towers
because they do have excellent dispersion and then see if I like that but if not you and me are wiring them b@$!#es either in series or with a signal split from the processor into a separate amp I'll get back with you on that one
I think the preout to amp is the best thing to do. I was thinking in the meantime try it in parallel or series off the same amp to try but the long run solution is a separate amp.

I guess I think now is the time to wire it and do it. Why is the installer balking? People do this all the time. Or is it because he doesn’t wanna pull wire?

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Looking great brother!

You're close now for sure!

Congrats...I've been in that 98 in the shade back in the day... had family stationed at Lackland AFB...I think that's TX right? They were are so at many AFBs.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Bill also mentioned wiring in series. Instead of halving impedance wiring in series will double the impedance (16 ohm instead of 4). That's how I understand it anyway. Bill can probably explain better.

*Edit: @William Lemmerhirt, could he wire both sets in series, then run those together in parallel and have an end result of 8 ohms?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think the preout to amp is the best thing to do. I was thinking in the meantime try it in parallel or series off the same amp to try but the long run solution is a separate amp.

I guess I think now is the time to wire it and do it. Why is the installer balking? People do this all the time. Or is it because he doesn’t wanna pull wire?
He'll do it next week he has to come back and I'm going to make him do it the more I think about it the more I like the idea

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis