The Mandalorian, A New Hope For Star Wars?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
the-mandalorian-poster-pedro-pascal.jpg

Okay, first I found out that if you have a Verizon account with unlimited data you can sign up for Disney+ free for the first year! I'm a big Marvel fan and up until The Last Jedi, a huge Star Wars fan so this was a no brainer for me. We already have an unlimited plan so sign up was pretty simple.

It's Directed by John Favreau, who directed and acted the first Iron Man movie that launched the MCU. It's a big budget series on Disney+ based around a Mandalorian bounty hunter (not Boba or any of the other Fetts) tasked with an unusual bounty and action and adventure ensues. They're up to episode 4 now and I just finished watching it last night. It was perhaps the weakest episode in the series so far, but still not bad as so far I think Favreau and cast are doing a great job. Another plus is the SJWs and Anita Sarkisian all have their panties in a bunch over it because patriarchy. We all know that's usually a sign that something is good.

So is anybody watching this? I was intentionally careful to avoid any spoilers, but I think they can be discussed if we use the proper tags or as the thread grows.
Baby Yoda!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It is next on my list! My daughter and her boyfriend binge watched the first season (which I believe is only three episodes) last night and said it was great!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It is next on my list! My daughter and her boyfriend binge watched the first season (which I believe is only three episodes) last night and said it was great!
Last episode of 10 is due sometime in December.
I’m eager to watch it... but will probably subscribe for a 1month power watch and kill it til the following season is available!

Also eager to see Rise of Skywalker. The new trilogy has been quirky, but as a kid seeing Star Wars in the theater, I am forever a fan.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Last episode of 10 is due sometime in December.
I’m eager to watch it... but will probably subscribe for a 1month power watch and kill it til the following season is available!

Also eager to see Rise of Skywalker. The new trilogy has been quirky, but as a kid seeing Star Wars in the theater, I am forever a fan.
"A New Hope" is the first movie I ever saw as a kid ('77) at a drive in. It was a double feature and "Sinbad and the Eye Of The Tiger" was the second feature. It's a wonderful memory from my childhood.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about Rise of Skywalker. I think JJ did a very good job with TFU but Rian Johnson "subverted" all that with TLJ and almost killed the franchise. I walked out of the theater after watching TLJ thinking to myself "Well that just sucked!" before I even saw any of the blowback from the fans. Bad enough the film pissed me off, but his reaction to legitimate criticisms really turned me off. Enough to get me to swear off Star Wars for a while... I've yet to see "Solo".

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Empire Strikes Back was one of the first movies I saw as a kid that I can remember at least. I’m not sure if I saw Jedi next or maybe Star Wars (New Hope) on vhs. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Empire Strikes Back was one of the first movies I saw as a kid that I can remember at least. I’m not sure if I saw Jedi next or maybe Star Wars (New Hope) on vhs. :)
My most memorable Christmas was from that year when I opened my presents and saw these.

tie-catalog.jpg

19938327_2-256x192.jpg

Looking at them makes me want them again still... they were my favorite toys for the longest time. Of course the Tie Fighter wing stickers started to wear off and one of the wings kept popping off after a while. I lost all of the little wingtip cannons on the X Wing and R2 D2 got pretty scuffed up and hard to press down too. I beat the crap out of them, lol. That stuff is worth a fortune now.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I had a few action figures but unfortunately no spaceships. Hammerhead and C3PO and R2D2 were the last few action figures to get blown up or melted. LOL :)

I had more of the Transformer toys than anything else. Then after that mostly Nintendo 8bit games. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This and the Jeff Goldblum show were the highlights of my brief 7 day trial. I didn't find enough content there generally to keep a subscription plus the Fire Stick app via Amazon Prime only 2.0 audio. Besides, most of the Disney/Pixar stuff I really like I already own....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have it for a year before I have to start paying so I'll be getting to take it on a full test run. I'm looking forward to the Marvel series slated to come out and if The Mandalorian is any indication I'll be looking forward to more Star Wars too.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
During work as a recycling side load driver/loader I snagged me a C3PO figure and a Darth Vader which has a cool cape that stands on a change box.

They sit in my man cave on display. This year I was able to finally get the empire strikes back so that completed the original trilogy and also the prequel trilogy.

I will purchase the sequels eventually as they become used! Plenty of great places near home that have used DVDs and Blu-rays

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been watching it and find it entertaining enough. I'm curious to see where this 'Baby Yoda" goes.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched about 30 minutes of the first episode and gave up.

Then I watched about 30 minutes of "See", also from Apple TV, and I gave up on that.

Then I watched a full episode of "Dickinson", also from Apple TV, and I gave up on that.

So for me, Apple TV sucks 3/3. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Oops, okay, Disney sucks PERIOD, and Apple TV sucks 2/2. :D

Should I give this show another chance?
Mandalorian started on a high note and quickly got much, much duller. Still watchable, but many secondary acting leaving a lot to be desired. I'd not bother.
My current TV show is StartUp. You should try it.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Mandalorian started on a high note and quickly got much, much duller. Still watchable, but many secondary acting leaving a lot to be desired. I'd not bother.
My current TV show is StartUp. You should try it.
Ya this latest espisode 4? was lame. The others were good though. :)

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
"la-la-la-la"
Still waiting....
"la-la-la-la..."

Rewatching season 2 of Expanse, now. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com