Picard, A New Hope For Star Trek?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Finished last night. Very good indeed. So we are set for more seasons.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just saw that Season 2 is dropping March 3. I am intrigued to see how this progresses.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Have to watch season 1 again before starting on 2. Two years is a long time to remember. ;) :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Heh. This is basically what the Drinker thinks Bad Robot has done to this show...

Screenshot_20220415-083053_Brave.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
S2 is a little goofy, but still pretty good. Not quite as interesting as S1. I heard there are only 3 seasons planned.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Solid, but a little frustrating. Then again, every Star Trek show has had those moments. ;)
I want Taylor Sheridan to do a Star Trek series. :D

I want it to be hardcore like his other creations (Wind River, Yellowstone, 1883, Mayor of Kingstown).

I have given up on ST-Discovery since it got way too stupid for me. :D

Will be watching Picard S02 soon, but if it gets "frustrating" as you say, I will give up on it also since I don't have much patience.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Finished Picard S02 - yesterday. While the season quality was uneven, they did wrap up the last episode very nicely with a bow and guest appearance as well. Overall the show gets 7.5/10 from me.
However, I got to say the second season would be better without Soji Asha.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I just read this article and then came here to Audioholics and saw this thread:

Star Trek Picard: Where did it all go wrong? (msn.com)

I've pointed some of these out in other posts where we discussed streaming show. I believe these comments apply to many of the new shows based on movies/shows that have been around a long time.

From the article in no particular order:

the majority of the series has been riddled with plot inconsistencies, jerky twists that don’t lead anywhere

The advent of streaming services have been wonderful, but with a captive audience already in place and without the fiery breath of executives demanding high ratings to sell back to advertisers, you can start to see storylines become bloated.

I keep getting annoyed while watching it and yet I return every week. Maybe I love the characters and want to see them again? ..... Maybe it's just because it's Star Trek

I’ve read high-praise of the show, but I can’t help but think that this is from wearing rose-tinted nostalgia glasses

This storyline could have easily been a two-parter if The Next Generation was still going.

I agree with these comments. Particularly the rose-tinted nostalgia glasses one. I find they all apply to other streaming spinoffs (well, not just spinoffs. Consider The Stand. This surely could have been 1/3 the length). But I'm sure I'll tune-in next week. o_O

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Just finished Star Trek: Picard Season 3. I forgive seasons 1 and 2 everything just because I enjoyed 3 so much. This is the one to watch. Too many Easter Eggs to count. Not perfect, but far better than 1 and 2 in every way and just a f#%kin’ good time. I’d scrap the Discovery final season and replace it with Star Trek: …... well, you just have to see for yourself.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They left it open, so there is always the possibility of another season, despite saying this was the last. They also opened up other possibilities growing out of it. This season was definitely the best one.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
When you end it well, leave it alone. No more mash ups with old and new. They need to learn a lesson from the horrible "Generations" movie.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They are getting up there in years too. I think they will spin it off and follow Jack's story.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis